taultunleashed logoRecording a neat autotank macro : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 9 posts ] 
blue large dot

Recording a neat autotank macro : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: December 13th, 2004, 8:11 pm

mally42
mally42's Reps:
OK first this is fairly straight forward but works awesome! My wife and I play EQ alot.. well me more so. So eventually my main character got a lil high to group with, so we decided we'd make 2 characters that we'd only play together for now. Well unexpectedly I liked my new chacater alot! In pretty much every rpg I play I'm a caster, so this is a bit of a change. I made the a fighter (currently a Crusader) and she made a healer (currently a shaman) Anyways, I found that I liked playing the 2 of them together, so I came up with this idea.. lets see what you guys think. I'm sure it's been done plenty of times in other rpg... but anyways I think it's cool.

So we are going to make the following assumptions for this macro to work. 1st the tank is on auto follow and you are playing the healer. Next we are only recording keystrokes. Last the following hotkeys are set:

1. /assist
2. taunt
3. Unyielding Advance
4. Rightous Blow
5. Kick
6. Wild Swing
7. Shout
8. Righteous Anger

This macro can be modified to pretty much any tank and compatable with any healer. Additionally these are just my key configs you could use what you want.

Now down to the Recording...

***Before you start!!!! make Sure you are on auto follow!!!

-Now pull a mob with the healer, that's right she can take it. And start her on attack.

-Back up until your in a position where both you and your auto follower can hit the mob.

-Switch to the other computer!

START RECORDING:

Hit the followoing keys in order wait about 2 seconds in between each. It's more of a feel than exact timing. Best advace is to play like you normally would.

1 to assist
2 to taunt (this shout draw aggro)
3 to stun using Unyielding Advance
4 to use Rightous Blow
5 to use Kick
6 to use wild Swing

wait about 6 seconds and end recording.

Now just keep it looping and you should be set.

Now hotkeys 7 and 8:

Use those, assist and taunt manually as needed. I found that when drawing extra mobs I would target with the shaman and assist with the Crusader. Taunt was effective even if I did nothing with the other computer because utimately he would eventually switch targets if the healer did.

Well that's pretty much it. Just leave auto follow and the macro on even when not fighting if you want. Sure you waste a bit of mana having it loop taunt but so what sometimes it works out esspecially if you get multiple mobs and your switching taregets to draw aggro. And on singles just have the healer DD a bit he should only taunt the one time in that instance.

This works really well for me. I have a laptop sitting right next to me and my desktop. The laptop is easy enough to reach should I need to but I barely do. Also you can learn to time your pulls based on the key stroked you see on the other screen. I thought it was pretty intuitive.

But nothing compared to megabot which I hear is in the works for EQ 2. Anyone know anything about it? Hope it's as bad !@#$%^&* as it was in DAOC.

Posted: December 15th, 2004, 4:05 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
EQ2MegaBot is in the works... but I have to wait until WyvernX does a chat logger and gets me some access into the API for X,Y locs for mobs... it's coming along pretty good otherwise, have it starting to read the INI files for window location and reading health bars, which are trickier since they change color as they go down. Had to tweak the code based on this.

Until chat logger is out, kinda useless as you can't respond intelligently yet... hang in there.

Rich

Posted: January 20th, 2005, 3:16 am

scornn
scornn's Reps:
Any updates? Would love to see such a thing.

Posted: January 24th, 2005, 1:16 pm

Guest's Reps:
richyrich";p="50672 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
EQ2MegaBot is in the works... but I have to wait until WyvernX does a chat logger and gets me some access into the API for X,Y locs for mobs... it's coming along pretty good otherwise, have it starting to read the INI files for window location and reading health bars, which are trickier since they change color as they go down. Had to tweak the code based on this.

Until chat logger is out, kinda useless as you can't respond intelligently yet... hang in there.

Rich

Not sure if this helps your problem but you can prvent the health bar from changing color in the options menu. It has 3 settings , no color change, segments, and gradients. Hope this helps. Not sure though.

Posted: January 24th, 2005, 2:28 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
I'm getting close to releasing the first version.

It's not bad - more of a buff - follow bot vs. fight by yourself.

Posted: January 24th, 2005, 4:01 pm

rfrox99

Total Posts: 13
rfrox99's Reps: 0
A buff - follow bot sounds like a good start!

Posted: January 25th, 2005, 7:36 am

mally42
mally42's Reps:
oh hell yes! Can't wait! I would rather put my healer on auto follow and run around with my tank.

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 2:09 am

blueknight

Total Posts: 136
blueknight's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Agreed. MUCH easier to bot the caster/healer then to bot the tank. I always like the Master Control Script that Xylobot had in EQ1. I don't want to automate everything so I can walk away and get XP. I just want to make it easier to control 2 characters (or more) while I am playing. After all, what is the point of playing if everything is done for you.

Simply being able to issue commands to another character through tells would be enough for me. Any chance that this will be part of the scripts you are writing?

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 8:16 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
Ok - sounds like I'm moving in the right direction then, I should have out a first version in a week or so, some RL issues in the way right now :-)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online