taultunleashed logoFinal Destination? I think not! Death Exploit! : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

Final Destination? I think not! Death Exploit! : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: February 9th, 2005, 10:14 am

tault_jgary321
tault_jgary321's Reps:
Now this will take some major testing. I have not fully tested this yet. But I was fighting some gnolls today and came across a somewhat marvelous find. I cheated death. I'll explain:

Here I was minding my own business, fighting gnolls and using the instant respawn trick, when it failed me. Yes that's right it failed. I didn't hold the window long enough (which is very important btw). Well they were on my like a pack of dogs (pun intended). Right before I died I hit Auto Run, and tried to lose them using the window trick. Well that didn't work either. So here I am laying on the ground with my face in the dirt, and I notice my Revive window didn't pop up. My health bar started at -20 and slowly started counting up. I was only unconscious! When I did the window trick right before I died, they only knocked me out, and didn't kill me. I just figured I would post my find here and let everyone test it. If you ever get in a sticky situation and have nothing else to do, try it.

PS. If either of my past 2 exploits have already been mentioned then I'm sorry. I just didn't see them in the forum and figured I would post em. Happy hunting.

Posted: February 9th, 2005, 11:54 am

tault_glenny1

Total Posts: 152
tault_glenny1's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
not sure. Nice little trick if u can repeat it. I have had this happen to me a few times without the window trick thou.

Posted: February 9th, 2005, 1:32 pm

tault_synful82
tault_synful82's Reps:
you got lucky, plain and simple

Posted: February 9th, 2005, 10:50 pm

Tault_deceptic

Total Posts: 110
Tault_deceptic's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
thanks jgary, it's worth a shot if you know certain.

Posted: February 11th, 2005, 8:26 pm

tault_vladteppes
tault_vladteppes's Reps:
I can answer this actually quite easily, and end up providing ANOTHER method to "Cheat Death" as you state it. What you did was cause a fluctuation of lag to buildup; the gnolls incapped you, but the lag made the AI of the gnolls think that you were still autorunning (I'm guessing that after your character was unconscious, the gnolls kept running past you in the direction you were autorunning). This has happened to me quite often on accident without using any exploits if for some reason there is a lagspike at the perfect moment (very rare, however wonderful to occur at the same time). Now... as for you to get it to work every time by grabbing the window, good luck to that, since it would take a lot of practice to master the timing (not to mention, a lot of the time you get slain on the final hit due to such a large enough magnitude of damage which may cause you to believe you're doing something wrong when you were actually just hit too hard to be incapped). Now, in the same way as lag, you can do it WITHOUT lag if you're indoors and getting swarmed, for example (this sometimes even gets the mobs completely off your back without you having to deal with incap problems at all); simply autorun directly into a wall... you'll see the train of mobs run right past you, hit you maybe a few more times, and, ofcourse, just like a summoner pet, they think you can walk through walls and keep running the direction you're running into the wall (silly orcs come to mind from wailing caves). Once you feel safe, simply take off in the direction you need to go... TADA! Similar to the lag issue, if they incapped you while you were autorunning into the wall, they'll keep going and just leave your sleepy body on the ground. Now, I've also noticed another strange occurance where if you happen to be incapped, and there are no mobs attacking you, you might still take damage for a REALLY ODD reason... almost as if you had a poison effect on you, you take like 1 damage per tick... and I've ended up laying there incapped dying for about 10 minutes once trying to direct a healer to me. Hope this helps

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online