taultunleashed logoDevistation Fist on Named mobs : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

Devistation Fist on Named mobs : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: January 3rd, 2008, 11:12 pm

rarespawn01
rarespawn01's Reps:
Well normally when you are a monk or bruiser and you try to use deviation fist on a named Heroic mob, it will "use" devistation fist, but not actually hit the mob and it will say something like "You cannot use this skill on this mob type".

Well there is a way around that my friends, I have gotten devistaion fist hits up to 125k. Simply use the standard assist function built into EQ2. Yep that's right, have someone else target the mob, then you don't get the message and BAM 25% of the named health is gone and suddenly you look like the king / queen on the dps parser =D

Not sure if this is the way its supposed to be or not, but I assume its an exploit due to the fact that when you have the mob targeted yourself it gives you the message, but when assisting it doesn't. At any rate, it was good for a post =)

Posted: January 4th, 2008, 11:22 am

newbsnacks
newbsnacks's Reps:
Hmm, they patched that Devastation Fist could be used on named/epics around GU 39 or so I believe. I've used it when soloing without and problem on named, and even in the description it tells you how much damage it will do to heroics and epics.

Nay here. This is a feature working as intended, and I love it lol.

Posted: January 4th, 2008, 2:51 pm

rarespawn01
rarespawn01's Reps:
Yes they patched devistation fist to work on heorics and epics and it is great. However, even reading the description is says it may not work on "special" or named mobs. Try to use it on a named mob without assisting someone you will see =)

Posted: January 5th, 2008, 8:03 pm

newbsnacks
newbsnacks's Reps:
It works for me on nameds np as I am usually tanking with my Monk and not assisting anyone. Cant say the same for raids where I am using a MA and not tanking, but next time I plan on using it I will target the epic directly and see.

Posted: January 6th, 2008, 8:20 am

rarespawn01
rarespawn01's Reps:
Epics is always the same dmg, no change there. The named on RoK like CoA, vaults you will get a message if you are not assisting someone. At least it does to me. Devistation Fisting mobs for over 100k dmg is always nice =)

Posted: January 29th, 2008, 4:11 am

rarespawn01
rarespawn01's Reps:
Turns out that not being able to hit named mobs with devistation fist is a bug that is going to be fixed in the next patch.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online