taultunleashed logoEQ2Extreme functions, scripting documentation, etc? : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

EQ2Extreme functions, scripting documentation, etc? : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: July 22nd, 2008, 11:35 pm

blueknight

Total Posts: 136
blueknight's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I have been playing a little bit with Exhume and am still trying to figure out what is provided in EQ2Extreme vs Exhume. Documentation seems extremely lite. I am assuming that the program has the ability to pull some set of information from EQ2 but something saying WHAT is available and what variables to process to use the information would be helpful.

I am certainly no programer but I have done a bit with HTML, XML, and basic scripting in CSH (unix C shell). I am sure I can learn but there really seems to be no information available. Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Posted: July 23rd, 2008, 11:23 pm

blueknight

Total Posts: 136
blueknight's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
OK, I spent a few hours today trying to find any references to scripting in EQ2Extreme. From what I can tell it is still a work in progress with Geezer adding new functions and locations periodically. I now understand the use of the EQ2ExtremeTest.exe program and that is very helpfull.

I did read the entire thread at http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/about51444.html and it is probablly the best collection of information (but not in the section dedicated to EQ2Extreme? o.O). It makes reference to a bit of sample code that was at one point hosted on gforge. Since gforge is not being used anymore, is there someplace I can download that from? Or could someone be so kind as to upload it here?

I think I am close to being able to program what I am looking for. Just missing a little more general info that I likely will get from the examples.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online