taultunleashed logoFree Apartment (new exploit - not the old =) : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 12 posts ] 
blue large dot

Free Apartment (new exploit - not the old =) : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 12:57 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
Here's how this works. Purchase ANY apartment (from 1gp+STATUS up to... well, up to a LOT) and set several good friends as Trustees and friends. You probably realize at this point that the cost per week of this apartment is going to slay you - or is it?
The solution to this minor inconvenience is simple - never go to the apartment with the character who purchased it. Trustees, Friends, and Visitors can all enter and exit the apartment as usual even after the rent runs out.

Just beware of the landlord.

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 2:40 am

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
ROFL, nice one :)

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 2:52 am

Tault_deceptic

Total Posts: 110
Tault_deceptic's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
aye - very cool.

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 3:40 am

tault_atrapas
tault_atrapas's Reps:
Very nice if it works Ak :)

I ran into a problem though that would keep this from working, was back near release. I was listed as a trustee on a guildy's apartment but when the rent ran out I nor any of his other trustee's could enter. I couldn't even pay the rent for him. I've got my second account tagged as trustee on my current 2pp room so I'll let the rent run out and see what happens.

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 4:49 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
Hmm... *frowns* they may have fixed the Trustee. I know for a fact that friends can enter/exit, as well as visitors (you have no idea how many apartments I've gone into to buy stuff from a player in vendor mode whose rent was up)

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 5:50 am

tault_bahumut ben
tault_bahumut ben's Reps:
wow good thinking there and congrats :)

Posted: February 7th, 2005, 3:36 pm

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
Fixed in a recent patch

Posted: February 7th, 2005, 9:04 pm

tault_loraik
tault_loraik's Reps:
The other thing I ran into just the other day and not sure if it was a bug or not is if your in trader mode and your apt. dues become due while your in there you will not beable to sell your warz untill upkeep is paid. I had like 30 spams from people saying they couldn't buy from me and I didn't know why till I left and tried to get back in. What is !@#$%^&* is you can't prepay so your sol if this wasn't a one shot bug on me.

Loraik

Posted: February 10th, 2005, 10:06 pm

tault_dping28
tault_dping28's Reps:
loraik I think I had that happen too, I left my self in my room selling but after a bit stuff stoped being bought figured just didnt have anything people wanted right then ran to the bank to convert all my copper and came back and rent was due, paid and stuff started selling again.

Posted: February 13th, 2005, 5:17 am

tault_herrkapp
tault_herrkapp's Reps:
Just to add to this apartment discussion, not sure if this was just random coincidence or what, or if it's been fixed yet but...

Last time rent was due on my apartment, I had 0g on me but hit the "pay rent" button anyway, and to my surprise it was paid even though I didn't have anything on me. I don't *think* it withdrew any gold from my bank or anything but I could be wrong. Would need someone else to test this out again, I'd do it myself but rent is not due for another 6 days now =P

Just for clarification this was a 2 room apartment in Qeynos Harbor, rent is ~2gp a month.

Posted: February 24th, 2005, 1:17 am

tault_damarius
tault_damarius's Reps:
So I am guessing this has been fixed?

Posted: February 25th, 2005, 3:45 am

tault_ldymech
tault_ldymech's Reps:
Tried it today. They took the money out of my bank. I checked my bank account befor and after.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online