taultunleashed logo[CLOSED] EQ2 Crafting Tip : EverQuest 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

[CLOSED] EQ2 Crafting Tip : EverQuest 2 Submissions

Posted: August 18th, 2006, 8:58 am

gamer1220
gamer1220's Reps:
I ran into a Shadowknight the other day, standing in front of the woodworking table nekid from the waist up. “Nice scenery”, I thought to myself and wondered why he was doing that. So I asked. Turns out he explained to me something I didn’t know. Certain crafting buffs [normally the pure progression or pure durability] take power. Apparently, your power when crafting is taken away as a percentage of your total and returned the same way. What he said was that if you have buff or equipment that increases your total power you will actually gain it back slower – since buffs and gear regen at a set rate and regardless of whether you have 10 power or 100 power crafting returns base power at the same rate, but buffs or gear tend to slow that down. Which explains why ‘craftsman clothing’ has no stats.

Also he was telling me that he uses 4 spells for crafting. The 3 which you get at each level and the pure one from the tier before [pure progress or durability]. By doing this he can either speed up the progress if things are going well or increase the durability if the RNG is being particularly annoying on that combine. Well, after bugging him for a while I set mine up the same way and voila! Way way less failures on the final step than I was getting when I was just waiting on the UI to light up for a reaction. I’m planning on buying some crafting clothes soon – since a Dark Elf female can’t very well craft nekid!

Posted: August 18th, 2006, 9:10 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: August 18th, 2006, 10:57 am

apoc69
apoc69's Reps:
This has been known for quite sometime and it's been posted on the regular forums as well.

Posted: August 18th, 2006, 2:23 pm

nearlight
nearlight's Reps:
that is not new been a known fact for awhile now

Posted: August 18th, 2006, 3:54 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training

Posted: August 18th, 2006, 11:50 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Furthermore it has been stolen directly from the TenTonHammer forums.
To nullify any inclination that he may actually be the poster over at TTH, his other submission thead HERE is also stolen from a different poster which you can find by looking at the second post of the very same thread over at TTH.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online