taultunleashed logoCollections can Pwr-Lvl your Low Lev Char Quickly&Cheapl : EverQuest 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

Collections can Pwr-Lvl your Low Lev Char Quickly&Cheapl : EverQuest 2 Submissions

Posted: February 1st, 2005, 10:02 pm

tault_quest897
tault_quest897's Reps:
I have an exploit that is simple but largely unused.

Collections can Power-Level your Character Quickly even if you are not the one who harvested the item.

On many of the servers the Shards that you harvest in Antonica and the Commonlands are selling for as little as a couple of silver pieces. I have seen Pristine Shards sell for as little as 5 silver pieces. On some servers the collectable items have gone up, but on most servers they are still selling for a few silver each. Here is the exploit/process:

To power level your character quickly

1.) purchase all of the shards of one type, chipped, scuffed, pristine, etc
(Meaning purchase pristine Shard of Channeling, Pristine Shard of Divination, etc)

2.) Give the Shards to the Character that you want to power-level, if giving to an alt use your shared bank with the shards in a bag or other container.

3.) Make sure that the Character is level 10 and that they have done their citizenship quest.

4.) Examine each of the shards and add them to the scuffed, chipped, pristine collection. Be careful not to add them to the second modifier collection, i.e., divination, Channeling, etc,

5.) Go directly to North Qeynos and speak with the collector. He is located under the tree that is almost directly in front of the main steps to the castle, and a little to the left if facing away from the castle. You can also waypoint to this NPC by waypointing to Mervos.

6.) Speak to Mervos, the collector, and claim experience and a piece of shard jewelry. The better the shard the better the jewelry and the more the experience. If you use a lower level character to do this then that character probably will not be able to use the item they are given, but they will still get the experience and you can save the item you receive, give it to your alt, or sell it. Pristine Shard Bracelets sell for about 1-2 gold on my server, Shiny Shard Bracelets sell for even more and the stats are great. Even if you have to spend more than what you sell the item for because the price of shards goes up, the experience may still be worth it.

This same process can be used for Butterflies, Moths, Spiders, Ants, Leaves, and pretty much any other harvested item that is part of a collection. I have used this with several collections on several characters and it works great. It is unlikely to get nerfed, because developers would have to limit who gets the quest or make all collectable items non-tradable and thus make completing most of these quests impossible.

Posted: February 2nd, 2005, 5:03 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Thank you for posting this quest897.
For starters, this is NOT an exploit. I would call it more of a guide.
Now the biggest problem here is, that your wrong about most collectables selling for 5s. Atleast not on my server, which makes this guide very circumstantial, and expencive.

I my self don't find this guide very helpful, but if anyone else thinks they learnt something from it please say so and i'll look twice at it.

Posted: February 2nd, 2005, 9:05 pm

tault_nuad
tault_nuad's Reps:
Common sense already for the mayority of players, that's why the prices for bones, shards and so on was exploding.

Posted: February 3rd, 2005, 4:24 am

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Nuff said.
Sorry quest897, this guide doesn't meet the standards.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online