taultunleashed logoOodles of errors with XUnleashed & crafting Plugin : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 11 posts ] 
blue large dot

Oodles of errors with XUnleashed & crafting Plugin : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 4:13 pm

forenie
forenie's Reps:
Got lots of issues just trying to get a provisioner to craft some basic foods with the crafting Plugin (In Everquest 2)

For a start, I cannot run XUnleashed in windowed mode. If I change or start EQ2 all XUnleashed icons/windows/toolbars are skew (Tilted like a Rhombus, top and bottom lines parallel to the bottom of the screen, left and right borders tilted right at like 60 degrees)

In windowed mode, XUnleashed just doesn't respond to mouse clicks well, click on one part, something else responds if anything

Checking logs, this is the only "oddity" I see
ERROR: Requested DirectX9 Screen Format is not currently compatable with XUnleashed.

With running the crafter plugin in Full Screen mode I get the following oddities:

1) The crafter plugin thinks I have hit a button. I haven't (Yellow text tells me to press a button of spell responding to, I do NOTHING, yet sometimes it thinks I have and sets some key)

2) Sometimes the plugin thinks I even pressed ALL three buttons. If this happens, it stops working, stopping the mouse movement and not clicking BEGIN and REPEAT. at this point I close and restart it to fix it

3) If a button is pressed or it thinks I pressed a Buff button correctly, it SPAMS this button as fast as it can for as long as it can. I get around this by making sure all 3 toolbar icons for (slots 1, 2 and 3) are empty. If they contain a buff, the crafting plugin would spam whever it accidently found first forever

4) (may not be a bug) The plugin asks for me to press the key associated to the buff for the event showing. There isn't an event showing, so it seems the plugin has no idea when events are fireing or not

5) Sometimes the "press a button for the event showing" flashes on and off (on and off maybe 5 times a second) . If this happens, the plugin has stopped pressing BEGIN button so I need to close down and do the Reconfig to get it working

6) if I setup the crafting tool correctly (ie, press Button 1 for Buff A when event associated to the buff happens, doing this for all three) then thats the last thing the plugin ever does. It will never press the Begin or Repeat buttons, but will happily spam Toolbar button 2 or whater it has decided to do (seems to be the first buff it learns, note I do NOT have "cast buffs every tick" turned on.)

7) It is a SOD to stop the crafting plugin. If you move the mouse outside the BEGIN/REPEAT button area so the yellow circle pops up and says PAUSED, it will try to move the mouse cursor BACK despite being paused. Only way to stop crafting (if the crafting is working) is wait till it makes a move then QUICKLY rush over to the crafting window and press Stop Crafting. If I am too slow the cursor moves automatically back to begin and clicks

8 ) When a key is "set" by the plugin (ie The crafting plugin sets key 1 on its own) pressing reset does reset the key to 0 but INSTANTLY the plugin sets it back to whatever large imaginary number it set it to before.
Only way to stop this is to Stop Crafting, and reconfigure, then the keys are all 0 for a while

This is on an AMD machine, ATI card, 1 gig memory, all drivers up to date, all windows software up to date, drive decompressed, settings in EQ2 set to Best performance (actually set to lots of things, tried balanced too, tried windows, non windowed, whatever EQ2 settings there were, I tried)
Screen res was 1024x768, or 1280x1024. Tried both, both act the same way, Windows screen res matched the EQ2 screen res when tested

The crafting plugin DOES work to a point if I start EQ2 in Full Screen, lowest graphics setting. Then CONFIG the tool so yellow box is over the Power Componants, move the mouse to BEGIN and then *NEVER TOUCH THE KEYBOARD AGAIN*

Touch anything and I risk it thinking it has found a buff and stopping working although sometimes even not pressing any keys or touching the mouse makes associate some buff

Note: As a provisioner, I don't really want the plugin using buffs. They make the process worse (ie you get better average output without buffs, events have *NO EFFECT* on the result and do not hurt you if you fail to counter them)
It would be nice to tell the plugin not to try and use buffs. Any way of doing that from the UI?

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 4:53 pm

bukholt
bukholt's Reps:
I get this error too on my Provi but not on my Alchy

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
8 ) When a key is "set" by the plugin (ie The crafting plugin sets key 1 on its own) pressing reset does reset the key to 0 but INSTANTLY the plugin sets it back to whatever large imaginary number it set it to before.
Only way to stop this is to Stop Crafting, and reconfigure, then the keys are all 0 for a while

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 6:00 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Lets go through this step by step:

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
For a start, I cannot run XUnleashed in windowed mode. If I change or start EQ2 all XUnleashed icons/windows/toolbars are skew (Tilted like a Rhombus, top and bottom lines parallel to the bottom of the screen, left and right borders tilted right at like 60 degrees)

To fix that, change your window size slightly bigger or smaller.

In windowed mode, XUnleashed just doesn't respond to mouse clicks well, click on one part, something else responds if anything

Fix the above, and they will.

Checking logs, this is the only "oddity" I see
ERROR: Requested DirectX9 Screen Format is not currently compatable with XUnleashed.

Normal message. Just under that it should say using compatibility mode.

With running the crafter plugin in Full Screen mode I get the following oddities:

1) The crafter plugin thinks I have hit a button. I haven't (Yellow text tells me to press a button of spell responding to, I do NOTHING, yet sometimes it thinks I have and sets some key)

Make sure you target the FUEL in the crafting window. not in your inventory.

2) Sometimes the plugin thinks I even pressed ALL three buttons. If this happens, it stops working, stopping the mouse movement and not clicking BEGIN and REPEAT. at this point I close and restart it to fix it

Same as above.

[/quote]
3) If a button is pressed or it thinks I pressed a Buff button correctly, it SPAMS this button as fast as it can for as long as it can. I get around this by making sure all 3 toolbar icons for (slots 1, 2 and 3) are empty. If they contain a buff, the crafting plugin would spam whever it accidently found first forever
[/quote]

Same as above.

4) (may not be a bug) The plugin asks for me to press the key associated to the buff for the event showing. There isn't an event showing, so it seems the plugin has no idea when events are fireing or not

5) Sometimes the "press a button for the event showing" flashes on and off (on and off maybe 5 times a second) . If this happens, the plugin has stopped pressing BEGIN button so I need to close down and do the Reconfig to get it working

6) if I setup the crafting tool correctly (ie, press Button 1 for Buff A when event associated to the buff happens, doing this for all three) then thats the last thing the plugin ever does. It will never press the Begin or Repeat buttons, but will happily spam Toolbar button 2 or whater it has decided to do (seems to be the first buff it learns, note I do NOT have "cast buffs every tick" turned on.)

7) It is a SOD to stop the crafting plugin. If you move the mouse outside the BEGIN/REPEAT button area so the yellow circle pops up and says PAUSED, it will try to move the mouse cursor BACK despite being paused. Only way to stop crafting (if the crafting is working) is wait till it makes a move then QUICKLY rush over to the crafting window and press Stop Crafting. If I am too slow the cursor moves automatically back to begin and clicks

All of those are because of the wrong fuel being highlighted.

PS you have to have the persona window or something BEHIND the crafting window to interract with it.

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 8:03 pm

forenie
forenie's Reps:
wyvernx";p="55147 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Lets go through this step by step:

To fix that, change your window size slightly bigger or smaller.

I tried several window sizes (I assume you mean the resolution of the game?) I tried 1024x768 amongst others.

I know that the crafting window created by XUnleashed needs persona window behind to function. This window is always there and has been since I started using the plugin

The issue I am seeing is with the XUnleashed toolbar (The one that pops up at the bottom of the screen).
It icons/tools/programs whatever you want to call them are all skew to the left. Like a rhombus as I destribed.

Any window a plugin created also looks like this (edit: Note this is only when EQ2 is run in windowed mode. In Full Screen everything shows up correctly.)

______
\..........\
..\.........\
....\.........\
.....---------

wyvernx";p="55147 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Make sure you target the FUEL in the crafting window. not in your inventory.

Yep, had the fuel in the crafting window highlite from the first first moment I used the plugin

As I said, it works, I've made 100's if items with the macro.

Except for spaming Buffs, sometimes stopping pressing the begin button, being unable to PAUSE it (Moves the mouse to BEGIN button even if paused), not knowing when the Events are happening and so on of course.

All of those are because of the wrong fuel being highlighted.

I only wish that were true :(

EDIT: Just to make sure I have the CORRECT fuel::

I place the yellow box where the * is

+--------------------+
|..........................|
|....[.]...................|
|....[.]...................|
|....[*]..................|
|.{Sta..Rcp}..Stop|
+--------------------+

The {} brackets is where the yellow Oval appears and the word PAUSE appears if you move the mouse away

The Mouse Cursor moves between BEGIN and REPEAT buttons
Primary item is top box, second item(s) are second box (sometimes more than that) and the coal appears in the bottom box where I place the yellow Config thingy

(Sta = Start
Rcp = recipe
Stop = stop)

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 10:17 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Make sure you lock your window. If it moves (and yes the macro can move it) it will cause that also.

as for: I tried several window sizes (I assume you mean the resolution of the game?) I tried 1024x768 amongst others.

No, i am not talking about screen resolutions. I'm talking about dragging the top of the window bar (the title of the eq2 window) and enlarging the window slightly.

It will also not work with a modified tradeskill window (just a fyi)

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 10:22 pm

forenie
forenie's Reps:
wyvernx";p="55162 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Make sure you lock your window. If it moves (and yes the macro can move it) it will cause that also.

as for: I tried several window sizes (I assume you mean the resolution of the game?) I tried 1024x768 amongst others.

No, i am not talking about screen resolutions. I'm talking about dragging the top of the window bar (the title of the eq2 window) and enlarging the window slightly.

It will also not work with a modified tradeskill window (just a fyi)

I'll try toying with the size of the Windowed EQ2, hadn't tried that and I know crafting plugin doesn't REALLY like being in full screen mode

The crafting window was/is locked down, I discovered it could be moved by the plugin VERY early :) Like the first item I played "stop the plugin as fast as I can before it rearranged my entire UI for me"

Tradeskill window is not modified either, it is generic

I am gussing the reason it fails is because I am in Full Screen mode, The plugin warns it has issues in Full Screen.
It's just that Windowed XU doesn't work for me at all in windowed mode, being all skewed like that.
Will try the moveing bit before I get too worried however, thanks

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 10:54 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Yep, lemme know.

Ya just usually have to change the size by only a few pixels.

Posted: February 15th, 2005, 12:30 am

forenie
forenie's Reps:
Woohoo!!

That's all it needed. Just resize (Started in Windowed and made a Teeny bit bigger and then all the XU windows became shapped correctly)

Now the crafting plugin works 100% perfectly. The author DID say it didn't work well in full screen :)

Thanks for the help!

Posted: February 16th, 2005, 9:33 pm

mortedamour
mortedamour's Reps:
forenie";p="55165 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Now the crafting plugin works 100% perfectly. The author DID say it didn't work well in full screen :)
Thanks for the help!

Interesting, Never used it in anything but full screen mode.

Posted: February 17th, 2005, 9:07 am

djvj

Total Posts: 272
djvj's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Full screen never works for me either, which wyvern did state when it was released.

Posted: February 17th, 2005, 1:16 pm

blueknight

Total Posts: 136
blueknight's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
It works for me in full or windowed as long as I reconfigure when switching between the two. If CPU matters on that one I am running a P4. Always had too many compatibility issues with AMD.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online