taultunleashed logoEQ2: Guide to a ranger in 8 easy steps ---REVISED--- : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 9 posts ] 
blue large dot

EQ2: Guide to a ranger in 8 easy steps ---REVISED--- : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info

Posted: March 19th, 2005, 4:47 am

tault_xeorn
tault_xeorn's Reps:
Hello, im Xeorn Valshar a level 22 wood elf ranger on the Faydark server.

I will be guiding you in 8 easy steps to becoming a ranger

First lets talk about your skills

1 Quick Strike - A quick but powerful melee strike 9
3 Sneak - Puts you into a stealth mode
4 Pathfinding - Increase to run speed and lasts 15 mins. 9
4 Evade - Reduces your hate with a target with a 30 sec recast and 1 sec cast. 14
5 Sneak Attack - Attack from the side or back of a mob(no stealth required). 16
6 Cheap Shot - 5 second stun as long as you don't hit the mob again and great for soloing. 4
7 Ambush - Stealth based attack from any direction. 14
8 Dirty Tricks - Lowers your targets AC. 11
9 Ensnare - Reduces a targets movement speed. 25
10 Shadowblade - A deadly attack from behind while using stealth. 22
11 Reconnoiter - Increases recon skills by 10 for better stealth and damage. 9
12 Bleed - A piercing attack that also deals damage over time. 22
13 Hunter's Instinct -Increases agility 18
13 Impale - High damage attack that also lowers a targets defense against piercing. 39
14 Stalk - This ability places you in stealth mode and lowers your threat level with the target. 13
15 Pierce - Quick Attack that deals medium damage. 21
15 Back Shot - An archery attack from behind. 31
16 Open Shot - Requires a ranged weapon. Launches two shots at once ignoring some enemy armor. 24
17 Hunt - Allows stealthed movement and the ability to see hidden enemies.
17 Blade Flurry -Gives you a chance for an extra melee strike to target and another target on each successful strike.
18 Survival Instincts - Increases parry and defense skills while lowering attack speed. 29
19 Shrouded Strike - A flanking attack that deals medium damage and stealths the predator. 33
19 Pounce - Attacks up to 5 creatures in the same encounter

Step one -Making Your Charecter-

This is a very simple step in the process. Basically make a charecter! The best choices for a ranger in my opinion would be a Wood Elf or Half Elf they both have fairly high stamina and agility. Choose an appearence. Then a charecter name. And then a server. If your no dont skip tutorial it has great information if your starting off on Everquest2.

Step two 1-8 on -Isles of Refuge and Citizenship-

So here you are, you've made your charecter. Go to the guy to make your selection and choose scout. Grab your weapons and start doing the quests on the top right quest journal on your interface if its in its default position. Once you get to the Orc quest, he is located west of the Treehouse. You might need atleast 3-6 people. You will definatly need a fighter and a priest, but a mage would be good help too. Kill the sparkcaster first. When your finished with those three you'll get a few more including the orc. Kill the Witch Doctor first. Once your done with this you may want to stick around to get good items for your level or your xp to 220% so when you gain citizenship your automatically level 8, this will help ALOT! Once your in your city and you get your citizenship task, complete it by going to the zones you need to go to and gathering the tokens. Once done you will need to go through a trial. Kill the first Freeport guard. Go to the first girl on the right and make an exception for her because she is sorry. Go to the second guy and dont let him bribe you. Go to the third one and tell her that you wern't even talking about the Ironforge Estate ( You wern't! ).
You should be done and gain to level 8 if you got 220%

Step three 1-10 -Antonica and Subclass-

Head on over to Antonica. Go to the farms until you level to level 9. Now on to your subclass. You should finish the steps ( Easily ) and once your done choose Predator. Go to 791,-29 in the Qeynos Docks. Go in and when you get to the stairs go left. Kill the mob and congratulations your a predator. If you didn't level you will need to level to 10 and you will automatically become a predator.

Step four 10-15 -The Forest Ruins-

The Forgotten Ruins is located off of "The Baubleshire" and "The Willow Wood". This is a lowbie zone for charecters 6-15 and maybe 16. Once in follow the path to the castle its located at 1016,-631. Double click the doors and go inside. There should be a few Forgotten Guardians wandering around. DONT GO ABOVE THE STAIRS! For now....

Kill Forgotten Guardians until you level 11 and THEN head up the stairs and kill those. Do this until level 12 ( Wont take long at all ). If you want to get alot of xp kill the skeletons inside the buildings. They come in groups of 3-6 but are very easy. Once you level 13 repeat this step until 14. Then head deeper into the fountain and start killing EVERYTHING in the castle until you level 15.

Step five 15-17 -Blackburrow-

To get there the loc is -1480,880 or get on a griffin and fly to the Steppes Station. Once off go in the direction of the scarecrow field and keep going. Avoid the gnolls or monsters that will aggro you. Pass the waterfall and keep going until you reach an entrance to a kind of cave-like structure. Go in and try and get a group killing Gnolls in the deeper part of Blackburrow. When you can get it try and get into the two main rooms in the end of the tunnels. Sometimes ( Very Rarely ) a key will drop unlocking a very nice set of armor or weapon for you. I got a Kodiak Hide Curius. You should continue this until you level about 17 or maybe 18's if your patient. ( Sorry I cant get more indepth about these levels but hey this is a free guide so dont complain )

Step six 17- 19 -Rotstuffed Scarecrows in Antonica-

The loc is -1986,677 or go back to Steppes Station and you should pass a big scarecrow field with scarecrows in it called rotstuffed scarecrows. Get a group of atleast 1 fighter and one priest. Kill the crows until 19 ( Now it gets fun! )

Step seven -Subclassing to a ranger-

At Qeynos docks Arrell Silvertongue
928,53 a hafling will instruct you to go to the bottom of the falls in Blackburrow **See "BlackBurrow" above** and see the spy. Once your quest journal is updated go back to Arrel Silvertongue 928,53 in the Qeynos Docks and he will instruct you to go to South Qeynos. Follow the left wall if your zoning in from Antonica behind the houses, the zone is called "Secret Meeting Place". You will need Hunt Apprentice 3 or up to get past these guards. Go into the door with the two guards blocking it, turn left go down the stairs. Follow the wall. Kill the two negotiators and your done!

Step Eight 20 -Back to Scarecrow Fields-

**See -Rotstuffed Scarecrows in Antonica- above for location**
Go back to the Rotstuffed Scarecrow Fields and level from 19 to 20 with the same steps.

Congratulations you are now a ranger

If your still reading and want some pretty nice armor for your level **wont go indepth** read here

-AQ or Armorquest-

Head back to Ian at 791,-29 in the Qeynos Docks
and follow his quests on recovering lost things
from his family

Thanks for reading - Xeorn Valshar of Tunare

Posted: March 19th, 2005, 4:50 am

tault_xeorn
tault_xeorn's Reps:
Error --- Where it says to stop doing your quests on the Isle of Refuge I meant start sorry for the problem

Posted: March 19th, 2005, 7:09 am

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Ah, i think thats a little better. I think you deserve a prem membership now.
btw, i fixed up your formatting. Try to make it look as nice as you can next time.

Posted: March 19th, 2005, 9:31 am

tault_xeorn
tault_xeorn's Reps:
=D Awesome, when will I get it?

Posted: March 25th, 2005, 9:56 am

tault_chrisbarnett_1
tault_chrisbarnett_1's Reps:
I recently ordered EQ2 and would like to know if a Ranger is one of the better classes in the game? If not, what are? I don't want to go through building a character to find out he's weak and I need to start over. Can anyone help with a few suggestions?

Posted: March 26th, 2005, 10:59 am

tault_xeorn
tault_xeorn's Reps:
Theres no best class just how you play. Let me help

Fighters - High Damage hitters with high hp usually the tank
Mages - High instant damage slower than scouts
Scouts - Low instant damage alot faster than mages
Priests - Healers

Posted: March 26th, 2005, 5:15 pm

tault_chrisbarnett_1
tault_chrisbarnett_1's Reps:
When you say faster/slower, do you mean how long it takes for the next hit?

Thanks for the help.

Posted: April 1st, 2005, 9:26 am

tault_xeorn
tault_xeorn's Reps:
Depends on what the delay on the weapon is

The lower the number the faster it is

Example

Dagger one
Delay 1.5

Dagger two
Delay 1.2

Dagger two is faster =P

Posted: May 26th, 2006, 8:33 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Information is outdated.
Moving to [i]Nerfed Info[/i] board.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online