taultunleashed logoLooking for anybody experience with Pathfinding : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 3 posts ] 
blue large dot

Looking for anybody experience with Pathfinding : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 12:41 pm

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
I am looking for anybody with experience writing pathfinding algorithms. For several different bots that I am currently working toward, I am in need of a bot that can work from a predefined node mesh. I have come up with my own hack - errr, method of getting it to work, but it's not very elegant or efficient.
If you have written any bots that can maneuver around previously, please let me know. Although the current (ugly) implementation is done entirely in ACTool, I'm also considering dumping everything to C++ in the form of a Decal replacement for ACTool. I dont know too much about XUnleashed as I dont have access to a copy as of yet, but I imagine that there is some form of a plugin system that could be used.
Credit for the pathfinding code will, of course, go to the writer. I will make certain that anybody using any of my macros/bots that utilize the pathfinding code recognizes that the pathfinding itself is NOT my creation. Further, if possible, I will try to convince admin to split credit (for purposes of the current contest) 50-50 for the full complex bot.

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 1:00 pm

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
I suggest looking into a modified A* algorithm and using .NET with Wyvernx's soon-to-be-released (as in a week's time) EQ2 API for XUnleashed.

Posted: February 5th, 2005, 2:10 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
I'm using a pre-defined pathing technique right now coupled with grouping together 'corridors' of pathing nodes, but it's being parsed inside of ACTool - not very efficient no matter HOW you look at it.
It's also sloppy, since I've never before done a pathing algo (in C++ or otherwise) Maybe I'll search through the other forums and 'gank' somebody's pathfinding code for FFXI, EQL, or something.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online