taultunleashed logoEQ2 Secrets: 10 gold in 10 minutes : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 23 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

EQ2 Secrets: 10 gold in 10 minutes : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info

Posted: October 3rd, 2005, 4:07 pm

foil_ball_boy
foil_ball_boy's Reps:
hey, i found an easy, repeatable quest that gives 10 goldish reward and takes approx 10 mins to complete.

requirements:
Desert of Flames
gotta be around level 50+ (to be able to do it and not die)

ok, this quest is not an exploit, but i can definatly see it being nerfed in the future. also if you have evac its faster, and if you have 2 evaccers its way better! =P

ok so heres how you do it:
in Maj'Dul there is a guy in the court of truth named Aquim (or something along those lines). he gives 3 quests. one of them is named "The Aftlerlife" choose that one. the quest will require you to go out to the sinking sands and kill anywhere from 3 - 9 undead type. if you dont get one to kill ghouls, delete the quest and get it again. do this till you get the one to kill ghouls. no head back out to the sinking sands and you will zone in right in front of the docks. head up north towards the beaches with the caimens. run past them and to your left, there will be a climable wall. now what?...you guessed it, you gotta climb it! =P ok once your at the top, there shold be a toxic cobra rock/camp thingy right in front of you. head north west...i think...till you go over a dune and there is a meteor looking rock with ghouls all over it. all of the ghouls are solo mobs. so just kill the number of ghouls you need. there is also a chance for the named to be up who drops a chest that can sell its items for 5 goldish (woo extra money) then there are the the looted coin and vendor crap drops from the ghouls. now, once you have all of your ghouls, run back to the docks and click the carpet to fly to maj'dul. [**note** if you are a class that can evac use it here, it shuold bring you to the docks] when you get into maj'dul, run back to aquim and turn in your quest. your money is like 3 gold and some silver. then he will let you choose between 3 items. choose the MIDDLE one i think they are gloves. those sell for the most which is 5 gold 93ish silver. so right off the bat you got 9 gold, then you got all the vendor crap you got from killing the ghouls. REMEMBER: sell the gloves to your hometown cuz they give you the best prices to sell at. the gloves are not lore. so now, get the quest again, and make sure its ghouls and start from the top. this quest takes me about 10mins to do and i got j-boots. if you have a horse or are an evacer or both, great, faster money for you =]

have fun farming before it gets nerfed =]

PS: i dont have time right now, but i'll see if i can make a little .gif animation or sumthin showin the route to aquim and the ghouls.

**EDIT** hey, also if i could get some feedback on this, that would be great

**EDIT2**
also, dont forget the vendor crap lewt that drops from the ghouls. thats why i said 10 gold, cuz i factor in that vendor loot and the coin loot. but yes, if you just have quested loot, it goes to about 9 gold, which is still nice =]

**EDIT3**
ok i have the .gif animation to get to aquim for those who dont know (i knows its crappy, its my first animation ive done =P )

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Guest on October 4th, 2005, 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: October 3rd, 2005, 11:11 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Well im not high enough level to try this, can anyone else?

Posted: October 4th, 2005, 8:19 am

apoc69
apoc69's Reps:
I've actually been looking for this guy. Is he actually inside the Court of Truth? Because I haven't been able to find him on the outside. Would the quest be available to level 45?

Posted: October 4th, 2005, 11:56 am

tault_eq_muse

Total Posts: 100
tault_eq_muse's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
He's outside the CoT building; as I recall, if you were facing the entrance, he'd be around the back/right.

I'll give it a run with a 50+ character later tonight.

Edit: Removed possible issue note -- as long as you can delete/re-get, not an issue. I'd expect this part of it (not the repeatability) to get nerfed. Maybe he'll become like the Grifters, with a 30 or 60 mins (whatever it is) timer.

Posted: October 4th, 2005, 12:49 pm

slinks
slinks's Reps:
I have been doing this quest since day 1 and I have made a ton of money off of it. I didnt know about the gloves being the most i just figured they were all the same and just clicked the top one. Thanks for that little tid bit. Regardless it will net you about 10 gold every 10-15 min if you pick the right quest. ghouls are the easiest as there is groups of 3 double down arow ghouls and you only need between 5-8 of them the number you need is kinda random. I really hope they dont nuke this any time soon cause it does net a ton of cash if done efficiently.

Posted: October 4th, 2005, 1:28 pm

tault_eq_muse

Total Posts: 100
tault_eq_muse's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Shimmering Gauntlets of Force: 5g, 63s, 20c
Quest Reward Coin: 3g, 30s (avg -- varies)

So nearly 9g.

As far as the cycle rate, it takes about 90 secs to get from the carpet landing to Aquim. Figure, over time, 60 seconds average to get a ghoul quest. Back out to the carpet, then to SS, then up to the undead area. Presuming you need to kill two groups of three (and they're up) ... I'd say your total cycle time, from the time you first click on Aquim, until he gives you the reward, is about 15 mins with a horse. If you have evac, a bit quicker, of course.

9g per run, per 15 mins = 36g/hr. Not shabby at L50.

Posted: October 4th, 2005, 8:00 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
yays or nays?

Posted: October 4th, 2005, 10:32 pm

apoc69
apoc69's Reps:
Yup, found aquim today. He would NOT offer me the repeatable quest at 44. I'll have to see at 45. However, he's willing to offer me one quest that I easily finsihed and the other one is level 59 quest...go figure..

Posted: October 4th, 2005, 10:46 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
I'd say yay, though i don't have proof that it works. eq_muse says it does.

Posted: October 5th, 2005, 5:46 am

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
yay

Posted: October 5th, 2005, 7:21 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
premium granted.

Posted: October 7th, 2005, 7:14 am

apoc69
apoc69's Reps:
Aquim will give the quest at 45.

Posted: October 8th, 2005, 6:42 am

kayerquano
kayerquano's Reps:
think its been nerfed, i cant find aquim nemore...

Posted: October 8th, 2005, 10:07 am

tault_davuswho

Total Posts: 106
tault_davuswho's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Yeah.. WTF?? I logged in today.. and No Aquim.
I'm on the oasis server. Man.. those rings he gave for +int for my illusionist were kinda nice too.

/me smacks SOE with a big trout

Posted: October 8th, 2005, 5:54 pm

foil_ball_boy
foil_ball_boy's Reps:
yeah, aquim is not there anymore, well i think SOE finally caught on to us

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online