taultunleashed logoSafetyof speed hacks? : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 23 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Safetyof speed hacks? : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: April 20th, 2005, 9:05 am

ekuth1
ekuth1's Reps:
I found an speed hack for EQ2 that, being the curious puppy I am, had to try.

It works- and works very well. When I do use it, i keep my speed down to the range of Jboots/SOW/Pathfinding or just a smidge above. I have used it on occasion to zip across Ant and TS at an insane rate.

I worry though, about the safety of using this little program.

Some questions:

1. When moving at near normal speeds, is it safe?
2. Obviously using super speed is risky, but if used in an unpopulated area, can this be detected? Also, I'm moving so damn fast that no one can see me or have a chance of reading my toons name.
3. Can SOE detect the use of 3rd party programs? The program in question is a self contained .exe file that reads the code- not a code hack per-se.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Posted: April 20th, 2005, 9:16 am

krytical
krytical's Reps:
if you are using the speedhack you may as well be going full speed... the worst thing is other people seeing and reporting you... i use a speedhack (not sure if its the same one you use) from gameguidesonine... i have been using it since he beta tested it lol 1 person saw me and said they reported me.. layed low for a week went back to using speed hack... so as long as you dont get cought using it your ok and if somone does see you then dont use it for a while...

again thats if you are going to use it at all.. im not sure SOE's ability to see what 3rd party programs are running but from eq1 they just flagged people who's offsets changed... i have been using it and now im screwed cause i cant play the game without it... so if i get banned i get banned..... but so far no problems yet

Posted: April 21st, 2005, 11:51 am

rarespawn01
rarespawn01's Reps:
Which Speedhack plz? Share the wealth =D

Posted: April 21st, 2005, 12:18 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
I strongly urge you to NOT use speed hacks. They are SOOOO easily detected and WILL get you banned. It is not a matter of IF, but WHEN.

Posted: April 22nd, 2005, 7:57 am

lyric76
lyric76's Reps:
Yeah, I got banned on another MMORPG for using a speedey. I took all the precausions too. Just buy a horse!

Posted: April 22nd, 2005, 10:02 pm

minmax
minmax's Reps:
lyric76";p="62750 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Just buy a horse!

Well, anyone having a "buy horse hack" for those poors guys lacking PP like me ? :lol:

Posted: April 24th, 2005, 7:54 am

varin

Total Posts: 5
varin's Reps: 0
Yes, speedhacks are the quickest way to get banned. There are checks in place to measure your runspeed which when violated will sound an alarm and light your account up like a xmas tree

Posted: April 24th, 2005, 3:42 pm

krytical
krytical's Reps:
well then i have been lit up for a long time and they are blind or something cause im not banned nor have i recieved any warnings

Posted: April 25th, 2005, 1:47 pm

ekuth1
ekuth1's Reps:
Wow. Thanks for the feedback all. I have to admit that I am very very leery of using this thing. I've heard both sides- that it's safe, that it's not. My decision is that I'm gonna stop using it. I've put alot of time and money into getting my characters to where they are now and being banned would suck.

However, for those of you adventurous enough:

Here's the latest version. It does need to be updated after each patch. I found it on tault.com (a crappy site that I DO NOT recommend). This is the only thing of use I have ever found there.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

The attachment has been scanned with Norton 2005 and is virus free.

****Sorry all: Due to the below issue, I am respecting the intellectual property rights of the orginal creator and have therefore deleted the file.****

Last edited by Guest on April 26th, 2005, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: April 25th, 2005, 2:24 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Lol, Tault and XU are merging into one site, hehe. That is too funny.

Posted: April 25th, 2005, 4:46 pm

krytical
krytical's Reps:
ok that was made by Mr.Peepers from !@#$%^&*.com and he did not say you could post it elsewhere

i dont know if he is on tault.com but if not i doubt he would like it there either...

Posted: April 25th, 2005, 5:11 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
There is another one in the downloads too, under misc plugins..

Posted: April 25th, 2005, 7:37 pm

ekuth1
ekuth1's Reps:
Krytical:

Had no idea who had made it. Not a programmer, so no way of telling for me! I found it on tault, so I would assume that distribution is okay. Could you find out for me? If Mr.Peepers says no, I'll remove it.

Don't wanna step on anyone's toes.

Posted: April 25th, 2005, 8:03 pm

krytical
krytical's Reps:
this is what he had to say when he found out it was on tault.com

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
I will be changeing the entire hack next time the server is updated. I am sorry but everyone may be required to register it. I am sorry it had to come down to this but some people just had to go and ruin it. Once again I am very sorry.

I am going to PM and hopefull contact the admin over at that site to have them remove it. They most likly won't so be prepared for a major update in the next version. The next one will not be release with the patch it will most likly be a few days before I release a patched version. Sorry again.

To the one who posted it over on that site. I hope your happy and I will be talking with the admins here to find out who you are.

i assume he would say the same aout it being here... (im not mad or anything lol just lettin ya know.. can you tell me who posted it on that site? )

Posted: April 26th, 2005, 9:02 am

ekuth1
ekuth1's Reps:
Okay that pretty much clears that up.

The guy who originally posted the program on tault uses the name o0ofoulo0o. Apparently someone reported him to the originator of the program (Mr.Peepers?). He has since pulled the file from the post, and apparently had posted a link to Mr.Peeper's site.

One of the moderators over there by name of Sirusdv has apparently taken it upon himself to hijack the program and update it.

Quotes from Tault:

o0ofoulo0o:

If you liked the speed hack please go to:
[clipped]
and PM '[clipped]'
Mention that you are from tault and you will get a discount.

[clipped] asked me to remove it and begin referring to his personal site for the speed hack, sorry author's choice.

Edit by Sirusdv:

I will be updating this myself. No need to go waste money.

Sirusdv:

locked this and remove the URL I will update it myself and post it when it becomes unfunctional

So from what I gather, this o0ofoulo0o guy was trying to do the right thing and Sirusdv has now hijacked the program and will alter it himself. While I'm not sure, I think Sirusdv is also a member of xunleashed. Maybe someone should sound him out about the finer details of intellectual property rights?

Anyone have the actual link to Mr.Peeper's site/PM so that those who want to have this program legit can pay him for it?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online