taultunleashed logoEQ2 Exploit: LVL 20-34 Nerius Pirate Captain Pathing Exploit : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 20 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

EQ2 Exploit: LVL 20-34 Nerius Pirate Captain Pathing Exploit : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info

Posted: December 5th, 2005, 10:51 am

alexv2
alexv2's Reps:
The Nerius Pirate Captain is a ^^^ named that spawns with friends in nektulos on the beach by the docks. i think at 34ish he turns gray, not sure tho... was farming him on a 33 and he was green.

I figured out how to kill him by yourself with no effort:

Start battle, select a lower level down arrow mob.
Run to the guards like litttle bish.
Let guards take agro.
let guards kill the mobs.
IMPORTANT: You must kill 1 of the mobs before the guards kill the rest, and you will get a chest to drop, told my brother about it who is lvl 27 scout, and he has been farming the guy for hours, got bags full of spells and items, and has gotten quite a few master chests.

(im sure this can be used elsewhere where named is close to guards)

Posted: December 5th, 2005, 11:38 am

apoc69
apoc69's Reps:
The level they turn grey now is 11. If the mob is 34, that means he/she will be grey when you are 45. I can't confirm this because I'm too high now, but it seems reasonable. Maybe, I'll try one of my lowbie toons, but if you have to kill one of the mobs then it might not work for me.

Posted: December 5th, 2005, 2:17 pm

alexv2
alexv2's Reps:
was doing it on a 33 swashbuckler, mob was green to me.. all you have to kill is a 2 down or 3 down mob, pick the weakest one... very easy to solo down arrows even if they are orange to you

its a good way for those 20-25ish toons can make decent cash by themselves or with 1 friend splitting the loot 50/50

Posted: December 5th, 2005, 3:53 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Nice one Alex. But since your a prem member, you should be posting this straight into the appropraite discussion board.
Moving to Confirmed Exploits.

Posted: December 5th, 2005, 5:05 pm

alexv2
alexv2's Reps:
i know it should be posted there, but thats confirmed... doesent someone have to confirm something for it to go to the confirmed section?

Posted: December 5th, 2005, 10:06 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
200 to you.

Last edited by Tault_admin on December 6th, 2005, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: December 6th, 2005, 5:06 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Removed happy hunting!

Loraik

Last edited by Guest on December 6th, 2005, 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: December 6th, 2005, 9:06 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
yea i edited his cash for only 200 after i saw that one. Its worth some points as he showed a good area to actually apply to exploit to some mobs.

Posted: December 6th, 2005, 9:21 am

alexv2
alexv2's Reps:
mine is different
simular concept but different
he says beat down mob below 50%, with this you have to do no 50% thing, just kill 1 mob out of the named group i.e. out of 6 mobs you only have to kill 1... so not a 50% thing, this isnt for xp... this is for loot.

i just think its cool how by yourself all you have to do is kill a down arrow mob to get a chest from a named, i told a rl friend about it who is reall poor and about 25ish lvl... and cant kill a ^^^ green, he was camping this guy for 2 days, has made a decent ammount of cash, upgraded all his gear, etc.

and if you know other places to use this... why dont you share instead of saying you know a bunch of places that you can post?
if there is other places where this can be done with named, then share =)

Posted: December 6th, 2005, 9:45 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Removed Happy hunting, sorry I cost you points, Admin just give him my points, not using them anyway.

Loraik

Last edited by Guest on December 6th, 2005, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: December 6th, 2005, 9:58 am

alexv2
alexv2's Reps:
just thought it was a different exploit since you are not killing anything below 50%
to kill a named encounter below 50% you would have to kill every mob in the encounter below 50%

the bug goes further than just 50% for xp, all you have do do is kill 1, the weakest 1, before the guards kill it... and you will get a chest, plus the guards will aggro the whole encounter, thats why you make sure your pull spell is done on the weakest one, then run to the guards, they will agro the encounter, then you run a bit away with the 1 weakest that you chose and kill it yourself.

so if a named had 6 adds you would only be killing 1/7th of the encounter, and the weakest part of it.

Posted: January 9th, 2006, 6:17 am

tault_o___o
tault_o___o's Reps:
Lvl 39 here, I wonder where I could use this tactic at?

Posted: January 19th, 2006, 11:59 am

lyricalmenace
lyricalmenace's Reps:
Hmm does this still work? Lvl 22 necro here and I pull one of the lower lvls to me and then run right to the guards on the dock but they don't pull aggro off me I end up getting smoked by the pirates!

Posted: January 20th, 2006, 11:02 am

eyedol66
eyedol66's Reps:
lyricalmenace (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Hmm does this still work? Lvl 22 necro here and I pull one of the lower lvls to me and then run right to the guards on the dock but they don't pull aggro off me I end up getting smoked by the pirates!

This doesn't work, tried it with a level 23, the guards didn't agro the pirates at all

Posted: January 20th, 2006, 3:08 pm

lyricalmenace
lyricalmenace's Reps:
I got it to work to an extent.

I pull one of the lower pirates with a DoT. Then I run to the guards, the guards take the aggro of the PIRATE CAPTAIN and that's it. That leaves me with 2 pirates whacking at me which I can't stay alive long enough.

Am I doing something wrong?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online