taultunleashed logoDuo Epic encounters. (my try for premium) : EverQuest 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

Duo Epic encounters. (my try for premium) : EverQuest 2 Submissions

Posted: June 29th, 2009, 2:30 pm

charliesnubcake

Total Posts: 1
charliesnubcake's Reps: 0
Me and a friend decided to make a duo that rarely never dies to a pve mob. and we started to discuss what classes that would be, and had heads up for the two summoner classes, Conjuror and Necromancer.
Me, the necromancer, specced tainted heals, which allows you to heal your pet for 18% of max hp whenever you cast a debuff,dispel,root,stun or fear. This spec along with a Master 1 fighter pet, and a fully specced fighter in summoner achievement tree.

Having 2 summoners was a good choice, as we increase the numbers from a duo group, to a 4 man group.

The fighter tree should be maxed on the taunt, and the max hp. (20% extra) this way the pet will never loose aggro if you spam the taunt every 10 secs. Your groupmate, in my case the conjuror, can go all on dps and allows us to cut the time spent on the mob significantly.
Some damage absorbtion is nice too, so i decided to put 5 points in my fighter minion in the necromancer tree, which gives him slightly more mitigation, 10%.

My tainted heals now work perfectly, healing for a good amount of HP.

The conjuror on the other hand does not need to worry about heals and stuff like that, as i'm the "tank" in the group. This allows the conjuror to maximize the dps in aa's.
A good choice was going down the Evocation line in the conjuror achievement tree to get some nice casting speeds on the spells. and the end spell, Unabate, allows both you and your pet to land more spells and CA's.
A second good aa line for the conjuror is the mage line in the summoner tree. which allows the conjuror to decrease the pets hate towards the targeted mob, and also increase the casting efficiency by 12%. Casting speed, reuse speed and recovery speed lets the pet do slightly more DPS.
what i didnt mention is why we didn't chose to use the scout pet, and the reason is: Encounter spells allows the mage pet to do more DPS. the scout pet tend to have a slightly higher burst DPS, but with epic encounters and 6 man nameds we want sustained DPS , high from start to end.
To keep in mind is the aggro meter implemented in one of the latest updates. This will help you to control not just your own aggro, but also the pets aggro.

We manage to get into 6 man instances and whipe the floor with the nameds in those, which allows us to obtain masters and such with a 50% chance of having the item. some of the items gives us BIG money, and will help us to upgrade our most important spells such as pets, and in my case, root, fear, stun and debuffs to have a higher chance of landing the spells when i want to heal my pet. This is very important if you want to duo higher difficulties, such as Orange mobs/nameds.

Thanks

Posted: July 1st, 2009, 9:03 am

tault_eq_muse

Total Posts: 100
tault_eq_muse's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Go ahead and post screenshot of the ACT of your fight against a T8 x2 epic.

Posted: July 2nd, 2009, 5:41 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can members say yay or nay to this being usefull so it may be moved to the confirmed section? If you say nay please say why so we can help others know.

Posted: July 6th, 2009, 10:39 pm

tault_eq_muse

Total Posts: 100
tault_eq_muse's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Nay.

1. Title is incorrect (heroic << epic)
2. Spec is common
3. Limited instances are on 50%+ 'smart loot'
4. Unclear as to toon/mob level, and required gearing (ex: if you need to be L80, 200AA, and T2+ gear -- well that 1% of people don't need this help!)

If the above are clarified, and the specific smart loot instances recommended by name, we can revisit Bucks. A really direct way to show level, mob, and instance would be a screen cap of your ACT for the fight.

Posted: December 21st, 2009, 2:01 pm

wzayed2

Total Posts: 18
wzayed2's Reps: 1
premium
nay

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online