taultunleashed logoIdea for helpful crafter script : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

Idea for helpful crafter script : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: January 9th, 2005, 9:28 pm

ofthedove
ofthedove's Reps:
I would like to try and implement this idea but since I've never used VB (only Java/C++) it may be a bit over my head but id like some input.
The idea is to help with the crafting bot, say I want to make 15 of X item but have no idea how many of what subcomponents are necessary and how many raw materials are necessary for each of those. The idea would be to search through an online database like the one on EQ2 artisan which gives you a list of the subcomponents and their raw materials and telling you how much of everything you would need to meet your goal. So if I wanted to make 15 Alder Bookcases I would input that into the window hit calculate and the script could pull the info from a database to calculate how much of everything you need. In this example for 15 Alder Bookcases I would need:

15 Raw Alder
15 Raw Elm
15 Raw Tin
90 Raw Elm/Roots
120 Water
120 Candles
30 Inorganic
60 Sandpaper
30 coal

going through all the recipes by hand and figuring all this out isnt really that tough and its part of crafting but something like this would be really handy. I was jsut wondering if it is a feasable idea and if people would actually use it and if its even possible to pull info from an online database and import into an XU window in game.

Posted: January 9th, 2005, 9:46 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
I am workign on a recipe queue type of setting that will let the crafter plugin make the sub combines for ya.

It will detect when a missing ingredient is not there, and make that sub ingredient.

It will take a little config on the user part to get it all set up, but it should work wonderfully.

Ie if you are alchemy, it will do all 5 combines for ya to make the final scroll.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online