taultunleashed logoEasier quest mob credit : EverQuest 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

Easier quest mob credit : EverQuest 2 Submissions

Posted: March 9th, 2005, 11:24 pm

tault_eqguru
tault_eqguru's Reps:
This might already be known, I just figured it out last night after reading the patch notes:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
- Encounter behavior has been changed such that if an encounter breaks and would have reset (and respawned the same encounter), it will now check if it was overpowered or overmatched and, if not, it will instead unbreak and become a viable target for a short period of time. If the encounter is defeated successfully during that time, players will receive all of the original encounter XP bonus and some portion of the loot.

So I had this quest that required me to kill a bunch of Weald Wolves in TS. Now they are fairly uncommon since there are about 5 places they can spawn and those spots can spawn several different mobs.

I found a spawn with 1 Weald Wolf and 1 Weald Wolf Pup that were grouped. I would kill the Weald Wolf, and break the encounter with the pup still alive. I'd run a short distance until the Pup became un-targeted. When I went back, both were re-spawned. So I could repeat the process until I finally finished my quest.

The encounter would have to be grey, or else I think the pup would reset by itself, which I think is the intention of what I quoted.

I'm guessing this might already be known by you folks, but posting just in case.

Posted: March 10th, 2005, 3:52 am

tault_doctorprybar
tault_doctorprybar's Reps:
Unfortunately this has been posted. Once by jgary321 under 'infinite spawn point' under expl. disc and by mattsmum under 'Stiletto's orders' in the conf. expl. forum. But but they were posted a while ago and it may be helpful to someone who did not read these posts. :)

Posted: March 10th, 2005, 3:56 am

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
Sorry but I don't think they give subscriptions for previously known exploits. :(

Posted: March 10th, 2005, 10:57 am

tault_eqguru
tault_eqguru's Reps:
o0ofoulo0o (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Sorry but I don't think they give subscriptions for previously known exploits. :(

Well I have no way of knowing if they were previously known or not. I'm just posting stuff I figure out on my own. I have a XU subscription, so whenver the merger goes through, I'll get access anyway. If I post something useful in the meantime, whats the harm in that?

Posted: March 10th, 2005, 11:22 am

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
8) no doubt, and trust me I went through the same thing....rumor is the merger is supposed to go through on the 21st, thats a big 'supposed to'....

;-)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online