taultunleashed logoEQ2 Cheats: Harvesting Exploit: Easier skillups : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 14 posts ] 
blue large dot

EQ2 Cheats: Harvesting Exploit: Easier skillups : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info

Posted: June 26th, 2006, 6:55 am

chowming
chowming's Reps:
I noticed this when harvesting yesterday..., i went to nektulos and double clicked on a stone to harvest it, it said "your skill is to low to harvest this item", then i dragged the icon to mine into my hotbar, clicked 1, and i saw my toon harvesting... then i got a skillup...

so i decided to test it further...

my skill was 5 in fishing, i went to nektulos, and selected a fish node... made a simple macro to click "4" over and over, selected the fish, and ran the macro....
i came back to the node being gone, having "73" fishing skill, and a few rares from the node and like 14 fish...., i did this again, and when i came back i was over 90, the skill it takes to actually harvest in nektulos.

dont know if this is known yet... or if anyone has put it to use... but thought id let you guys know =)

i know my directions hard to read.... so ill make it more simple.

1. Go to a node that you cannot harvest (your skill is to low for it)
2. Drag that node specific skill to your hotbar.
3. Select the node, and start pressing the skill in your hotbar. (i make a macro because sometimes its 10-20 minutes a node... depending on your skill)
4. Enjoy the easy skillups =)

Last edited by Guest on June 26th, 2006, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: June 26th, 2006, 9:02 am

apoc69
apoc69's Reps:
Let me see if I got this correct because the ellipse and punctuation issues are confusing me.

1) If you double click (or the 'f' key) a harvest node that is below your skill level you do not level up your skill.
2) However, if you select a skill (i.e. fishing) and drag it to an open slot on a toolbar, and then use it your skill level will go up regardless of the tier you are harvesting in.

I could test this since I haven't raised fishing in ages. One question though. Did you have to change harvest nodes for fishing to go from 5 - 73 or was this some supernode that just kept giving?

Posted: June 26th, 2006, 9:17 am

chowming
chowming's Reps:
yes... any node that has a higher skill than you... just drag the skill in your hotbar and use it from the hotbar... make a macro, makes it easier... i was at 1 node for 15 minutes.... it doesent keep giving... you get alot of "Nothing Found"... you get a few harvest from it though wich i found odd... one of the harvests was a rare, but if you double click you gt a "Not enough skill to harvest"

great exploit i think... especially for that fishing skill that everyone neglects.

btw, i have tested this with other skills, it works the same.

Posted: June 26th, 2006, 11:34 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: June 26th, 2006, 2:41 pm

chowming
chowming's Reps:
somewone say yay... it takes a few minutes to test... and yes it does work...

also... in reply to apoc, no not a supernode... just a regular node, but your skill is so low that your chance is like 1/100 to get something...

this is a variation of the exploit that was out the first 2 weeks of eq2, where you could harvest a node on the other side of the map as long as you had it targeted and used the skill on hotbar instead of 'f' key

Posted: June 26th, 2006, 4:05 pm

slam666

Total Posts: 1184
slam666's Reps: 1
premium
Yes its working, doing some skill up in sinking sand right now.

:)

Author of EQ2Ultrabot, NOW WITH CRAFTING!!!
Read this before asking for help

Posted: June 26th, 2006, 10:02 pm

apoc69
apoc69's Reps:
It does seem to work for the most part but I have to do a little bit more testing. I tried it with several alts. I went with a level 10 alt with level 5 fishing to Thundering Steppes did indeed start skilling up. I went with another alt to Level 15 to Everfrost skilled up there as well. I did confirm that you get the message that skill level is too high when using mouse clicks or 'f' key. But when I went with another alt level 6 to Sinking Sands I was able to fish but did not get any message. Neither didn't find anything or skill ups - but the weird thing is that all the harvest skills for this alt were 31/31 and I only used this one as a mule for a long time. Seems SoE artifically set the levels, dunno why. I'll have to see what happens if I skill up in the correct tier and head back to a higher tier with the same alt.

Posted: June 27th, 2006, 7:28 am

slam666

Total Posts: 1184
slam666's Reps: 1
premium
This is perfect to raise your skill to be able to do tradeskill quest in the new expension, I have 3 toon that are 60+ tradeskill but never harvest with them, so I went to Sinking sand and harvest till skill hit 240. You need to do it a lot to raise skill and most of the time you dont get any message but after a bit you will see skill up message so be patient.
Also it is very usefull to buy some woodworker new harvesting item that reduce the time.

Author of EQ2Ultrabot, NOW WITH CRAFTING!!!
Read this before asking for help

Posted: June 27th, 2006, 8:02 am

chowming
chowming's Reps:
i was 12 in trapping, i got it to 90 in Nektulos.... seems to work for everything for me...

i think the factor is:
your max skill must be at least the minimum required to harvest.

in example:
1. your skill in fishing is 5/130, it takes 90 to harvest in Nektulos, therefore you can raise yourskill with the hotbar method.

2. your skill in mining is 5/130, it takes 200+/- harvest in DOF, your max skill does not match the minimum skill required, you cannot raise your skill here.

what this exploit is good for:

lets say you dont wanna start at tier 1 to raise your skill... or you are on a PVP server and cannot run a bot to run arround and harvest... you can just park yourself in a safe spot next to a node, macro the skill, and afk for a while... rinse and repeat till you get skill

Posted: June 27th, 2006, 9:46 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
700 to you.

Posted: June 28th, 2006, 10:01 am

Tault_ruwin

Total Posts: 2
Tault_ruwin's Reps: 0
was nerfed

6/28/06 after the patch it no longer worked for me

Posted: June 28th, 2006, 11:08 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Can we have a double nerfed confirmation.

Posted: June 28th, 2006, 5:12 pm

chowming
chowming's Reps:
nerfed =\....

maby we have a rat on the forums?

Posted: June 29th, 2006, 4:10 am

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Damn, thats a pity.
Moving to Nerfed Info board.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online