taultunleashed logomultipets for conj and nec must have AAs : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 32 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

multipets for conj and nec must have AAs : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 2

Posted: March 15th, 2006, 10:31 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Ok spent 45 min trying this at lunch. Yes you can jump when you are exiting having control of your pet and it will hang the pet in the air however everytime I went to cast another pet the old one (hanging in the air) poofed. All evidence of it disapeared.

I even engaged a mob with AE to see if maybe it was just not visable and no dice. I tried casting the replacement pet from my hot bar as well as my spell book and either way no dice.

IMO if this did work it has been since fixed and if it still does work someone needs to post better instructions on how to reproduce this because I sure can't get it to work.

Loraik

Posted: March 15th, 2006, 9:21 pm

rye777
rye777's Reps:
ok try to explain little better , posses pet , move with pet dont just stand there let spell end on its own, once spell has ended u need to walk with your player until your pet moves, after u pet moves , you cast another pet and it will drop the pet attack/backoff hotbar, but the pet will remain , hit the spell again to cast other pet and u should have to and u can do the same thing over and over till u have as many pets as u want

Posted: March 16th, 2006, 3:24 am

nikecmh
nikecmh's Reps:
rye777 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
ok try to explain little better , posses pet , move with pet dont just stand there let spell end on its own, once spell has ended u need to walk with your player until your pet moves, after u pet moves , you cast another pet and it will drop the pet attack/backoff hotbar, but the pet will remain , hit the spell again to cast other pet and u should have to and u can do the same thing over and over till u have as many pets as u want

Tried this about 10 times. It just isn't happening.

Posted: March 16th, 2006, 5:08 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
I don't know what to say I went back and tried this again just as you described and I can't get it to happen either. Moved pet around and everything. Even tried with all my different pets and I can't get it to happen on a Necro class.

Got any cool screen shots of your pet armys?

Loraik

Posted: March 16th, 2006, 8:57 pm

rye777
rye777's Reps:
yes i have one ill get it to ya when i get home from work , driving me crazy why i can only do it, got another nec on server to get it done,

Posted: March 16th, 2006, 9:06 pm

rye777
rye777's Reps:
after the spell has ended have u guys moved your character to make the pet move after posses spell has ended u dont need to move him far at all u just have to move it, it will drop the pet bar for attack, but once u hit again ull start casting a new pet like normal , bout to give up ,, ill post the image today tho

Posted: March 17th, 2006, 6:51 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
rye777 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
after the spell has ended have u guys moved your character to make the pet move after posses spell has ended u dont need to move him far at all u just have to move it, it will drop the pet bar for attack, but once u hit again ull start casting a new pet like normal , bout to give up ,, ill post the image today tho

What I did is had pet up, posses him and move him from the right side of me to the left (keeping him right next to me), spell gets to 1.1s left I start spam jumping, spell ends, pet is left doing the in air dance, take step back so I can see more of pet (like one or two relative feet), start casting next pet and first pet instantly pops from view (as well as pet bar being gone) I then pull a mob in to attack me just to see if maybe the pet is invis and nothing is there.

I have also tried not moving after pet is dancing, using a different pet, running the pet around in circles.

If I am doing something wrong here please point it out cause I have several thoughts on how to use this bug if it works.

Loraik

Posted: March 21st, 2006, 6:17 am

merald
merald's Reps:
It doesnt work. It is some bug related to your character only, not to game mechanics.

Posted: March 21st, 2006, 9:55 pm

rye777
rye777's Reps:
still works and by other players also ,, seen other players with it , doing the same thing i stated,

Posted: March 22nd, 2006, 8:45 am

member1
member1's Reps:
Works, and another nifty trick is if you use your grim spellbinder spell to bug this (the warlock pet that gets replaced at 32) then when you dismiss it and resummon a new one you can use hand of malice if you have it to charm it. Much more reliable then counting on a mob aeing :). I'm sure this would also work for coercers or anyone else who has charm if they want a free pet.

Posted: March 22nd, 2006, 10:14 am

apoc69
apoc69's Reps:
As someone who does not play a pet class I was utterly confused by this because you didn't mention it was an AA spell. Took me some time to figure out what you were talking about. Are you playing a Conjurer? Those who say it works what are you playing?

I'm not trying to put anyone down, but these little things make a difference when you write these up.

Posted: March 22nd, 2006, 10:23 am

member1
member1's Reps:
I'm playing a Necromancer. If you cancel your pet but clicking dismiss pet or by clicking on another pet spell other then the one you've summoned it doesnt work. You need to use the same pet spell you used to summon the pet to dismiss it then you can summon whichever pet you want.

Posted: March 22nd, 2006, 8:19 pm

rye777
rye777's Reps:
yep works nicely with hand of malice didnt think of that had my tank pet lvl 35 and my spellbinder out loving the dmg done : )

Posted: March 23rd, 2006, 6:21 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Still unable to reproduce this so I am kindly asking for you to re-post EXACT (in simple kiddy like terms) how to do this because I (66 Necro) can't make it happen any ways explained here.

I am also wanting to see some screen shots of multiple pets (I am assuming you could get like 2-100 pets up at a time or are you limited to just 2?)

Loraik

Posted: March 23rd, 2006, 5:52 pm

violator33
violator33's Reps:
I still cant get it to work as a 70 conjuror and my lvl 70 necro friend cant get it to work either... and were are folowing the instructions but still no luck :( .

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online