taultunleashed logoHack search? : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 27 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Hack search? : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 5:32 am

tault_prowling1
tault_prowling1's Reps:
Ok I have heard from someone that has found the hack on a site that it does exist.

This is suppose to be a hack that runs on linux/unix and sniffs packets. It gives the user all rare locations in the zone. Not sure how it displays the info or anything like that. All I know is it sniffs packets to find out.

Anyone know anything? Cmon throw me a bone here.

-Prowling1

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 5:59 am

Tault_pretzel

Total Posts: 73
Tault_pretzel's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Sure your not talking about showeq? I dont know if your aware of it or not, but thats exactly what it does - just that its for eq1. We're all hoping to see a port for eq2, but no news of one yet.

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 6:13 am

tault_prowling1
tault_prowling1's Reps:
Yes I have found it and there is one for EQ2. It is in windows format. Have not checked to see if it works or how detectable it is. but I have heard people with full ebon armor.

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 6:18 am

Tault_pretzel

Active User > 50 Posts
Do you have a location or name for this program?

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 6:20 am

tault_prowling1
tault_prowling1's Reps:
it is showeq. let me get the link...

Go here and see

http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5188

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 6:27 am

tault_prowling1
tault_prowling1's Reps:
a friend of mine got it working but is uncertain how to read the output. It looks like its all in some code.

-Prowling1

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 6:35 am

Tault_pretzel

Active User > 50 Posts
hehe this is a packet sniffer.. they are still working out the eq2 data stream.. its the ground work for such a program as showeq, but one is still a ways off.

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 6:36 am

tault_prowling1
tault_prowling1's Reps:
hmmm. ok thanks. I heard that people were using it to find rares. think its false?

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 7:00 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
XU has a harvestbot that you can configure to only harvest certain types. This could effectively do the same thing, although it's not linux.

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 7:14 am

tault_prowling1
tault_prowling1's Reps:
No I was misinformed. this is a windows app that sniffs packets. I have heard that it displays in-game info such as rares that have popped in nodes.

I was told that when a node pops the 3 types of pulls are already there. The packet sniffer is suppose to be able to tell me if there is a rare in it.

I have heard there are people using this but this site does not offer the App yet, just the packet sniffer. Maybe people have created thier own App? Dont know...

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 7:30 am

tault_prowling1
tault_prowling1's Reps:
If I read the harvest bot correctly it sounds like it just runs from point a-b-c-e and so on till it runs into a node. then stops and harvests the node. That would be kinda cool, until you need t4 and t5. Too many things aggro

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 10:06 am

tault_nuad
tault_nuad's Reps:
I wish i would know how this works...

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 10:06 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
I'm an amateur when it comes to reverse-engineering network protocols, but I'm looking into the spawn info structure. If I find out for sure either way, I'll let you know.
For some reason or another, the packet sniffer recently stopped creating any kind of a file for me. Anybody else having this problem?

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 1:28 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Ok, lets clear a few things up here. Firstly, yeah they are creating a showeq2, but its not going to have HALF the features as the old one, simply because its IMPOSSIBLE. In EQ1, when you went into a zone it sent the client a huge list of everyone and everything in the zone as you logged in. In EQ2, everything is loaded on the fly. Therefore, no more locs of everything, and thats just that.

That picture there, is no more than a program thats reading the incoming packets and spitting them out in an ordered form. The PC and NPC radars are simply that, its listing every mob and player that comes within his area. I know a fellow (he might have even MADE what we're looking at) who has pretty much decrypted and recognised every single packet that flows through his comp. Which means he can (and is) make a fully automated bot with AI that will hunt, harvest, mine, go on raids, trade, talk, craft...bloody everything!

This is how complicated things are getting these days, screw showeq2, screw macroquest2, THIS is what real pros do.
Also, don't get any ideas on getting this type of program, these guys create them for them selves and will NEVER release them to anyone.

Well thats my 2 cents...

Posted: February 24th, 2005, 1:13 am

tault_prowling1
tault_prowling1's Reps:
These are the types we/you all need working for you. You would IMHO have a TON more people paying for this kind of stuff. Now all you have to do is convince onee to join LOL

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online