blue large dot

Welcome to Qeynos Quest : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info

Posted: November 15th, 2004, 9:50 am

tault_Broden

Total Posts: 2313
tault_Broden's Reps: 159
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
o you've hit the shores of Qeynos, and guess what? You're still a refugee! But no worries, this tutorial will walk you through, step by step, what it takes to become a citizen in the supposedly glorious city of Qeynos. Why do I say "supposedly" glorious? If you're like me, you'll find the vast majority of the people overbearingly friendly to the point of driving you insane. I guess for this reason, my main character resides in Freeport.

Once inside the Inn, you will be greeted by quite possibly the most frustrating MMOG character ever to curse a computer screen. The doltish Innkeeper of Qeynos. Luckily, and unluckily.....you have no reason to speak to him at this point. His main purpose at this point in the game is merely to sell you poorly made furniture for your new room. However, if being a pushy furniture salesman isn't enough, the guy has a serious addiction to sweets. I'm not talking about heading out to the local Qeynos 7-11 to pick up a Peanut Butter Cup, this guy needs to be institutionalized. Apparently his wife is no longer around and he desires nothing more than some sweets which he shouts about incessantly, NON STOP. Hey, I dig on sweets.......but this guy's irritating voice combined with the fact he continuously screams he "needs him some crunchies" (apparently a synonym for sweets in Qeynos) can literally drive one straight back on the boat to Freeport, or if permitted straight over the counter with sword drawn. I promised myself, as soon as I acquired Qeynosian citizenship the first quest I would complete would be for the Innkeeper and locate some damn "crunchies" for him.......just to shut the fool up.

When you first hit the docks, peer down towards the entrance and you'll see your local Steward. There are various outskirt neighborhoods in Qeynos, and not all refugees land at the same point, however the tasks remain the same. Therefore, each person may land in a different area.....and therefore have a different Steward. This being the case strike up a conversation with your local Steward. He'll inform you that the local welcoming committee has secured a "home" for you at the inn just around the corner. Thank him kindly, pull up your map and head off to the inn.

Once inside the Inn, you will be greeted by quite possibly the most frustrating MMOG character ever to curse a computer screen. The doltish Innkeeper of Qeynos. Luckily, and unluckily.....you have no reason to speak to him at this point. His main purpose at this point in the game is merely to sell you poorly made furniture for your new room. However, if being a pushy furniture salesman isn't enough, the guy has a serious addiction to sweets. I'm not talking about heading out to the local Qeynos 7-11 to pick up a Peanut Butter Cup, this guy needs to be institutionalized. Apparently his wife is no longer around and he desires nothing more than some sweets which he shouts about incessantly, NON STOP.

Hey, I dig on sweets.......but this guy's irritating voice combined with the fact he continuously screams he "needs him some crunchies" (apparently a synonym for sweets in Qeynos) can literally drive one straight back on the boat to Freeport, or if permitted straight over the counter with sword drawn. I promised myself, as soon as I acquired Qeynosian citizenship the first quest I would complete would be for the Innkeeper and locate some damn "crunchies" for him.......just to shut the fool up.

Ok at this point I'm off on a major tangent, let me steer back towards the purpose of this tutorial....citizenship.....not that man's damn crunchies. Inside the inn there is a large door, which leads to your room. Double click it to "purchase" your room (it's free no worries). Then double click it to head inside.

Your New Home and Surroundings
Once inside you'll meet Caretaker Fairlee, another Qeynos citizen with an annoying voice but I'm just leave it at that. The Carekeeper welcomes you to the area, and kindly gives you a new table for your meager home. After accepting the kind gift, right click it in your inventory and place it somewhere in your room. This is just one of many pieces of furniture you will come to own as you decorate your home.....many of them gifts from the Caretaker.

After the initial pleasantries are out of the way, the Caretaker requests you head to the local bank to announce your arrival in Qeynos. Head back outside , luckily enough, the Banker is actually in the same building as your inn room. He's the Smurfy blue Erudite fellow next to the Innkeeper. He'll ask you your occupation, "Artisan" or "Adventurer". If you are the creative type, and wish to fashion tools, weapons, armor and clothing go with artisan. If your idea of fun is slaying huge dragons and killing other notorious creatures for notoriety and profit.....go with adventurer.

Immediately after speaking with the Banker, head back into your room and speak with the Caretaker again. Being the overly kind person she is, she grants you yet another gift. A subpar painting to hang on your wall……how sweet. Accept the art quickly, and throw it on the wall so you can move onto bigger and better things.

Speak to the Caretaker again. She'll question you about your line of work, and how you are going to make money. She'll tell you of an area called "Peat Bog", where other refugees earn coin by slaughtering persky vermin. The Caretaker asks you to travel to the gates of Peat Bog, once there, your light path will lead you off to another direction, towards the grate leading to the underground catacombs of Qeynos. Follow the path, and once there double click the grate to be transported into the Catacombs. Once inside, click the grate again to go back above ground.

Now it’s time to continue the city tour, on this ever expanding quest. Yet another small expedition is added. You are now required to travel to the gates of the actual city of Qeynos. Keep in mind, at this point in time you are still living in the outskirts of Qeynos, not the city proper. This is due to your ongoing refugee status. Follow the lighted path to the gate, and then after viewing it, your path will change yet again leading you back to the Inn. Head back to the Inn and enter your room. Once inside, strike up another conversation with the Caretaker.

Sure enough, when you speak with the Caretaker the design challenged woman pulls out yet another “giftâ€

Posted: May 18th, 2006, 6:11 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Old useless info, moving to Nerfed Info Board.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online