taultunleashed logoEQ2 Crafter Macro List, Workshop : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 11 posts ] 
blue large dot

EQ2 Crafter Macro List, Workshop : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: November 24th, 2004, 1:13 pm

tault_doggzj
tault_doggzj's Reps:
I'd like to start a list of thing that would make crafting more automated, quicker, safer, ext. We have a pretty good start already, and you crafters should be near the highest level crafters on you servers. But we can do more, that is what I want this thread for. Programers, Testers, people with ideas, here's your place. These ideas don't have to be difficult, they don't have to be simple. But just this one macro would make EQ2 Tault really complete.

I'll be glad to be a tester and a tweaker, I don't have the knowledge to program any of this.

Here's a List of things that I have thought of so far that would could be "add ons" to a basic macro.

- Code to sell to merchant. Some items don't stack so it makes it very very hard to macro them with effiecently

- Code to move/select different machines. All crafting instances are the same. Code that could move from one machine to another so a multi-step item could be completed.

- Code to buy from the broker. There is a large enough broker system now that it's possible to buy some items from the broker and make it more effiecient then going out and gathering yourself. Allow the user to put a max price to buy an item.

Posted: November 27th, 2004, 8:59 am

tault_rdoar
tault_rdoar's Reps:
And I'd like a toilet seat made of solid gold.

Posted: November 27th, 2004, 2:03 pm

tault_doggzj
tault_doggzj's Reps:
Hey buddy, You're in the wrong thread. I'm almost done with part of this. I'm glad to see you're so helpful... pfff

Edit - When I get !@#$%^&* like that it makes me not want to post my !@#$%^&*, I'm not getting anything for helping you.

Posted: November 29th, 2004, 7:57 am

tault_nuad
tault_nuad's Reps:
For Pathing create a Textfile which contains Loc's which the Char should use (a Pathing File), use
(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
/log on
and
(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
/loc
in your Macro, let your Macro read the Content of the Log, compare it with the Pathing File, react and whoops... you can walk anywhere. :)

Posted: November 29th, 2004, 12:32 pm

tault_doggzj
tault_doggzj's Reps:
not sure i understand that.

Posted: November 29th, 2004, 4:29 pm

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
Nuad what planet does that work on lol :)

No macro programs can parse EQ2 memory offsets to move to locations yet.

Posted: November 29th, 2004, 6:13 pm

tault_nuad
tault_nuad's Reps:
pickled (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Nuad what planet does that work on lol :)

No macro programs can parse EQ2 memory offsets to move to locations yet.

I was talking about the /log function of EQ2 which produces a file:

<path>\Sony\EverQuest II\logs\<servername>\eq2log_<charname>.txt

A typical entry there when you type /loc ingame is:

(1101632522)[Sun Nov 28 10:02:02 2004] Your Position is 760,58, -17,43, -165,73. Your Heading is 265,12, 0,00, 0,00

There is everything you need. Create a pathing file which contains all Locs the Char must walk thru, monitor the log file of EQ2 and compare the informations.

Posted: November 29th, 2004, 9:24 pm

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
Ummm :)

That is all very well and easy to do.

But the information is completely USELESS without a somesort of memory hack offset that allows you to parse and /face the loc's.

Therefore it's sort of pointless information, unless you can show us how you could actually MOVE to these locs with a program.

What good is logging that information if you cannot act on the data??

Posted: November 29th, 2004, 10:31 pm

tault_nuad
tault_nuad's Reps:
You sound like a former Macroquest user...

Use the arrow keys to turn your char to the right direction but don't try to compare the heading loc 100%, build in a tolerance, otherwise your char will turn around and back like mad, which actually looks very funny but makes your function pretty useless. ;)

Posted: November 29th, 2004, 10:59 pm

tault_smilie
tault_smilie's Reps:
That could work I think...

Say you want to go to loc x1, y1, z1 and your current location is x2, y2, z3. Then you should be able to figure out what your heading should be. Is it as simple as setting the heading to x1 - x2, y1 - y2, z1 - z3 ? Then just move forward a bit - and recalibrate. Like Naud said, you'd have to build in a tolerance because you'd never get it perfect.

Its not going to be fast - parsing through the log file, resetting your heading, inching forward a bit and then doing it all again.

Posted: December 1st, 2004, 12:03 am

tault_elsimer
tault_elsimer's Reps:
smilie (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
That could work I think...

Say you want to go to loc x1, y1, z1 and your current location is x2, y2, z3. Then you should be able to figure out what your heading should be. Is it as simple as setting the heading to x1 - x2, y1 - y2, z1 - z3 ? Then just move forward a bit - and recalibrate. Like Naud said, you'd have to build in a tolerance because you'd never get it perfect.

Its not going to be fast - parsing through the log file, resetting your heading, inching forward a bit and then doing it all again.

There is an alternate way to do this, but I'm not sure if it would be faster or no. If you highlight the compass in-game you'll get your location and heading. Check that image using AC Tool, correct your heading, move for a specified amount of time.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online