taultunleashed logoduplicating items : EverQuest 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

duplicating items : EverQuest 2 Submissions

Posted: July 14th, 2005, 4:27 pm

foil_ball_boy
foil_ball_boy's Reps:
hey, ive done this once, cuz when i tried to do it again, my dad got pissed at me =P

but anyways here is what you do, you must have acess to whatever cable give you internet, then you trade with some1, any item, you accept the trade but not the person you are trading with should accept yet. now you pull the cable that connects you your internet stoping all information going out or coming in, now on the other person's screen, once the person says (linkdead) accept the trade. log back into the account you just pulled your internet plug to and you will still have the item you traded out and the person you traded it to will have it also!

it has been about a month since ive done this so no gaurentees PM me if ya need help

Posted: July 14th, 2005, 7:54 pm

kraven2

Total Posts: 14
kraven2's Reps: 1
If this worked before, it doesn't now. Tried it with a maggot. When the char I made go LD came back it was out of his inventory. And yes I waited for it to say Linkdead and everything.

Posted: July 14th, 2005, 7:55 pm

kraven2

Total Posts: 14
kraven2's Reps: 1
If this worked before, it doesn't now. Tried it with a maggot. When the char I made go LD came back it was out of his inventory. And yes I waited for it to say Linkdead and everything.

Posted: July 15th, 2005, 12:49 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
I think it was more than a month ago, buddy. This used to work, kinda. Short version: when you moved an item, the client moved it graphicly, then told the server what it did. This was exploitable, in the way you sugested, sorta. You couldn't just pull the cable- you needed heavy packet loss, but not total disconetion. Anyhow, now the client tells the server what it wants to do, the server does it on its end first, and then tells the client what to do (which happens to be what the client asked to do). See the difference? I could try to dumb it down further, but thats already in the simplest terms I can think of.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online