newtopic  postreply
 [ 10 posts ] 
blue large dot

eq2crafter timing off : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: January 18th, 2005, 12:03 pm

rfrox99

Total Posts: 13
rfrox99's Reps: 0
First off, thanks for the AMD fix Wyv! Now that I can use the plugin, the timing on using buffs is off. It only does buffs every other tick, and whats worse is it's about a second longer then every other tick, so it will oftem spam buffs just as the tick is ending which causes it to miss reacting to events. I havn't seen anyone posting about this issue, so I'm wondering if it's just me, or if it's a known issue. Other then the timing issue on spamming buffs, it seems to be working great.

Posted: January 18th, 2005, 4:37 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Probably a known issue.

Later I'll add in a delay that people can customize themselves.

Posted: January 18th, 2005, 6:03 pm

rfrox99

I've read some posts with people saying that it's working perfect for them and reacts correctly to events most or all of the time, and haven't seen any recent posts about it spamming every other tick. Could it be that it was working with an older version, and the timeing is off on 2.3 but no ones posting about it?

Posted: January 18th, 2005, 9:14 pm

boggar4
boggar4's Reps:
I can confirm what rfrox99 is describing. If you do not select any spam counters, it catches every event. If you select just one counter, then you will notice the timing being just a tad off. If you select 2 or 3 counters, it will miss quite a few events. In the case where it queues up a counter right before an event, and the event doesn't match the counter, it will miss it. Not a big problem unless you are at the forge, and the event is a major one.

One way I have found to deal with this is to stop/start the crafter every so often. And on simple combines, I simply select no, or only one counter.

I wonder if there is a variable timer applied to the crafting cycle. I remember seeing this while using a dumb macro tool. Just mashing the keys at set intervals would get out of sync eventually. More than likely it is caused by lag, where the timer on the client gets out of sync with the server timer and has to "reset". If this is true, then fine tuning the timer won't completely fix the problem.

Wyvernx, does the crafter reset its timer after an event is countered?

And THANKS again for this work of art !!! <- can't be said enough

Posted: January 18th, 2005, 9:29 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
This is how I am currently doing my buffs.

I have a 5 second timer that is always running.

If it detects a failure, it resets the timer and sends out the counter buff as well as ones you want spammed.

If it does not detect a counter buff within 5 seconds, it will send the spam buffs out.

Posted: January 18th, 2005, 9:36 pm

boggar4
boggar4's Reps:
I should have known better :oops: The adjustible timer approach should help then.

Thanks again

Posted: January 20th, 2005, 8:08 am

samp76

Total Posts: 57
samp76's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
wyvernx";p="53154 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
This is how I am currently doing my buffs.

I have a 5 second timer that is always running.

If it detects a failure, it resets the timer and sends out the counter buff as well as ones you want spammed.

If it does not detect a counter buff within 5 seconds, it will send the spam buffs out.

What about using a pixel checker on the top status bar. When it detects that it changes, start the buff cycle. That would also get away from timing getting off somehow.

Posted: January 20th, 2005, 10:35 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
What top status bar?

Got a screenshot ya can show me what you are talking about?

Posted: January 20th, 2005, 3:49 pm

rfrox99

I think samp76 is reffuring to the progress bar on the crafting window. If there's a way to check and know every time a crafting tick goes off, I think that would be the ultimate way to know when to check for events, then spam buffs. I'm very new to xunleashed, and I'm curious to know how you're checking for completed items, and how you know what quality was created.

Posted: January 21st, 2005, 6:29 am

samp76

Total Posts: 57
samp76's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
rfrox99";p="53240 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I think samp76 is reffuring to the progress bar on the crafting window. If there's a way to check and know every time a crafting tick goes off, I think that would be the ultimate way to know when to check for events, then spam buffs. I'm very new to xunleashed, and I'm curious to know how you're checking for completed items, and how you know what quality was created.

That is to what I am referring too. The progress does not allways move though. I was watching it last night while crafting. but one of the 2 bars do always change one way or the other. I forgot when I got home from school to post a SS of what I was talking about. But picture your crafting screen(the one with the 4 tiers on it that shows progress) Right above that there is anotehr box with 2 bars in it. The bottom one is your crafting progress. The topone I'm not quite sure what it is.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online