taultunleashed logoEQ2 Macro: VB .NET Crafting Macro : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 19 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

EQ2 Macro: VB .NET Crafting Macro : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info

Posted: April 7th, 2005, 3:06 am

tault_mfumia
tault_mfumia's Reps:
I recently wrote a crafting program(VB .NET) for myself and a few friends. I am sure this site doesn't have it already because I just created it. The program allows you to
1) do up to 5 recipes any number of times (well, actually you can only do each recipe from 1 to 999999 times)

2)send up to 3 crafting buffs

3)take an optional pause in crafting if low power detected (from 15-90 secs.)

4)Optionally exit EQ2 when done with crafting

5)Respond to 'tells' with up to 70 characters of text you set.

Any chance something like this would get me premium access, or do you have enough crafting programs already?

Posted: April 7th, 2005, 6:23 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Well, in short, yes we have crafting macro's that do that and more. But any able programmers are more than welcome too. So yes, submitting your macro will get you prem access.

Posted: April 7th, 2005, 8:10 pm

tault_mfumia
tault_mfumia's Reps:
Thanks for the reply. I made a couple of changes to my crafting program code last night that I want to test out before I submit the program. I will post it up later today or tomorrow.

Posted: April 7th, 2005, 9:25 pm

tault_mfumia
tault_mfumia's Reps:
Ahh WTH, here's the version of the program I have with me at the moment. It's pretty stable, but like I said before it has a few changes that I haven't tested in game (i.e. EQ2) yet. Just unzip the download file and execute the EQ2_Crafter_Advanced.exe file. The program interface is pretty self explanatory.

All suggestions and constructive criticism welcome.

Remeber, this program was developed using Visual Studio .NET. You will have to have the .Net framework installed on your PC for this program to run. The .Net framework is available from Microsoft's website. Just google 'install .Net framework' and you should get a link to the MS page where you can download the .Net install.

Enjoy.

Posted: April 7th, 2005, 9:41 pm

tault_mfumia
tault_mfumia's Reps:
Just a couple of tips on how to use the crafting program.

For Recipes and Buffs, the 'Key' corresponds to the key in the active EQ2 hotbar. So, you would put your recipes in keys 6,7,8,9,0. The crafting buffs you want to use go in keys 1,2,3. In case you didn't already know, you can drag and drop buffs from your knowledge book and recipes from your recipes book directly into EQ2 hotbars.

The Log Setup tab in the program and the corresponding 'Set Log' button are related to your EQ2 log file. LOGGING MUST BE ON in EQ2 for this program to work. It monitors your EQ2 log fiile. Each character you play creates it's own log file, if you enable logging in EQ2. You need to point this crafting program to the log file of the character you are going to be crafting with. The log file is in a subdirectory bearing the name of the server you play on and the name of the log file will contain the name of your character. If you can't find the log file and you have never enabled logging in EQ2, log into EQ2 and turn logging on (/log). This will create the log file. Then try the 'Set Log' buttong again. The check option to let the crafting program enabling/disable EQ2 logging simply lets the crafting program ensure that logging in ON when you start crafting and turns logging OFF when done crafting.

Any other options should be self explanatory, but if you have any questions let know. I am not sure, but I guess you can post them to this thread.

Enjoy!

Posted: April 8th, 2005, 3:36 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Ok i'll give you prem access ASAP. This may take awhile as admin is busy merging this site with another one. Sorry.

Posted: April 8th, 2005, 8:46 pm

tault_mfumia
tault_mfumia's Reps:
Thanks! Will you send me a PM once my account is upgraded to premium?

I am also curious if anyone has had a chance to use my crafting program and has any feedback.

-mf

Posted: April 9th, 2005, 12:53 pm

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
Tested it, works on test, You should adapt it for the new crafting buffs :)

Posted: April 9th, 2005, 11:31 pm

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
Does it peek at memory to get event info, or does it do it by icon recognition? If it uses icon recognition, are you just capturing the screen and using Bitmap.GetPixel to check colors, or do you have another (better) method?

Posted: April 10th, 2005, 12:27 pm

tault_mfumia
tault_mfumia's Reps:
Actually,

It's pretty dumb on how it sends crafting buffs. You simply put the 3 you want to use in hotbar slots 1, 2, and 3. The crafting program simply sends 1, 2, then 3.

Not fancy, but works fine for someone like me that just wants to crank out provisions.

Posted: April 10th, 2005, 12:30 pm

tault_mfumia
tault_mfumia's Reps:
Once you hit start, immediately give EQ2 focus by clicking anywhere in the EQ2 window. If you enabling auto logging, the program will turn on logging then hit the first recipe key. You have a couple of seconds to position your mouse over the "Begin" button. Once the crafting begins, position the mouse near the right edge of the "Repeat" button. That way it will work for repeating the current recipe and beginning any subsequent recipes.

Another you probably should do it turn off the info window that pops up when you complete a make. There should be a check box in the window to disable.

Later.

Posted: April 22nd, 2005, 5:01 am

tault_xeorn
tault_xeorn's Reps:
Is there anyway for it to automatically click repeat and begin? Mine wont do it so I have to automatically click it. I have it positioned over them both. All it does is just push the buttons for me, is this all its made to do?

Posted: May 8th, 2005, 5:21 am

tault_marshalll
tault_marshalll's Reps:
it wont work at all for me but im new at this so it proly something i doin but can u help me please

Posted: May 10th, 2005, 6:25 pm

tault_lizzy
tault_lizzy's Reps:
Love this app. Nice work mfumia. I have a custom UI so using this was pretty simple. Just had to change my crafting screen back to the default one so it could click repeat and begin without having to move the mouse.

Let us know if you ever update this.

Excellent tool 10/10.

Posted: May 12th, 2005, 12:18 am

tault_msboy1
tault_msboy1's Reps:
I am a little paranoid of running executables that I don't source code.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online