newtopic  postreply
 [ 17 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Selling Exploit : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: July 8th, 2005, 12:04 pm

maacca
maacca's Reps:
Ok,

I will describe what happened and you guys can decide.

A friend was selling a Master scroll (Lvl 50) through offline selling whilst he was out adventuring. He got a tell from someone asking if they could buy the master at a lower price, he agreed and told the potential buyer to meet in his home town. He retrieved the master and sold it (by trading with other player).

Now, soon after (couple of minutes) another guy sent a tell to my friend asking if he could lower the price on the master so he could buy it. Obviously my friend was a bit miffed so checked through his market board. His master was still there, he lowered the price and sold it.

Basically he sold the same Master scroll twice.

I am being as accurate as possible. I hope some of you guys confirm and enjoy it before the hand of Nerf Strikes.

Posted: July 8th, 2005, 6:52 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Nerf what? The chances that your friend actually duped an item is slim to none.

Posted: July 8th, 2005, 7:59 pm

tazman076

Total Posts: 169
tazman076's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
yea your friend is pulling your leg... many a time i've seen an item appear to show up in dubplicate but if you try to sell it or buy it... the client does realize it isn't really there.. and it will not let you buy/sell it... this usually happens when you keep the broker window open while you scribe something.

Posted: July 8th, 2005, 9:23 pm

Tault_nazeroth

premium
The fact is, it is impossible to dupe an item and have both work normally. One of them will be a dud. Every item has a unique ID, and the system just won't let 2 indentical IDs through.

Posted: July 8th, 2005, 11:06 pm

maacca
maacca's Reps:
Take a Chill Pill Nazeroth, this is where the unconfirmed exploits are put right?

Your points are taken on board but your demeanor aint great, I posted this in good faith, after all if it was/is true then by definition that would be an Exploit.

Posted: July 9th, 2005, 6:22 am

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
Duping is possible, Naz. If you can get the game to assign a uniqe ID to the new item, it can and will work. I won't go into any more detail, but I think by now I should have earned your trust enough to know that I'm not talking out of my !@#$%^&* =]

Posted: July 9th, 2005, 9:39 am

maacca
maacca's Reps:
Done a search on Sony EQ2 forum entering 'dupe' as search parameter. Try the search yourselves.

One thread contains a different but similar exploit, that according to that thread worked.

Anyone confirm?

Posted: July 9th, 2005, 8:06 pm

Tault_nazeroth

premium
heh maybe so Discoduck, but technically that would not be a dupe would it, you would be creating a new item all together.

maacca, there was a large exploit awhile back when the mail system was first introduced. I can't remember exactly what happened (Discoduck?), but there was a duping exploit, and as far as i know, the items duped did have identical IDs and were sold to various players. When SOE found out, those dupe items were instantly wiped.

Posted: July 10th, 2005, 8:37 am

maacca
maacca's Reps:
Aye Naz,

I'm familiar with the exploit your referring to. Although this is a different exploit and looking through threads that I've mentioned it was found to be a confirmed exploit.

This might be a variation, and it might have been patched already. Who knows........

Posted: July 10th, 2005, 10:21 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
If you have a stack of items, and split the stack, the ID assigned to the old stack is abandoned and the new stacks each get a new ID. (a stack is a single entity). So for stackables, its easy- all you have to do is some shuffling, and you generate new, valid IDs. Again, Im not going to go into details about how I know, your just going to have to take my word on it. The mail issue- your correct- it worked like this: you sent 1 stackable item, the recipient got a full stack. So it was easy to compare the count flag on the item sent to the count flag on the item recieved, and find and wipe the dupes. I suspect that, had the dupe been live for long, and stacks started getting split up and moved around, it would have become much harder to trace them all.

Posted: July 11th, 2005, 10:51 pm

Tault_nazeroth

premium
True, but the biggest problem with duping is EQ2 community its self. People can tell, its spottable where an item has suddenly become very common, or when someone becomes much richer. With that, its pretty easy for SOE to notice a duping exploit within days of it going live, just by the communities reaction, let alone their own monitoring tools.

Anyone with enough brains would, upon finding a duping exploit, tell no one. He would also not use it to its extent, and therefore hopefully dodging SOE all together.
But, like last time, people spoke. So if you EVER see a duping exploit show up here or in some other place, chances are its already dead. Or if not, and you use it, expect to be banned.

Discoduck - Really? I would have thought that the ID generated for a stackable would actually have the number of items in the stack, in the ID code. I always thought that the description of the item was just the ID number, so where is the count flag kept? Does it get send along side the ID number?

Posted: July 18th, 2005, 6:40 pm

r12773
r12773's Reps:
maacca (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Ok,

I will describe what happened and you guys can decide.

A friend was selling a Master scroll (Lvl 50) through offline selling whilst he was out adventuring. He got a tell from someone asking if they could buy the master at a lower price, he agreed and told the potential buyer to meet in his home town. He retrieved the master and sold it (by trading with other player).

Now, soon after (couple of minutes) another guy sent a tell to my friend asking if he could lower the price on the master so he could buy it. Obviously my friend was a bit miffed so checked through his market board. His master was still there, he lowered the price and sold it.

Basically he sold the same Master scroll twice.

I am being as accurate as possible. I hope some of you guys confirm and enjoy it before the hand of Nerf Strikes.

I had this happen to me yesterday. Put a Master Spell up for sale and received a tell a guy that wanted it, but was based in the other city. Pulled it out of my vault and met him to sell it. Came back to my room and while I was gone it had sold through the broker also. Made an extra 5 plat. Not going to do it again, but a thread was locked and later deleted with a guy claiming this had happened to him also. Not planing to try it agian, as I am sure it can be tracked, but I have not had a GM pop up yet.

Posted: July 18th, 2005, 7:27 pm

krackajackfoo
krackajackfoo's Reps:
Have any more details? I'm guessing you had to click the "unlist item" to be able to move it to you inventory. Did you just unlist it, or unlist the whole vault and once you had it removed list them all back. Just trying to be very thorough as to what EXACTLY is happening including all steps. Seems to be random at best, but would be interesting if it could be recreated.

Posted: July 18th, 2005, 9:59 pm

Tault_qavlae

Total Posts: 118
Tault_qavlae's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I think the way this works, and I have confirmed this myself, is after items are on broker for a certain time the red background is removed, but they are still listed as "yes" for sale. If you remove that item from your broker and then go check the broker, 10 to 1 says that item is still listed. Whether or not you could manage to sell it twice is a different story.

I personally pulled a stack of 5 rough rubies from my house vault, that were listed for sale, ran to a broker in EFP and checked my name, and they were still there for sale.

Posted: July 18th, 2005, 10:09 pm

r12773
r12773's Reps:
krackajackfoo (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Have any more details? I'm guessing you had to click the "unlist item" to be able to move it to you inventory. Did you just unlist it, or unlist the whole vault and once you had it removed list them all back. Just trying to be very thorough as to what EXACTLY is happening including all steps. Seems to be random at best, but would be interesting if it could be recreated.

I did not unlist it. I grabed it and put it in my bag and left my room. I guess that is why it was still registered on the broker. Either way, something like this would be to easy to track using item serial numbers and would probably get you banned once they figure out what is going on and how to stop it/track it.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online