taultunleashed logoGhosting on any computer : EverQuest 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 3 posts ] 
blue large dot

Ghosting on any computer : EverQuest 2 Submissions

Posted: March 13th, 2007, 10:24 am

stylus
stylus's Reps:
I know people know of this but I have never seen a posted tutorial.
there are 3 ways I know of how to do this. first I'll explain the process.

Ghosting is when you disconnect your internet connection while the game is still running, moving around and reconnecting the internet connection when you get to your desired location. In game it looks like you went link-dead an disappeared only to reappear in a new location.

This puts you in a link-dead state in which you are still able to move for a limited time then you must reconnect your internet. After disconnecting you must wait about 5 seconds before you move, this is to ensure your link-dead state. Although you cannot do this forever since the game will boot you eventually. I would estimate you have about 30 seconds of ghosting before the game boots you, be careful though some zones lock you out if you ghost to long.

While ghosting you cannot click on things so you must come out of ghosting to activate a switch or open a door. Another good thing to know is to hit sprint before disconnecting so you have run speed increased during your ghosting session. Ghosting is good for "leap-frogging" through zones and getting to hard to reach places solo.

The process is basically disconnect internet, run, reconnect internet. Now you know the rules of ghosting now on to the methods.

1. some routers have a button on them that when pushed will disconnect your internet connection, then just push it again to reconnect your internet.

2. (most popular) Pull your Ethernet cable out to disconnect and plug it back in to reconnect.

3. If you have wireless or cant reach your cables you can do it through windows (you will have to run eq2 in windows mode to do this). Hit the start button/control panel/network connections. you will have a "Local area connection" for non-wireless connection and "wireless connection" (or something like that) for wireless connection. simply right click an disable the connection to disconnect then switch to eq2, run, then when your finished running switch back to network connections an right click select re-enable to reconnect.

remember the rules i mention above and practice makes perfect.

Posted: March 13th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
A long known exploit posted many times before. Sorry, but its already been posted.

Posted: March 2nd, 2009, 2:24 am

demoness13

Total Posts: 37
demoness13's Reps: 3
cool I didn't know about this before especially the part about disconn from your lan if you cant reach your cables thanks great tutorial!

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online