taultunleashed logoAuto-it 3 (if you know about this, just trash the post) : EverQuest 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 3 posts ] 
blue large dot

Auto-it 3 (if you know about this, just trash the post) : EverQuest 2 Submissions

Posted: March 22nd, 2005, 1:50 pm

tault_terl
tault_terl's Reps:
First off, I really don't care if I get access or not, I am a programmer (currently half way to getting an associates in computer game design, then I will be "employed" by some bastard game company, and on the other side of the fence trying to keep peoople like me from exploiting them, but till then, I'm staying on the team that has more fun :P

Secondly, I'm posting it here to show I can follow directions (if I want to), so if it's something that's "not a secret" please post it somewhere the other cheap bastards like me can see it.

There is a third party program out Ive been useing since they nerfed the easy bots in diablo 2 (this is what got me interested in computer game design, wanted to learn programming to make my own bot and go back to running 15 bots on 3 accounts useing 4 computers and generally flooding the market with soj's, runes, and other "hard to find objects", but the bastards at blizzard ruined that for me with their bot detection patch, so I quit playing, and went to school to learn how to get back,a dn be more abusive than ever (evryone needs a goal in life, even if it is a stupid one).

(excuse the typos, I have a typeing program I use for "work that automatically fixes my "teh ,a dn jsut and the other common mistakes for me, so I don't normally worry about it- It's jsut that it's not on my game machine, only the work one that has anti virus,a dn fire walls and all that crap that keeps it safer at the expence of most of it's speed.)

Auto-it 3 http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/index.php is a program that will let you run macros that will let you automate your keyboard and mouse. you can run it's very detailed macro helper to find out easily how to send any type of keystroke, or combination of keystrokes, the pause commands are rated in milliseconds, so you can really tweek out the fastest possible crafting/attacks. (Simple attack macro has auto-it hit the f8 button, then hit 123 (for me lightning bolt, static shock, and attack so the auto attack is up) then it hits lightning bollt 2 more times (with proper delays) and repeats the cycle targeting a new npc.

The mouse function was the most impressive part of it, it's got a window you open up that shows you x/y coordinates for the mouse pointer relative to both the top left corner of the moniter, and the currently selected window (also top leftr of the window. this is not math x,y where y=50 is higher than y=10, it counts down for y. x is 0 on left, 1024 right (for my setting)) The scripting lets you tell it where (useing x,y coordinates) and when (useing delays in ms) between mouse button hits and key strokes (in any combination).

The auto it program it's self can be set to infinate loop, or a specific number of runs through the macros you make, and since you are useing a program to send key commands, and mouse clicks (not useing a hook), the game developers can't really prove it's not you at the keyboard. (especially when you add a slight variable to the delays between keystrokes-heh).

The only "problem" I've had with auto it on EQ2 so far si that when you run out of food, you die (no hooks means there is no way for autoit to tell which command counters the crafting damage you take) It works great for blasting most green mobs. (depending on class, and food availibility) but lacks the ability to tell when stuff is dropped, so it's only an experience grinder. (true, you can make money off of selling the items it crafts, but that's not something you can reasonably program in to it. (actually, you can with press and holds if you get the timeing right, and have advanced skills in macros for following and know the tricks for getting you back to two known points for recalibration, but that's overkill for this macro proogram). The efficient use if it is for grinding exp in relatively safe airas with lots of mobs you can dispatch very quickly without significant drain on your health or mana, or in the use of crafting macros (basically all you need to do is load up on resources,a dn have it hit the left mouse button every .5-1 seconds at the right location where teh repeat and start buttons oferlap, plus send a command to use the skill that drains your mana every .1 seconds (this takes off about 1/3 of the damage you would take, adn dramatically increases the speed of crafting (+9 per activation of the skill adds up very fast since most the time you will get it off 10-15 times in a crafting session) adn with the food and water being eaten automatically by the eq2 engine, you don't have to worry about running out of mana doing this. (so make sure you have at least 5 food and drink before useing this to afk grind artisan).

Posted: March 22nd, 2005, 2:02 pm

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
ahh, fellow programmers... I know the feeling...

We have many Auto-It macros on the inside, but if you would like to write up a useful new one for a game, I'm sure I could grant you access.

Posted: March 22nd, 2005, 4:19 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Yes, like Sirus said, we have many Autoit macros already. Your more than welcome to submit one of your own and gain free access for a year.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online