taultunleashed logoEQ2: Make Money in EQ2 On Any Server Fast!!! : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 11 posts ] 
blue large dot

EQ2: Make Money in EQ2 On Any Server Fast!!! : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info

Posted: July 21st, 2005, 7:26 pm

squirrelycc

Total Posts: 109
squirrelycc's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
How can you make a lot of money in EQ2 relatively fast?

Well, look at it this way, Everquest 2 is played by lots of people, which is a huge community. And, it has its own currency and markets, etc... So why not play a little economics and try to monopolize? The key thing in this post is to figure out a way to manipulate the wholesalers market and have people exclusively buy from you!

Here is how i did this recently, and I made a lot of coin:
First I looked for an item that sold well on the wholesale market. The two items I decided to use was tuber strands and murdunk oranges. These sold very fast all the time. Then the thing to do is to go out and harvest these items. I usually waited until I had 3 or 4 stacks of 20 of each item. Now here is the tricky part. You put your items up for sale at a mid level price. I was charging 1S 25C per item. Then (this requires that you have some cash) you have to buy out all of the people selling your item for a lower price and add it to your list of items. I said there was a tricky part. You must be attentive to the market and watch for people to put your items up for sale at a lower price and buy them out as quickly as you can. Once you accomplish this, you have now set a Price Floor on the item you are selling. Now you are making 100% profit on items you harvested yourself, and a small profit on the items you bought off of others selling at lower prices.

The only way to make this work is to make sure that you clear the market of your items being sold by others at cheaper prices. THE KEY IS TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE MARKET and to BE FAST TO REMOVE YOUR COMPETITION. I made over 100 gold pieces doing this!!!!

I hope this post gets me a premium membership and most importantly I hope this post helps everyone reading this!

Posted: July 22nd, 2005, 6:50 am

tault_ohadohad2
tault_ohadohad2's Reps:
this is too much time and hussle.
I rather just kill a few named and some regular mobs and get more then that while getting xp and usable loot.

Posted: July 22nd, 2005, 9:19 am

tault_japrater
tault_japrater's Reps:
some people will pay 10 silver for the oranges....guess they like making the trail mix

Posted: July 22nd, 2005, 2:09 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
If you were 2 boxing, you could easily bot this. Have one box buy any item you specify for a given price- have the other one selling- bout once an hour or so manualy (unless your really talented at writing a bot script, in which case you could macro the whole thing) run the buybot to the sales bot- restock the sales bot with items, and restock the buybot with coin. I'd also recomend, if you were going to do this for any period of time, to gradualy push the 'floor' higher. Also, you have to realize that, esp at certain times of day- when alot of people are coming online or getting ready to log, that your going to see many people undercutting you by a very narrow margin. You have to consider wether, esp. with the markup, if its worth bothering buying out the guy undercutting you for 1cp...

But I agree, if you have the coin to invest- its a much better strat than just undercutting everyone else- all that does is drive down everyones profits.

Posted: July 25th, 2005, 2:44 am

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
Clean this up a bit, maybe a few more examples, flesh it out to a full guide and I'd recomend it for prem access. Its a good strat, and not one you see played often. The usual strat is just undercutting, which as I pointed out is just bad for everyone. Imagine what you could do if you had more than one person involved...

Posted: July 25th, 2005, 3:29 am

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
He has already payed for prem access.
Moving to Confirmed Guides.

Posted: July 27th, 2005, 8:45 am

zaboron
zaboron's Reps:
Is there any buy bot, which buys certain item at a certain price? This would make this a lot easier.

Posted: July 27th, 2005, 8:59 am

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
There is one out there- been around for quite a while- but AFIK its not avalible here yet.

Posted: October 29th, 2005, 1:40 am

demonicfraggl
demonicfraggl's Reps:
basicly do the same with all rares, buy them all so nobody else can buy these to make what i am selling, that way I am the only one who can make the legendry item.
I do find this also works very well, it did take me actualy buying some 10platt online but in that i have gained an extra 30platt so I win :)

If u do tradeskill then go ahead buy the rares before anybody else does, then only u can be the one to provide.

Posted: June 1st, 2006, 6:51 am

dancinsteve
dancinsteve's Reps:
Ever since the broker was added, most buying and selling takes place at the broker's 20% markup (offline selling).

As a consequence, anyone trying to maintain a monopoly today risks LOSING money (paying 20% to broker to buy somebody's stuff a few copper cheaper than yours, then only making that few copper difference as 'profit' when you sell -- not enough to cover the broker fee you just spent).

Example:
You offer a stack direct at 100g. (120g if someone buys thru broker).
Other people start offering stuff only thru the broker, at prices ranging from 99g to 120g.
Which ones do you buy out? No problem buying those at 99g - you still make a profit. But you dont want to buy those from 100g to 119g. You would lose money.
So you end up with competion from offline sellers, available at broker from 100g to 119g.
Anyone who is too lazy to come to your room, will see those at the broker as cheaper than yours.
Result: you don't have a monopoly.
The only way to maintain your monopoly, is to buy up those offline sellers, taking a loss on each sale. GOOD LUCK!

If you are careful, you might make some money with rares by doing ONLINE selling at 10-15% above the typical lowest price sold thru broker, and buying any items that appear below that floor.

To clarify:
You sell direct (online) at 100g. (shows as 100+20==120g at broker).
You buy anything that appears on broker up to 82g(+16g40s)==98g40s.
You buy anything offered for direct sale cheaper than your 100g.

NOTE: you are leaving on the broker items costing 99g and above.

Note that you don't have a monopoly -- you just have the cheapest price for those willing to travel to your room, AFTER any OFFLINE sellers willing to make just 83g have sold thru broker for 83g(+16g60s)==99g60s.

You make 100g on items you harvest, and 1g60s on items dumped offline for 82g(+16g40s)==98g40s.

And anyone else selling online will quickly realize what you are doing, and match your price. Or sell a hair cheaper and let you buy them out, so they make a large profit quickly and you make a small profit slowly.

Bottom line: there is no foolproof way to have a profitable monopoly as long as most people are willing to pay the broker's markup rather than travel to inn rooms.

NOTE: This may all change after the June 16th 2006 update (or whenever the new trading system makes it into mainstream).

Posted: June 1st, 2006, 9:09 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
This guide has been outdated for awhile.
Moving to [i]Nerfed Info[/i] board.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online