taultunleashed logoEQ2: Money Making With Crafting (High Tser Only) : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 51 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
blue large dot

EQ2: Money Making With Crafting (High Tser Only) : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 2

Posted: May 5th, 2005, 10:20 am

tault_primarch
tault_primarch's Reps:
Negative, the original poster said he makes 6s per combine, which does equate to a little over 1g. It works exactly as described, as i have accumulated almost 1p in 2 days, and i havent even done it full time.

The guy selling the teak stuff claims you can get 15-20g per stack, and that was an add on, the OP said 6s, and you can make 6s all day long using his method.

Clay

Posted: May 5th, 2005, 11:55 am

tault_erichb1
tault_erichb1's Reps:
well if that is the case, u can make 6s off any level 3 crude combine, or for that matter any combine level 3 and above.

Posted: May 5th, 2005, 9:03 pm

tault_ftshark
tault_ftshark's Reps:
erichb1 you are not getting it at all. Back in February SOE nerfed the trade skills and no one could make money any more. In fact people were loosing money while crafting. Well a few weeks after that SOE announced that the cost of the fuel and raw would be added to the buy back price. SOE capped the buy back value of the raw to some ridiculous low value, like 25c for all tiers. Sometime between then and now SOE raised the buy back value of the raws and didn't tell anyone.

Now this is were the money making comes in:
SOE set the T5 raw buy back price at 6s59c (the highest buy back of all the teirs). Now since the market hasn't reached the buy back price yet you can make a profit. As of today the raws are becoming more and more limited and the prices are rising. You just make something using a T5 raw. The original poster suggested Fossil Temper, which is only a level 3 recipe and can use any tier stone/cluster and only requires a T1 fuel. This will yield a 6s69c buy back price; less out 4c for fuel and 6c for water and you have your 6s59c profit. Fossil Temper is the only low level recipe that I know of that can use T5 raws.

Now since bloodstones and Diatomite are scarce on my server (now that everyone is doing this) and I am a lvl 44 Alchemist, I have been buying up all the teak (typically cheaper then Ashen Roots) and have been making Golgi Resins. Yes it cost more for the fuel but the merchants pay you for it and in the end you still get the same buy back price for the raw.

Once the market adjusts and everyone starts selling their T5 raws for more than 6s59c the profit will be lost. So get on this while you can.

Last edited by Guest on May 5th, 2005, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: May 5th, 2005, 10:17 pm

tault_noname911
tault_noname911's Reps:
hmm the you can use T1 candle ? Because last i heard you can't use t1 candle for higher Tier candle. If that still working..is hella nice..

Because u can make pristine
4=17s
1=6s (crude)

Do your math.

And if the t1 candle not working. And there no profit in doing his method. Shoudl band him for faking it. I hate people get free !@#$%^&* if not working

Posted: May 5th, 2005, 11:01 pm

tault_ftshark
tault_ftshark's Reps:
fossil temper is a T1 recipe which only requires a regular candle. The catch is anyone can make this and you can use the T5 stones to make a profit if you buy it for less than 6s59c. You can make a profit off any tier stone if you buy it for less than the vendor buy back price, but T5 has the most.

The crude sell back for 6s69c but if you make pristine the buy back will be divided by 4. Therefore no mater what you make you will only get a total of 6s69c for selling the stuff back to the vendor.

However for the T5 recipe (example) I stated above (Gogli Resin) you will have to use T5 candles (Beeswax). Don't worry the profit is still there because the vendor will reimburse the extra expense for the fuel.

What is so difficult to understand?

Posted: May 9th, 2005, 8:53 pm

tault_trogdormajesty
tault_trogdormajesty's Reps:
I agree with the above poster on "Why is this so hard to understand?"

Ok...Fossil Temper is the only T1 recipe that can use a T5 harvest with T1 fuel. That's the trick. The in-game included buy-back price for ANY (most?) T5 harvests is 6s59c.

Recipe:
T1 candle = 4c
T1 liquid = 6c
T5 inorganic = whatever you pay on the broker or free if you harvest

Vendor sellback price of a crude fossil temper made with a T5 inorganic is 6s69c.

669 - 10 (for your candle/water) = 6s59c profit

So...if you harvest your own bloodstone/fulginate/diamondine your NET profit on a crude combine using T1 fuels is 6s59c.

If you make shaped instead of crude, the sellback price is HALF of 6s69c but you produce TWO tempers. (same profit* )

If you make regular intsead of crude or shaped, the sellback price is ONE THIRD of 6s69c but you produce THREE tempers. (same profit* )

If you make pristine the sellback price is ONE FOURTH of 6s59c but you produce FOUR tempers. (same profit* )

*NOTE: Mathematically, there is tiny (1-5copper) advantage to making shaped, regular, or pristine because of round-off...and your fuel cost being split across multiple items...BUT...

From a pure efficiency standpoint you're way better just making crudes the whole way.

You can make a crude in approximately 12seconds. That's 5 crudes per minute. That's 4 minutes per stack. 15 stacks per hour.

300 crudes in 1 hour yields 20.07gold GROSS profit

So your hourly NET profit with max efficiency is...

20.07g minus (300 times your 10c fuel cost) minus (whatever you paid for your harvests)

I hope I've explained everything clearly enough for some of you to grasp this incredibly simple topic. If not, I have some lake front property to sell you.

With lag or just a little wait time your per-combine speed will be slower than 12seconds. If you get 1 combine in 15s that's 4 combines per minute, 5minutes per stack, 12 stacks per hour which is 16.06gold per hour GROSS profit.

If your average raw price you pay is 1s your NET profit will be about 13.4g per hour.

If you pay 2s you can get approximately 11.02g per hour.

If you pay 3s you can get approximately 8.62g per hour.

If you average 2s per raw, you need to craft tempers for about 9.07hours a day to earn 1 plat a day.

That's about 2177 combines. The max you can do at one time is (your total slots divided by 3) minus 1 free slot which unless you have cedar boxes and the Huge collectors pouch, you are limited to 47 stacks at a time. That's 940 combines. You will have to craft more than 2 full inventory sets of tempers (assuming you're nearly max on bag space) to make your 1plat per day.

Jeez, are there any other random statistics I can throw in here to cloud the issue? Again, the OP posted truth...whether it's an exploit or a bug is debatable, but to say he's wrong or doesn't know what he's talking about or should be banned...well...maybe some of you should be thankful there's not an option to be banned for ignorance.

The part that could be considered an exploit or a bug is there should be no T1 recipe that uses T5 ingredients. There should be no level 3 crafter capable of making 6s69c gross profit per combine. That's entirely too much money for a level 3 crafter.

Beat this up while you can, expect it to be changed soon now that it's posted here.

tm

Posted: May 10th, 2005, 1:29 am

tault_ftshark
tault_ftshark's Reps:
Like I said before, the prices for all the tiers have changed. The prices for the raw buy back are as follows:

T1 - 11c
T2 - 41c
T3 - 1s 65c
T4 - 3s 30c
T5 - 6s 59c

It doesn't matter which recipe you use. But like Trogdormajesty said the exploit comes in when u can make T2, T3, T4, or T5 prices off of a T1 recipe. I'm sure they will nerf this soon. Not to mention, I can't find a single T5 stone or cluster under 5s anymore. Thank God I'm a T5 Alchie and I can buy up all the Teak or Ashen Roots and make crude WORTs for a good price, and get XP at the same time. It takes a little longer but the profit is still there.

Posted: May 14th, 2005, 10:08 am

tault_tbti
tault_tbti's Reps:
the day you guys find my money trick I am killing someone.

Posted: May 14th, 2005, 10:18 am

tault_tbti
tault_tbti's Reps:
nerfed, by the way :)

Posted: May 15th, 2005, 4:53 am

tault_ftshark
tault_ftshark's Reps:
tbti (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
nerfed, by the way :)

What are you talking about? Not nerfed, just did it. 6s69c buy back from making Fossil Temper.

Posted: May 15th, 2005, 5:51 am

tault_tbti
tault_tbti's Reps:
hum, I must've had something in my inventory from a lower tier :)

Posted: May 18th, 2005, 2:39 pm

tault_davuswho

Total Posts: 106
tault_davuswho's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Ok.. so we all know we make money from this..

Are there any other types of crafting to vendor sellbacks to make money on?

Posted: May 20th, 2005, 4:49 pm

tault_outkast1980
tault_outkast1980's Reps:
My first post here ever. My guild which will remain nameless. on a to be nameless server as well , has been doing the fulg trick for almost 2 and half months :)

here is out how works .

u buy the fulg which u never buy more then 2 silver a cluster. try for less

usually i get it for around 1 silver 19.

so then u buy the 6 copper candles which roucs out after a stack to like a few silver as well

then the candles u get at 12 copper something like that another 4 silver FOR THE STACK not for the one . tier 1 water, tier 1 candles here folks

so to make 1 u spent 6 copper candle 12 copper candle 1 19 on the fulg so roughly 1 silver and 50 copper rough estimate.

sells back for 6 69 if u use the cheap water, 6s 82 copper if u use the heavy water, so evens out in end.

that makes it a 5 silver per CLUSTER add. i make around 1 gold 30 silver back a stack. i make 40 stacks thats 40 GOLD. i can make up to 48 stacks when i have my 24 teak boxes on me crafting :)

simple as that. u can do that with the basic macro's very simple , make crude of course. saves space. can make more.

i dont count anything like this as exploit btw . any dev come to me or gm, i will say, fix the game you made, i didn;t make it that way. I am just making money in the real world.

if u could buy something at walmart and take it back to best buy for a profit ? would that be dumb ? or common sense!

premuim access

Posted: May 20th, 2005, 11:06 pm

tault_prowling1
tault_prowling1's Reps:
Ok maybe Im missing something. Fulginate is used for Xeolith tempers, which is a T5 combine. If Im not mistaken I thought they fixed the fuel bug where we can use any candle to make any tier product. Is that not the case? The T5 candle is not 12cp its more like 9sp.

Please help me see the light!!!

Posted: May 21st, 2005, 2:14 am

tault_bugger
tault_bugger's Reps:
Points up, read the thread...

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online