taultunleashed logoSniper Harvesting [Nerfed] : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 7 posts ] 
blue large dot

Sniper Harvesting [Nerfed] : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info

Posted: December 13th, 2004, 10:25 pm

tault_doctorprybar
tault_doctorprybar's Reps:
I'm sure most of you may have been aware of the bug which allowed you to target a resource and harvest it from anywhere in the zone, as long as you could target it. This was nerfed as many of you know.

However, this bug is still sort of active. It requires 2 of the same type of resource being farmed. Walk up to the first resource (yes you actually have to be close to it as if you were normally harvesting the node) click it and begin mining. BEFORE you finish mining that resource click/tab to/target the second resource that is FAR away (say for instance 50 paces away but in the middle of several orange skeleton troopers). You will harvest from that second node and not the one you originally began to harvest from. Not as good as the original bug (where you could harvest like crazy and not have to run around to each resource), however, it may come in handy for you especially if there are many resources in the middle of some KOS mobs.

Posted: April 6th, 2005, 12:55 am

tault_eq_muse

Total Posts: 100
tault_eq_muse's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Doesn't work anymore -- at least for me; anyone confirm it still works for them? And if so, what tiers/zones! ;)

Posted: April 6th, 2005, 1:55 am

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
doctorprybar you murdered donnie darko's face! :evil:

Posted: April 6th, 2005, 12:36 pm

tault_epyon672
tault_epyon672's Reps:
Where have you been lol. That sig has been around for like 2 months about?

Posted: April 6th, 2005, 9:27 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
I tested when the poster first posted, and again yesterday- neither then nor now did it work for me. I have in the past been able to switch nodes midstream (ie. I start harvesting a node I don't care about just to clear it out, then notice a node I'm actualy looking for nearby), but never, since beta, have I been able to sucessfuly switch to a node out of range.

I suspect that the posted may have underestimated the harvesting range on the node they were after. In my experience, the harvesting range has always been bigger than one might expect. They did shrink it a bit at some point, but even now I can usualy harvest a node out from under a KOS mob as long as there are no other mobs between it and me, and Im careful about inching up to it. Some zones are worse than others- in TS, on the default graphics settings, if you can see it, you can harvest it. (default on my 'barely good enough to play EQ2' system, anyhow).

Posted: April 7th, 2005, 8:32 am

tault_doctorprybar
tault_doctorprybar's Reps:
when i originally posted this back in december, this exploit worked. However, within a 2 week period it was fixed. I had posted a few days after the patch that fixed the original sniper harvesting exploit where you did not have to switch targets midstream. The only reason i can assume it did not work for you is that you were not targetting the same type of node when you switched. If you target a mining node for the second node the original node you had targetted was a foresting node... it will not work. Both the original node and the secondary node had to be of the same type.

Posted: April 7th, 2005, 8:04 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
Actualy, I did try harvesting the same node type, with no sucess. Moot now, however, so /shrug

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online