taultunleashed logoDon't feel like paying the extra 10 bucks for 4 extra slots? : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 12 posts ] 
blue large dot

Don't feel like paying the extra 10 bucks for 4 extra slots? : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: February 17th, 2007, 2:48 pm

dragonid

Total Posts: 38
dragonid's Reps: 0
Not sure if this has been posted before but discovered it the other day on my own.... sort of an exploit, but more of a manipulation of access.

Everone knows the credit card exploit where you can use a no longer active credit card to get free play time... however, lately its been harder to do that (I've found that I need no longer active two credit cards to make it work now which I don't have) so if you don't want to go through the hassle of playing credit card fraud and on top of that pay the 25 dollars EVERY month for 4 extra slots heres how to get around that.

All you need to do is register for the station pass in order to get the four extra slots one month, create four characters, then cancel that station pass and go back to the regular 15 dollar 6 character subscription.

When you are at character select, you will notice that you only see 6 of the toons... the other four that are on the account aren't listed and you might think they are gone or unobtainable... but here is how to access them. Say you have 10 characters

These following 6 are on the character select screen after you switch back to the 14 dollar 6 slot plan:
1)Bob
2)Ed
3)George
4)Fred
5)Larry
6)Frank

The next 4 that you have on your account you don't see because they were taken off from the character select... thus supposed no access.
7)Nancy
8)Janet
9)Barb
10)Francis

Now say you wish to play Nancy but you can't select her to play because she is hidden and is only supposed to be playable if you have the station pass for the 10 character slots... here is what you do

1) Log in any of your 6 available toons... for example Fred
2) type /camp Nancy

easy as that, Fred will camp out and Nancy will zone in now you have access to one of your hidden characters!!!

Enjoy!

Posted: February 17th, 2007, 5:58 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: February 18th, 2007, 11:19 am

merald
merald's Reps:
you'll need some time to confirm it though.

Posted: February 18th, 2007, 8:11 pm

kasar99

Total Posts: 8
kasar99's Reps: 0
premium
merald (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
you'll need some time to confirm it though.

It used to work cleanly that way. With their new character select screen with this last expansion, cancelling the station access account tries to make four unusable.

When I did it, I lost access to one of the mains on the account, so I'm paying the extra again.

Posted: February 19th, 2007, 6:40 am

dragonid

Total Posts: 38
dragonid's Reps: 0
Still works for me though, you might not see your main on the character select screen, so just log in one of your other toons and then type "/camp "mainname"" and the main will log in

Posted: March 28th, 2007, 4:23 pm

kenbee11

Total Posts: 46
kenbee11's Reps: 0
just hope you dont have a two characters with the same name like i do; it will only log into the one made first lol

Posted: April 3rd, 2007, 9:28 am

hakandslash
hakandslash's Reps:
for that just type /camp <servername>.Name :wink:

Posted: July 22nd, 2007, 12:52 am

rone03
rone03's Reps:
Yay it works but if you delete any of your characters you cant make another one.

Posted: July 22nd, 2007, 1:04 pm

castaheal
castaheal's Reps:
Well, I tried it today and it did not work. Course, it could be me, but I doubt it.

Posted: July 23rd, 2007, 6:57 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
1 yays 1 more to move to confirmed
1 nays 2 more to lock this topic

Posted: August 5th, 2007, 12:31 am

dechesirekat
dechesirekat's Reps:
This is definately a yay, I've been doing this on two accounts for 2 years now. If you forget the toon's names they show up on the launchpad list and eq2players, but not the drop down menu. /camp <charname> works fine.

Posted: August 5th, 2007, 12:33 am

dechesirekat
dechesirekat's Reps:
Also, quick note... you do not have to go back to station in order to delete a toon, just camp them... log to char select then delte them. you should now be able to "create character" just mke sure you create them right then, or another character will bump to char select next time you log them.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online