taultunleashed logoEQ2 and IRC? : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 7 posts ] 
blue large dot

EQ2 and IRC? : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: February 1st, 2005, 7:19 pm

bukholt
bukholt's Reps:
I played on the free EQ1 servers for some time, its not EQ but someone who has build his own server using the EQ software, you can then log on using his server instead of the official servers.

The server i played on had a great service, they made it possible to connect EQ to IRC, which meant you could logon and follow guild and tell chat on IRC even if you were not loged in.

Really dont know how they do the stuff they do, but is it at all possible on live servers, in this case EQ2?

Polly not, had to ask, i miss it so much hehe

Posted: February 2nd, 2005, 10:23 am

myriele
myriele's Reps:
If the providers will implement a irc server or send all chatinfo to a irc it will be possible, but....
On Liveservers there are not 5 or 6 Guilds, there are over 100 of them. The Chat will become unreadable cause of over 100 posts per second

Posted: February 2nd, 2005, 2:55 pm

bukholt
bukholt's Reps:
thanks was just wondering :P

Posted: February 7th, 2005, 4:00 am

blueknight

Total Posts: 136
blueknight's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
What would be nice would be some way to tie into EQ2 with a IRC bot. Anarchy Online had something like that where you could have a bot monitoring your guild chat channel and it would provide intelegent responces to commands. I miss that sorely in EQ2. Imagin not being limited to the character limit in the current MOTD interface. Or being able to ask the bot whereis XYZmob and having it respond with zone and loc. That was done in AO.

If it operates under a guilded character name (guildbot for instance) then it would only be receiving the chat from the guild channel as it would not be in any zone so there would not be any other chat being received.

The hooks are in place. you can chat with your guild using a advanced feature that can be purchased. The question is, is there a way to get to it without going through the sony web site.

Posted: February 7th, 2005, 11:15 pm

darkfire5252
darkfire5252's Reps:
Well, I was working on a VBScript IRC module a while back, i stopped doing it because there was no interest, but if there is, i'll finish it, and then anyone could use IRC in a VBScript

Posted: February 8th, 2005, 1:16 am

blueknight

Total Posts: 136
blueknight's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I would be interested. I think SOE will find a way to block it if guild bots start showing up though. Only because it will increase the load on their servers. But who knows. It will be nice to try.

Posted: February 8th, 2005, 9:19 am

myriele
myriele's Reps:
EQ2:
Its only one thing to do for reading: Activate the logfile by /log ingame and read out and send the file to IRC Chat. Only a bit difficult is to send back some text to EQ2.

DAoC:
You will need the Realtime Chat Logger (wait until XU RC14) and then the same as EQ2

Other Programs:
See EQ2 and if there is no livechatlog see daoc *G*

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online