taultunleashed logoWarping around checking for secrets : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

Warping around checking for secrets : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 2:12 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
I dont really have a detailed guide on how to do what I did, but I'll let you know what the results were =)
I searched through memory and found every instance of the X loc, moved, searched again, moved, etc until it was narrowed down to about 25 entries. I did not bother trying to find which of these is the ACTUAL loc, but using Cheat Engine you can set them all simultaneously to a certain number.
This could possibly be used to warp around, but that would be HIGHLY detectable - YOU WILL GET BANNED if you use that to warp around a zone any great distance.
However, using it to move a small distance - what is movable in a short period of time - allows you to get to some interesting places. For instance, you can stand by the entrance to the arena and slowly increase the X or Z value until you are inside.

My observation is that any buildings that you cant get into now, are empty. The arena building is 100% empty, the locked bldg in NQ is also empty, and the copy of the mage tower in QH for looks is also empty. As a sidenote for this, however, once you warp inside the walls of the bldg become transparent. Walking through the wall messes with the game's collision detection, and doors no longer stop you.

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 5:46 am

Tault_pretzel

Total Posts: 73
Tault_pretzel's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Theres a much easier way to get these values.. heres a quick process: (all things reletive)

Fire up tsearch
Do a /loc
I cant even remember how exactly the values will line up in memory per in game, I haven't even logged on in a week.. but for the sake of simplicity, we'll call value 1 x, 2 y, 3 z.
Take your x (provided its a positive number.. if its not.. move to where it is.. larger, the better) say its.. 1246.78

In tsearch do a range float search on 1246.77000 - 1246.79000. You'll get a lot of hits.. the larger your loc, the less hits.. so finding the highest one possible will simplify this process. Move slightly, to change the value.. then go through your results. freeze any result that is reflective of your current loc and move in game.. if you warp back.. you've got the value.. narrow it down that way. The values are set up in memory all in a row, 3 floats in a 12 offset block... so assuming this value is indeed your x take the value + 4 = Y value. Y + 4 = Z value. If I do indeed have them backwards and my x = y, then just do y - 4 = x, y + 4 = z.

Now theres two offsets for each value in EQ2. One is the clients known location, one is the server. During the process of elimination you'll find 1 value that warps you back to frozen location instantly (client), and one that just makes your character blink (server) both must be changed simultaniously in order to effectively warp, otherwise the server will disconnect you. These offsets move everytime you zone or reload EQ2.

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 1:14 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
You know, its too bad mobs don't have a vertical limit to how far they can attack from. Otherwize we could wrap into the sky and be invincible.
Hrmm, have you tried wraping into a hill or something and attacking mobs?
I'm willing to bet that it'd simply tell you that you cannot see the target.
But its an interesting idea none the less, i used to do it in MU-Online. You could simply warp into a hill and recover then come back out and fight again.
Or you could warp into the ground and safely travel across any zone.
On the flipside, mobs can probably still hit you whether your in a hill or not.

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 1:42 pm

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
Heh - funny you should mention that. I tried warping under the ground, and after about 15 seconds of constant falling, I was teleported back to the safe point in the zone. I guess that it's useful for that, or if there is a location BENEATH you that you're trying to get to...

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 1:50 pm

Tault_pretzel

Total Posts: 73
Tault_pretzel's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Ah thats what I meant -- the server dosent kick you if you dont match your values client and server.. instead it ports you back to the safespot (which changes your movement values if I remember correctly, so you have to find the offsets again.. ugh.)

It works in wow just that way.. you can teleport above mobs (provided you set both the client and server values) and attack mobs and they cant attack back, you can travel under the world this way as well. The key is syncing both values then doing something like turning to update the server w/o changing your location.

IE:
+10 client z, +10 server z - at this point you'll be in the air, but the server will think your on the ground still, turn, they sync up, and server believes your in air (you'll appear in air to others) you may, or may not be able to attack mobs and not be attacked back at this point.. I haven't cared to log on to EQ2 and test it yet.

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 2:41 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
akanon (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Heh - funny you should mention that. I tried warping under the ground, and after about 15 seconds of constant falling, I was teleported back to the safe point in the zone. I guess that it's useful for that, or if there is a location BENEATH you that you're trying to get to...
Yeah don't try warping through the actual ground, try models, like giant rocks or trees or something.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online