taultunleashed logoA Guide To Monster Respawn : EverQuest 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 3 posts ] 
blue large dot

A Guide To Monster Respawn : EverQuest 2 Submissions

Posted: May 21st, 2005, 7:28 pm

tault_nightstrike131
tault_nightstrike131's Reps:
Try and find this one LOL JK I think this is a pretty useful guide.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way broken encounters work was somewhat confusing to me at first (even after reading the patch message that explained it) but now that I've gotten used to it, I've realized it can be very, very helpful under many circumstances. Hopefully these tips will be helpful to people (like me) who didn't "get it" the first time around.

First, to break an encounter, make sure you yell first, then run. You can just run, but then your speed buffs won't work and you will get followed much farther.

If you break a grey-con encounter with multiple mobs after you have killed at least one, then the entire group will be forced to respawn. This has a number of potential uses:

1. Now that quest credit can be gotten without finishing the encounter, kill all but one mob in the encounter, yell and run off til they quit following, then come back and re-kill the instant respawns. Fantastic for finishing grey quests quickly.

2. Some monsters have a range of levels. When the group respawns, the level will be redetermined randomly. If an encounter has a range such that it can be grey or green to you, kill one mob in the grey group and it will be forced to respawn completely. Repeat until the group spawns as green.

On the other hand, if you are facing a green or higher group, after breaking the encounter and running off, the group will run back and stay as-is for a "while" (I haven't tested how long, it's several minutes at least) before eventually respawning completely. This is primarily useful for soloing heroic or epic encounters with many mobs. If you can't take the whole group, target the weakest members and kill as many as possible before running. Yell, run, return, repeat, until the group is dead.

Keep in mind that while the encounter is broken, or when it has returned to it's spawn point, it is no longer locked. Try to avoid using this tactic in busy areas, as other people may finish your encounter or attempt to provide unwanted help.

Hope some people find this useful!

Posted: May 25th, 2005, 1:49 am

tault_nightstrike131
tault_nightstrike131's Reps:
Any replys?

Posted: May 25th, 2005, 1:16 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Yep we already have that. Plus i'm pretty sure its changed a bit now too.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online