taultunleashed logoGuide to a ranger in 8 easy steps : EverQuest 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 3 posts ] 
blue large dot

Guide to a ranger in 8 easy steps : EverQuest 2 Submissions

Posted: March 16th, 2005, 5:58 am

tault_xeorn
tault_xeorn's Reps:
Hello, im Xeorn Valshar a level 22 wood elf ranger on the Faydark server.

I will be guiding you in 8 easy steps to becoming a ranger

Step one -Making Your Charecter-

This is a very simple step in the process. Basically make a charecter! The best choices for a ranger in my opinion would be a Wood Elf or Half Elf they both have fairly high stamina and agility. Choose an appearence. Then a charecter name. And then a server. If your no dont skip tutorial it has great information if your starting off on Everquest2

Step two 1-8 on -Isles of Refuge and Citizenship-

So here you are, you've made your charecter. Go to the guy to make your selection and choose scout. Grab your weapons and stop doing the quests on the top right quest journal on your interface if its in its default position. Once you get to the Orc quest, he is located west of the Treehouse. You might need atleast 3-6 people. You will definatly need a fighter and a priest, but a mage would be good help too. Kill the sparkcaster first. When your finished with those three you'll get a few more including the orc. Kill the Witch Doctor first. Once your done with this you may want to stick around to get good items for your level or your xp to 220% so when you gain citizenship your automatically level 8, this will help ALOT! Once your in your city and you get your citizenship task, complete it by going to the zones you need to go to and gathering the tokens. Once done you will need to go through a trial. Kill the first Freeport guard. Go to the first girl on the right and make an exception for her because she is sorry. Go to the second guy and dont let him bribe you. Go to the third one and tell her that you wern't even talking about the Ironforge Estate ( You wern't! ).
You should be done and gain to level 8 if you got 220%

Step three 1-10 -Antonica and Subclass-

Head on over to Antonica. Go to the farms until you level to level 9. Now on to your subclass. You should finish the steps ( Easily ) and once your done choose Predator. The warehouse you need to go to is in the Qeynos Docks by a guy named Ian close to the bank. Go in and when you get to the stairs go left. Kill the mob and congratulations your a predator. If you didn't level you will need to level to 10 and you will automatically become a predator.

Step four 10-15 -The Forgotten Ruins-

The Forgotten Ruins are a lowbie zone for charecters 6-15 and maybe 16. Their off The Willow Wood, or The Baubleshire. Once in follow the path to the castle. Double click the doors and go inside. There should be a few Forgotten Guardians wandering around. DONT GO ABOVE THE STAIRS! For now.... Kill Forgotten Guardians until you level 11 and THEN head up the stairs and kill those. Do this until level 12 ( Wont take long at all ). If you want to get alot of xp kill the skeletons inside the buildings. They come in groups of 3-6 but are very easy. Once you level 13 repeat this step until 14. Then head deeper into the fountain and start killing EVERYTHING in the castle until you level 15.

Step five 15-17 -Blackburrow-

Get on a griffen and fly to the Steppes Station. Once off go in the direction of the scarecrow field and keep going. Avoid the gnolls or monsters that will aggro you. Pass the waterfall and keep going until you reach an entrance to a kind of cave-like structure. Go in and try and get a group killing Gnolls in the deeper part of Blackburrow. When you can get it try and get into the two main rooms in the end of the tunnels. Sometimes ( Very Rarely ) a key will drop unlocking a very nice set of armor or weapon for you. I got a Kodiak Hide Curius. You should continue this until you level about 17 or maybe 18's if your patient. ( Sorry I cant get more indeapth about these levels but hey this is a free guide so dont complain )

Step six 17- 19 -Rotstuffed Scarecrows in Antonica-

Go back to Steppes Station and you should pass a big scarecrow field with scarecrows in it called rotstuffed scarecrows. Get a group of atleast 1 fighter and one priest. Kill the crows until 19 ( Now it gets fun! )

Step seven -Subclassing to a ranger-

Go to Qeynos docks and look for the halfling on the docks. Dont remember exactly where. He will instruct you to do something in Blackburrow ( Do it ) Come back and then he will instruct you to infiltrate a bloodsaber headquarters. Its in South Qeynos behind the buildings to the left if you zone in from Antonica. Once in use the skill hunt and go downstairs. Keep going until you find a room with 2 guys in it. They should con about green or blue. Kill them and you should be done.

Step Eight 20 -Back to Scarecrow Fields-

Go back to the Rotstuffed Scarecrow Fields and level from 19 to 20 with the same steps.

Congratulations you are now a ranger

Oh btw if you want to get some awesome armor. Go to the warehouse where you became a predator and look for Ian. He will give you a series of quests for AWESOME armor for your level. This is also known as an AQ or Armorquest. Well thank you for reading =D

- Xeorn Valshar of Tunare

Posted: March 16th, 2005, 12:53 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Hrrmm, i dunno if this is worth prem access. I mean, its a nice guide, but most of it is pretty straight forward. If you took all the info thats blatently obvious out of it you wouldn't have much left. Plus you could have put that picture to better use, maybe a map with those locs you talk about on it?

Well thats just my opinion, anyone think this is worth prem access?

Posted: March 19th, 2005, 4:16 am

tault_xeorn
tault_xeorn's Reps:
I guess I could add locs but most of the locations are blatently obvious to find. Its not that good but still if you want a decent guide on becoming a ranger this is ok for you. I'll answer questions you have too just post them here

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online