taultunleashed logoCrafting power efficiency guide : EverQuest 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

Crafting power efficiency guide : EverQuest 2 Submissions

Posted: July 15th, 2005, 6:30 am

mcbmcb
mcbmcb's Reps:
First, take off all your gear, or more specifically all the gear that gives +power.

The tradeskill buff that uses power in return for progress or duration uses a fixed percentage of your total power. To prove this (beyond just watching your power bar when you use it), delve one of your power-cost crafting buffs and note the power cost. Then take off all your clothes, and re-delve it.

Power regen, on the other hand, is a fixed number of mana per tick.

So say you have 2000 power, regen 50 power/tick, and your buff costs 10% to cast. When you cast it, it will use up 200 power, which will then take 4 ticks to regen back to full. Now say when you have no gear on you only have 1000 power. That same buff will now only cost 100 power, and you will be back at full power in only 2 ticks.

The end result of this is that you will run out of power slower, and therefore be able to cast your power-costing buffs more often, which will result in both faster completion times and higher probability of pristines.

One word of caution: the forge is a different beast. Damage from failed reaction counters is much higher, and your health while naked will be much lower. Be extra-careful when using the forge with no clothes on. Sparks can be painful.

edit: well, sorry, but what can you do? I tried. :) Isn't old news for me, but then I haven't had the benefit of this site. :) I wouldn't call it common knowledge though, simply because I rarely see a crafter not wearing gear around their level. Also, if they did "fix" it, they didn't fix it right, I was taking advantage of it today.

Last edited by Guest on July 15th, 2005, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: July 15th, 2005, 7:30 am

redman
redman's Reps:
Old news.

Posted: July 15th, 2005, 12:37 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
Not only old news, but I would go so far as to call it common knowledge. Plus (and I could be wrong, I quit tradeskilling forever ago) I thought they changed all this months ago, negating the 'naked crafting' system....

Posted: July 18th, 2005, 6:08 am

redman
redman's Reps:
I never did craft naked in any case... When crafting, I'm carrying too many teak boxes full of stuff to bother getting naked (and hence VERY slow).

Posted: July 18th, 2005, 12:31 pm

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
There is cheap artistan outfits you can buy from city merchants which look somewhat snazy. You can find a picture of em on eq2.eqtrader.com

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online