EQ2 Exploit: Trade Non Tradeables : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info

Posted: January 20th, 2005, 2:16 am

tault_Broden

Total Posts: 2313
tault_Broden's Reps: 159
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Someone sent me this but i have a feeling it was already posted here

I found a way to trade no-trade items. what you do is you have your house that you own and you have a no-trade item you wanna sell to someone who is willing to go through this small process with you, or you have a friend or alt you want to give the no-trade item to. You drop the item in the house you own and add the person, you are giving (selling) the no-trade item to, to the trustee access list for your house. they will then be able to pick up the no-trade item from your house and use it for their house or what it is they choose. this only works with items that can be placed in houses, such as books, furniture items you got at the beginning, mastery trophies, and im sure there are some im missing or leaving out.

Posted: January 22nd, 2005, 8:00 am

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Wow thats cool, now we can make huge libarys from all your alts books :D

Posted: February 22nd, 2005, 8:34 pm

tault_veleno
tault_veleno's Reps:
can anyone veriphy if this works please - i have some crafting tables i want to transfer to other players... thanks

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 12:25 am

tault_herrkapp
tault_herrkapp's Reps:
It worked for me about a week ago. I transferred some keg+stoves to an alt character, just made him a trustee of my apartment and he could pick them up.

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 4:59 am

tault_nuad
tault_nuad's Reps:
Yepp... still works.

Posted: February 27th, 2005, 6:35 am

tault_nuad
tault_nuad's Reps:
This will get nerfed pretty soon... test server patch message:

*** Housing ***

- Players can now share housing more effectively.
- Items marked NO TRADE can be placed in a house by Trustees or the Owner.
- All NO-TRADE items placed in a house remember who placed them and can only be picked up by that player.
- The house Owner and any Trustees can move any NO-TRADE items placed in the house.
- The house Owner can destroy NO-TRADE items not owned by them.
- NO-TRADE items already placed in houses before the update are treated as follows:
- If items with identical names are found in the house, the first 4 items of the same type are set to NO OWNER.
- NO OWNER house items cannot be picked up until they are claimed. The "pickup" menu item is replaced with a "claim ownership" menu item for these items.
- After the first 4 identical items are set to NO OWNER, all subsequent items of the same type are automatically owned by the house Owner.
- If the Owner of the house wishes to claim all NO OWNER items, that character can use the command /house_own_all to do so.
- If the Owner of the house uses the "Collect Contents" button, they will NOT pick up NO OWNER items, they must explicitly claim those items using the right click menu or /house_own_all.
- Example: A house contains 3 "Know your Gnolls" books and 12 Simple Forges. All 3 "Know your Gnolls" books become NO OWNER and can be claimed by any Trustee or the house Owner. 4 of the Simple Forges become NO OWNER and can be claimed by any Trustee or the house Owner. 8 of the Simple Forges are automatically owned by the house Owner and can only be picked up by that character.

Posted: March 24th, 2005, 8:10 am

tault_pharce
tault_pharce's Reps:
Hi guys.

I wanted to sell one of my paintings. Has this one been nerfed, then?

Posted: August 24th, 2005, 2:22 pm

tault_7earsrunred
tault_7earsrunred's Reps:
Nerfed...well sorta. You can place the non-tradable item in the house, but you cant pick it up if you arent the one who put it there

Posted: August 24th, 2005, 4:26 pm

tault_pharce
tault_pharce's Reps:
tault_7earsrunred (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Nerfed...well sorta. You can place the non-tradable item in the house, but you cant pick it up if you arent the one who put it there

Hehe, that sounds pretty nerfed to me. :) That's a bummer too, because I wanted to sell off some stuff that I'd gotten.

Posted: August 24th, 2005, 5:14 pm

tault_xenoith
tault_xenoith's Reps:
Nope works as of today 8/24/05 Just handed off my Shiny brass halbred to my friend lol

Posted: August 24th, 2005, 6:17 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
was it one you had gotten before said patch (in otherwords, was it still sitting there unclaimed from before they made us reclaim all our house items?)

Posted: August 24th, 2005, 7:34 pm

krackajackfoo
krackajackfoo's Reps:
I had a friend redecorate my room. The dreadsnout (flaming pig heads) that he hung on the wall were a bit crooked so I went to move them ... wouldn't allow me.

Posted: September 1st, 2005, 1:16 am

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
This exploit has been nerfed. THe only way another can get a non-tradeable is if it had not yet been claimed after the patch.
Moving to the nerfed bin

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online