taultunleashed logoIs it possible to tie into the eq2 service? : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 8 posts ] 
blue large dot

Is it possible to tie into the eq2 service? : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: February 11th, 2005, 7:44 pm

eq2addict
eq2addict's Reps:
WyvernX,
I saw your demo for accessing your EQ2 service through scripting, is it possible to do so using another service?

I want to make a Melee hunter program, however I'm having trouble accessing your service through mine =(

any help would be appreciated!

Posted: February 11th, 2005, 8:12 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
I can add that capability, yes.

Admin and I have talked about some of the new scripting enhancements that he wants to get accomplished. Being able to run the Services outside of the XU client is one of them.

Give me say 5 days to get it ready.

It will still require XU to be installed, however. But it will run without loading the XU Client.

Posted: February 12th, 2005, 2:36 am

eq2addict
eq2addict's Reps:
heh cool, take your time =)

I'd make a script, but I really prefer hard coding my stuff =D I don't want SoE saying "Oh this is how he's doing it" so easily =)

I'll check back, thanks for the speedy reply Wyvernx =)

P.S. I'll get some groundwork done in the meantime, so I'm ready to use your service whenever its ready =D

Posted: February 12th, 2005, 2:49 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
What do you mean by this:

I'd make a script, but I really prefer hard coding my stuff =D I don't want SoE saying "Oh this is how he's doing it" so easily =)

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 2:55 pm

eq2addict
eq2addict's Reps:
when you write a script, its a text file.. so the anyone (especially SoE) can read it and see the "magic" making it easy for them to code around it, in an attempt to block it.. AND/OR figure out a means for catching people using the script. for example.. if I added movement into a script... and you saw a sendkeys command for /loc as well as a log file parse, Soe could theoretically watch for people spamming /loc every time they move... However if it were in a dll, or exe they can't just open it up and see.. (I'm sure they could figure out how the procedures are handled if they REALLY tried, but it wouldn't be as easy as scanning a text file)

its just a preference of mine.. besides I like the cheater tools in vb, that aren't so prevelent in notepad =) us noob/intermediate wannabe programmers still need the crutches to make good stuff quickly =)

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 3:02 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
That would only be if you released the script public.

And even then, you can always encrypt scripts with the microsoft script encoder so that nobody else can see the code behind it. Think of it like compiling a dll.

If you like VB, you can already compile a XU Plugin DLL and call the eq2service using one of the XU getService commands.

Posted: February 21st, 2005, 11:20 pm

eq2addict
eq2addict's Reps:
after about 6 hours straight.. and a fabulous migraine, I'm still stumbling through this... =(

here is what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to make a program that either ties into EQ2 Service directly, or through XU

I can do the following to access XU's basic functions, after referencing XU

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
Private Sub LoadXU()
  Dim tmp As New XUScripts.ScriptHost

tmp.Sleep (3000)
  tmp.SendKeys ("test")
End Sub

I've tried everything I can think of to access EQ2Service...
when I do it directly (which is what you were reffering to originally) all the strings come back null and ints return a 0

If I try to use the getService and getPlugin comands I get invalid object errors =(

I would be greatly appreciative if you could toss me a small example on accessing the plugin through vb in any fassion.

Eq2Addict

p.s. if this posting seems anyway negative, it is only frustration twords my lack of ability in figuring it out for mysef =(

Posted: February 21st, 2005, 11:49 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
The service is setup to ONLY be referenced through XU. Ie, download the eq2Harvester script and you will see a nice example on how to use it.

Through VB it is the same commands. each compiled plugin must implement the IXUPlugin interface (download the framerate plugin and you will see what I mean.

To get a copy of the service through a compiled plugin the command I beleive is set yourObject = PluginHelper.Service("EQ2Service.Service")

But through scripts it is Set somevar = XUScriptPlugin.GetService("EQ2Service.Service")

I hope that helps you along.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online