blue large dot

Make alot of Gold Guide : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info

Posted: December 3rd, 2004, 8:52 pm

tault_Broden

Total Posts: 2313
tault_Broden's Reps: 159
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
This one actual involves some work (which is actually a good thing as you don't have to worry about nerfs).

The provisioner sub-class is very self-reliant and also has an easy way to make a large profit. I'm fairly sure we are all aware of the Packets of Spice (buy components for 18cp, sells back for 25cp) as a way to macro-skill up to Artisan level 14 for "free." Well, once you are at that point, you now have several good money makers available to you.

This requires:
Fishing 40+ (higher fishing == more profit)
Craftsmanship Artisan level 14+ (once you get to 20+, it jumps a lot)

Outside of the cities, around the bridges and islands are large amounts of fish nodes. In Antonica there are 3 types of fish you'll be able to harvest, so just use your favorite macro program to harvest as many stacks of fish as you can get (or buy from broker if they are cheap).

1 packet of spice (18cp to make) + 1 coal (6cp) + 1 fish == 1s

So you spend 24cp and get 1s back == 76cp profit per combine. Additionally, they are really good exp (I've skilled up to 21 provisioner just macro'ing the different fish). Once you reach 20 and get to make the tier 3 fish products, you are looking at a profit of 4s per fish. The main reason this is useful is that there always seems to be a bountiful supply of fish everywhere.

This also works on tier 2 drinks (such as orange juice and coffee), but as those are harder to collect large stacks of a specific type, I've been focusing on fish. Both the fishing and crafting are easy to macro, and I've managed to save up 46 gold so far just by using this method.

***Important Note***
As with a lot of crafting recipes, the second stage (savory) is worth LESS than any other stages (including stage 1 {crude}). Because of this, if you don't think you'll be able to make it to tier 3 minimum, STOP as soon as you complete tier 1 of the crafting process otherwise you'll ruin your profit.

Posted: December 5th, 2004, 12:17 am

tault_doggzj
tault_doggzj's Reps:
Oh man, I'd just like to note

Tier 3 = 4sp
Tier 4 = 16sp
Tier 5 = 64sp

Yes, i'm not joking. I'm making some good cash here :)

Posted: December 5th, 2004, 4:49 am

tault_fenlow
tault_fenlow's Reps:
This is on the tier 2 fish in Antonica/Commonlands? If so I wasn't aware it sold for this much...

Posted: December 5th, 2004, 3:28 pm

tault_surray
tault_surray's Reps:
damn that sounds awesome, thanks a lot for the info. I'm happy I picked craftsman now and not outfitter. Still level 13 though, as soon as I'm 14 I'll go check this one out... a lot. heheh

Posted: December 6th, 2004, 1:41 am

tault_rider
tault_rider's Reps:
bleh i got scholar level 14 now though. You selling that stuff too workshopsaler?

Posted: December 6th, 2004, 2:20 am

tault_surray
tault_surray's Reps:
yeah the wholesaler buys the fish or crab or whatever for 1s each. Pretty good stuff, and good exp.

Posted: December 7th, 2004, 12:29 pm

tault_jgary321
tault_jgary321's Reps:
Sup guys. Just wanted to say thanks for the info. I read it a couple of days ago and have been making Mula Mula ever since. Its great especially combined with the crafting macro. Just wanted to say thanks to let you know someoen does appreciate you divulging the info you have gained. Cya guys.

Posted: December 8th, 2004, 3:44 pm

tault_doggzj
tault_doggzj's Reps:
On another note, Alchs can do the exact same thing, so if that's your thing, you can go be an alch and make it rich.

Posted: December 10th, 2004, 4:57 am

tault_jgary321
tault_jgary321's Reps:
They nerfed this as of Dec 09. All player crafted items now sell for nothing temporarily. This sucks. I was making good money to :( they said city merchants will not buy until they fix the pricing.

Posted: December 11th, 2004, 10:27 am

tault_grakun
tault_grakun's Reps:
Player crafted items can be sold again with today's patch, although the prices were changed. Does this still show any profits?

Posted: December 11th, 2004, 12:14 pm

tault_glenny1

Total Posts: 152
tault_glenny1's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
provisioner items are about 90% less what they used to be, tier 3 items sell for 30 copper

Posted: December 11th, 2004, 2:04 pm

tault_doggzj
tault_doggzj's Reps:
Yay, good job SoE for destroying their player economy!

Posted: January 1st, 2005, 2:16 am

tault_fizzbane
tault_fizzbane's Reps:
Are there any TS items now that you can create that you will not loose your shirt when you sell to vendor now? Any general things we can use to macro to help out art skill?

Thanks

Posted: January 3rd, 2005, 1:15 am

tault_funklord
tault_funklord's Reps:
how does this work for alch's and what recipe is it?

Posted: January 4th, 2005, 4:43 am

tault_basss001
tault_basss001's Reps:
I currently craft Cailun Paper.

1 maple or tuber (purchase or harvest)
1 stroma wash (purchase 24c)
1 incense (purchase 6c)

Sells for 1s at merchant.

As long as the puchase price of the maple or tuber is less than 60c. You make some good cash. I have all 10 slot bags; load up; macro up; go to work... Bam when I return around 3 gold profit...... WHILE AT WORK!

(just make sure you do this with your non play toon and not too close to server break. It sucks wanting to do something else with an inventory full of your basic components!)

Cailun is a level 10 scholar type. Use the book exploit to get this on your outfitter or craftsman.

This is also good for some xp through level 20.

If anyone can beat this one.... IE EFFORT vs. Payout Let me know!

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online