taultunleashed logoEQ2: Sell back goods for $ : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 24 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

EQ2: Sell back goods for $ : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info

Posted: November 24th, 2004, 3:14 am

tault_smilie
tault_smilie's Reps:
My exploit involves selling back crafted goods to NPCs for a profit.

As a craftsman, when you make maple lumber, you get 2 Maple Scraps as a by product. Each of these scraps can be turned into 3 Turned Maple Lumber pieces in a simple combine and each of these sell for 1 silver each. So from one piece of raw maple and one tuber (for the stroma resin), you can get 6 silver and a piece of maple lumber. The lumber itself sells for 50c, so I have been selling that as well as holding on to a few stacks of the pristine stuff for making strong boxes and other furniture.

You can also use this Turned Maple Lumber to make totems which sell for 5 silver each. This is also an incredible return on investment but involves a more complicated combine with burlap. I have mostly been sticking with selling the Turned Maple Lumber since that is quite a bit faster.

I also use a trade skilling macro which I would be willing to submit if you are interested. I have not seen many macro programs that work with EQ2, but I have been using AC Tool handles all the basic scripting things. My macro checks the space where your crafting events happen - if it is not black, it presses the reaction keys. Pretty straightforward, but very effective on the simple combines. For harder combines where I need pristine items, I set my macro to press all 3 reactions each crafting cycle. This will drain your power after one combine but it is very effective at creating pristine items even on difficult recipes. My macro then checks to make sure my power is back to full before restarting the next recipe.

My day job is as a professional programmer (10 years experience) and I would be more than happy to help out with some other macro programs as needed.

Posted: November 24th, 2004, 1:24 pm

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
Nice to see some more programmers around here :wink:

Great job your in!

Posted: November 24th, 2004, 11:50 pm

tault_ir_redryder
tault_ir_redryder's Reps:
Sweet info.. works great for me! Dolla' Dolla'Bill Ya'll!

Posted: November 25th, 2004, 2:03 am

tault_punahou

Total Posts: 27
tault_punahou's Reps: 0
i think thye nerfed the profits on craft items in yesterdays patch, or so they say over at eq2vault. I am not a crafter, so I have no 1st hand exp of this.

Posted: November 25th, 2004, 3:32 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
I couldnt find any post saying they nerfed it at all.

Posted: November 25th, 2004, 5:20 am

tault_doggzj
tault_doggzj's Reps:
Selling today is the same profits as it were yesterday. Crafting Quests were reduced.

Posted: November 25th, 2004, 10:15 pm

tault_saragodlove
tault_saragodlove's Reps:
I would be really grateful if you would post a copy of the macro code that you use for tradeskilling....especially the part where it checks your power.

Thanks

Posted: November 26th, 2004, 7:01 am

tault_doggzj
tault_doggzj's Reps:
Sara- That's why cooking is godly, it doesn't use a lot of power. Check the macro forum, we have some pretty good macros already.

Posted: March 25th, 2005, 3:05 pm

tault_tjhusker
tault_tjhusker's Reps:
smilie (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

As a craftsman, when you make maple lumber, you get 2 Maple Scraps as a by product. Each of these scraps can be turned into 3 Turned Maple Lumber pieces in a simple combine and each of these sell for 1 silver each. So from one piece of raw maple and one tuber (for the stroma resin), you can get 6 silver and a piece of maple lumber. The lumber itself sells for 50c, so I have been selling that as well as holding on to a few stacks of the pristine stuff for making strong boxes and other furniture.

You can also use this Turned Maple Lumber to make totems which sell for 5 silver each. This is also an incredible return on investment but involves a more complicated combine with burlap. I have mostly been sticking with selling the Turned Maple Lumber since that is quite a bit faster.

I also use a trade skilling macro which I would be willing to submit if you are interested. I have not seen many macro programs that work with EQ2, but I have been using AC Tool handles all the basic scripting things. My macro checks the space where your crafting events happen - if it is not black, it presses the reaction keys. Pretty straightforward, but very effective on the simple combines. For harder combines where I need pristine items, I set my macro to press all 3 reactions each crafting cycle. This will drain your power after one combine but it is very effective at creating pristine items even on difficult recipes. My macro then checks to make sure my power is back to full before restarting the next recipe.

My day job is as a professional programmer (10 years experience) and I would be more than happy to help out with some other macro programs as needed.

Can you post the Macro, I would like to try it.

Posted: March 25th, 2005, 9:11 pm

tault_ftshark
tault_ftshark's Reps:
I'm sure the profit isn't there anymore. Can anyone confirm?

Posted: April 13th, 2005, 3:02 pm

tault_bozboorer
tault_bozboorer's Reps:
Nope, this was nerfed after the last big patch. They are no value now.

Posted: April 14th, 2005, 7:10 am

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
smilie (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

Posted: April 14th, 2005, 8:15 am

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
nazeroth (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

Yup that was what he said. :lol: Feel free to delete this post :-P I just had to post this to ride ya.

Posted: April 20th, 2005, 9:05 pm

tault_spartan139
tault_spartan139's Reps:
Still making a good income selling alchemist recipes back to NPC vendor. Normaly produce 400+ Golgi Washes/Resins/Oils during the night and sell to the vendor in the morning making 15 - 20G profit.

Confirmed this is still the case after last big patch.

Posted: April 20th, 2005, 9:05 pm

tault_spartan139
tault_spartan139's Reps:
Still making a good income selling alchemist recipes back to NPC vendor. Normaly produce 400+ Golgi Washes/Resins/Oils during the night and sell to the vendor in the morning making 15 - 20G profit.

Confirmed this is still the case after last big patch.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online