taultunleashed logoEQ2: MacrossUI - Custom bot-friendly UI for EQ2 : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 32 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

EQ2: MacrossUI - Custom bot-friendly UI for EQ2 : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info

Posted: February 2nd, 2005, 3:37 pm

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
UPDATE 06 April, 2005:
* IMPORTANT: eq2.ini must be updated to work with this revision!!

* Remade MacrossUI and switched version to 2.0

* Removed unneccesary files from distribution

* Moved recipe window to upper-left corner and made it non-movable. If you can move the window, the UI IS NOT INSTALLED properly!

*Due to popular request, made the color keys small bars along the top - you can now see the individual icons.

*Remade icons to work with the new version of MacrossTS (or... was that the other way around?)

UPDATE 19 Feb, 2005:
*Added coloration to the Begin button to indicate when it is out of ingredients

*Possible miscoloration with Build components - please check here to see if any bugs are already posted, then post them.

UPDATE 5 Feb, 2005:
*Modified UI data to automatically set Tradeskill window to 0,0

*Changed 'Begin' button to use the same color scheme as the Repeat button

*Now, to properly set the location for the tradeskills window, simply Right+click on it, choose Window Options, and reset window location.

Here it is! The latest version of the MacrossUI will always be located at the URL below:

Last edited by Guest on April 7th, 2005, 9:39 am, edited 5 times in total.

Posted: February 3rd, 2005, 5:16 am

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Uploaded to Tault FTP

Posted: February 3rd, 2005, 7:24 am

tault_loraik
tault_loraik's Reps:
Link is broke. Tried from work and home.

Posted: February 3rd, 2005, 12:13 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Gah, hang on.

Posted: February 6th, 2005, 5:14 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
Updated today - see patch notes at the top.

Posted: February 20th, 2005, 1:33 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
Another patch! This one actually seems to break the default position on the box slightly... oops
It should still work, but if not try moving it to the right slightly.

Posted: February 24th, 2005, 2:31 am

tault_loraik
tault_loraik's Reps:
Any chance I can get some pics of the UI? I have a very clean borderless UI (Yafs - from eq2interface.com w/hotbar mods) atm that I have adapted to work with pickled's macro and I would like to maintain a very clean UI.

Also have you by chance included the ability to camp when done crafting so your toon isn't left holding it's pud for hours on end in front of the table? This is a very important option for me as I am afraid to leave my bot running if I am not in ear shot of my audio aleart from tells.

Also does your UI run in window mode or full screen.

Loraik

Posted: February 24th, 2005, 2:46 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
The UI mod runs in windowed mode. My TS bot recently had the ability added to /camp desktop when done crafting. A few other changes were also made to make life easier - for instance, if you set CountTo to 9999, it will just keep making the recipes in order until it runs out of components. That is especially useful when crafting things like WORTs as the first step, and refining those into dyes and such as a second step.
I'm working on the ability for the bot to completely shut down the PC as an option once it's done it's thing to conserve energy - my power bill is killing me!

Posted: February 24th, 2005, 2:58 am

tault_loraik
tault_loraik's Reps:
Your power bill? What the heck kinda machine you running? I think my 2 systems, my entertainment system (to keep the computers entertained during the day) and my beer fridge use like $5 a month. Well ok I relise your power company could be gouging you. I know mine does on the gas side.

What about some screen shots of the UI Akanon? pleeeeese

Or can you tell me can your system be adapted to use other UI's with some work? That is what I ended up doing with Pickled's script.

Loraik

Posted: February 24th, 2005, 3:18 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
Mmm - yeah, some features could be switched over fairly easily. You could get the event detection semi-working by just copying over the files out of the UI/Images directory to your UI of choice, but it would get all sorts of false detections due to the strange brown background color.
If they have no changes to the Tradeskill stuff, you may even just be able to copy over the files from the MacrossUI folder to the other folder. Screenshot of it 'in action' below:

Posted: February 24th, 2005, 3:41 am

tault_loraik
tault_loraik's Reps:
OK few more questions. Did you set a color for each type of button? If so when you get new buttons as you progress thru the lvls are they your colors or do you have to wory about upgrading the buttons.

Also is the rest of the UI that doesn't have anything to do with tradeskills sotck?

Does your UI/Bot monitor health for working on forge?

Last question, do you have to have ACTools or anything to get your bot/macro's to work?

Thanks for talking time to answere my questions.

Loraik

P.S.

what the heck is "The GIMP"?

Posted: February 24th, 2005, 3:54 am

tault_prowling1
tault_prowling1's Reps:
LOL I seen that one also. Was kinda wandering the same thing. =P

Posted: February 24th, 2005, 6:56 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
I use ACTool for running the macros atm.
My bot has the _ABILITY_ to monitor for health on the forge, although I haven't implemented checks for it as of yet. I have a library of functions for use in ACTool that you can use to find CurHP, MaxHP, and a lot of other useful variables, but it's not currently implemented into the bot.
I set a color for each type of event. What the macro CURRENTLY does is it checks those squares for a pixel color. R relates to which of the 3 artisan classes it is (craftsman, scholar, or outfitter), G relates to which ability set, and B relates to which event. If you download the bot code and take a quick look at it, you should be able to see how it works.
I will likely be changing it soon to just be the event identifier, and recover the rest of the information from which recipe it is using. This should let me ALSO have reactions for the new abilities.

The GIMP is the Graphical Image Manipulation Program (G.I.M.P.) - check out www.gimp.org for windows, unix, linux, and macOS versions. It's similiar in functionality and interface to Adobe Photoshop, if you've ever used that.

Posted: February 24th, 2005, 11:24 am

tault_loraik
tault_loraik's Reps:
I know nothing about ACTools yet so I think I will hold off on using it, the health check is extreamly important to me as 90% of the stuff I do requires the health to be monitored. So I will prob. wait till you make it a function of your bot.

Looks cool though, will def. download it and try to learn ACTools abit.

Loraik

Posted: February 25th, 2005, 4:53 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
The good thing about ACTools is that it is simple to learn. It has a fair amount of functionality while keeping it fairly straightforward.
I think to tonight I will add in HP & PP checks to the bot. It's high time that this bird flies.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online