taultunleashed logoBroker bot?? : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 21 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Broker bot?? : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: February 19th, 2005, 2:58 am

vette27
vette27's Reps:
I heard that there are bots for the broker, where you can set a max to buy a resourse at, and when its listed it buys it. Anyone know of one, is there one here?

Posted: February 19th, 2005, 3:58 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
No, but it sounds like a neat idea. I'll have to add it to the EQ2Service.

Posted: February 19th, 2005, 9:54 am

rarespawn01
rarespawn01's Reps:
Oh that is a good idea!

Posted: February 19th, 2005, 11:57 am

eqguru
eqguru's Reps:
good idea...

I had also thought of a bot that would read the broker prices and xfer the data to a web server, so you could have a web page to query the broker... kinda ambitious, but it could be done!

Posted: February 19th, 2005, 2:37 pm

vette27
vette27's Reps:
Well it was a good idea, but now I don't think I would use it. As an alch I am now retired since they took away my ability to make an money. If anyone finds a way that an alch can still make money let me know.

Retired 50 Alch

Posted: February 19th, 2005, 3:24 pm

eqguru
eqguru's Reps:
here's a novel thought... sell to other players? people still buy wrot and inks. most folks don't care to spend the time to make it themselves.

Posted: February 20th, 2005, 11:36 am

stefan17
stefan17's Reps:
i'm a 44 alch and i've set up a permanent merchant mode trader on another account to do just that, try to sell to players. I'm on the Najena server, and am selling wor's for 12s/each and tempers for 5s/each. Lowest on the broker by far. That gets me about 2s per combine... And you know how much I sell? nothing.

Posted: February 20th, 2005, 1:28 pm

vette27
vette27's Reps:
I have always sold to others.

Problem is that people can make the worts for same price I can. I had them up for very little profit and they aren't selling. I have a second account that sits in merchant mode all day, but cancelled it cuz it isn't worth payint $15 a month for worts to sit there for 4 days.

Also, as far as inks, you can't really make pristine ink using a macro and no one buys the non pristine ones. I used to make them, sell the non-pristines to vendor, can't do that now.

Posted: February 20th, 2005, 5:57 pm

tazman076

Total Posts: 169
tazman076's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
yea not many are going to buy sub components for what it costs to make or more. since they get xp off of making them themselves as well. it pretty much sucks. they sure did !@#$%^&* up the system. but odn't worry they'll throw together a bandaid and rush it in without thinking about it and !@#$%^&* something else up instead.

It is SoE

Posted: February 21st, 2005, 11:41 am

eqguru
eqguru's Reps:
I don't know, I was raking in coin hand over fist this weekend.

I was selling inks for 2-3x what I was pre-patch. And WORTs too. Granted people were trying to level up like mad due to the bonus exp. But even so, most people DO value thier time more than money.

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Problem is that people can make the worts for same price I can.

Thats simply not true. It costs them at least 2x the fuel cost. You might not be able to make 500% profit any more, but especially at higher tiers since it costs 2x the fuel to make cross-class combines, you at least stand to make that much in profit. I'd guess a reasonable mark-up over that for time as well. Since they'd have to level up the skills to even get a reasonable return rate on the combines as well.

The system isn't perfect, but for the long-term health of the game, the changes were needed. It'll take a little while for the prices to shake out, but once they do, things will be fine :)

Posted: February 21st, 2005, 12:01 pm

llew22

Total Posts: 47
llew22's Reps: 3
Well, now that everyone made their own personal alchemist, I don't see alchemists making a lot of money selling to other players.

Posted: February 21st, 2005, 10:14 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
With the latest NERF, there is no need for an alchemist anymore since ANYBODY can make all of their WORTS/inks.

Posted: February 22nd, 2005, 1:58 pm

llew22

Total Posts: 47
llew22's Reps: 3
I wouldn't say that there's no need for them. I'd say that their usefulness is back in line with other tradeskill classes. They still have potions, poisons, and fighter abilities, which is still better income potential than say, weapons.

Before, you pretty much couldn't craft without buying something from an alchemist.

Posted: February 22nd, 2005, 2:01 pm

eqguru
eqguru's Reps:
Well, I was partially wrong, refine recipies aren't 2x the fuel, however interims are.

So since inks are 2 interim stages, ink for a non-alchemist would cost 2x the fuel.

Also, I forsee potions and poisons getting some lovin soon. Pesonally I use potions myself, and they make a pretty significant difference.

(Edit: bah! not 4x the fuel... but its still 2x. for inks)

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 1:08 pm

metaloxide
metaloxide's Reps:
I know the topic was about a Broker bot monitoring the broker but what about a possible merchant bot. A bot that would log you in after the Daily update/reboot they do. I tried making something to relog me in after 9 or 10am, but I end up outside the room. Sometimes I'll end up back in the room. Once im in the room, pointing myself to merchant bord seems to be a pain too but oh well.. Anyone working on this?

Metaloxide

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online