taultunleashed logo[closed] Harclave Quicker : EverQuest 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 16 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

[closed] Harclave Quicker : EverQuest 2 Submissions

Posted: October 3rd, 2005, 12:02 pm

rikioh
rikioh's Reps:
Not sure if this has been posted, i used to be premium member, but not now, anyway, i found a way through harclave quickly. If you have stealth, or invisibility, kill the 1st gnoll. make the bridge, stealth, and jump across. Ignite all the torches risk free (mobs cant see you light them). you can even stack the crates as mobs dont see you when you grab them. grab the arc and turn around and let the destruction begin, safely. This is very useful for doing harclave runs on Very difficult.

Posted: October 3rd, 2005, 5:54 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
anyone can do this with a totem of the chamelon if they're > lvl 30. Why bother killing the 1st gnoll though? I just invis after I grab the torch all the way till I get the buff...

Posted: October 3rd, 2005, 11:10 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
I could give it a go with my lvl 40 SK. Is the chamelon totem player crafted or buyable?

Posted: October 4th, 2005, 2:30 am

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
crafted

Posted: October 6th, 2005, 10:43 pm

Tault_nazeroth

premium
Well i can't find it anywhere. How bloody rare is this spell?

Posted: October 7th, 2005, 4:35 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
I use this all the time, it is common sence if your a class with Invis.. I guess it could be a heads up to anyone not familar with their class and needs ideas on how to play. /shrug...

Loraik

Posted: October 7th, 2005, 1:21 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
its not a spell- its an item, goes in your activatible slot- 5 charges of invis (must be lvl 30 or > to use)
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Posted: October 7th, 2005, 10:43 pm

Tault_nazeroth

premium
Yeah i know. Its just no one was sellin em. Anyway i found one and i tryed it and well, it works. But i get owned by everything even with the harclave buff on, so its pretty pointless. I say no to prem, mainly because its value is zero. What do you think?

Posted: October 8th, 2005, 2:31 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
Its less useful since LU 13- they made harclaves harder, and nerfed the XP at the same time. I used to be able to use this to do the most difficult setting prior to LU13 (would have gotten owned before I ever got to the buff), but now, as you said, the buff isn't enough to keep me alive on very hard. So it no longer gives access to content that would otherwise be unaccesible. If your doing harclave on an easier setting, your just doing an XP/loot run anyhow, so might as well kill as many mobs as you can. So I second Naz, but am willing to open the conversation to other premium members to vote.

Posted: November 5th, 2005, 8:02 pm

ampoet
ampoet's Reps:
I tried this last night and for me there is one BIG problem, after you click the ark all the solo mobs you just stealthed by dissapear! Thats about 13-15 mobs I dont get a chance at for a chest!

Less loot, less xp, whats the point?!

Posted: November 5th, 2005, 8:40 pm

Tault_nazeroth

premium
Theoretically, you put it on a much higher level and sneak past those mobs that you wouldn't be able to kill, then get the harclave buff and suddenly you can kill anything. Thus getting much higher level loot.
Problem is, since combat revamp the high level mobs can still quite easily kill you even with the harclave buff.
So its useless.

Posted: November 6th, 2005, 6:46 am

Tault_qavlae

Total Posts: 118
Tault_qavlae's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Coming Soon - Harclave only doable once per level.

Posted: November 6th, 2005, 1:22 pm

presumedevil
presumedevil's Reps:
exp in harclaves has been nerfed, but the technique works great. have used it many times... and long before the post. :/

Posted: November 8th, 2005, 10:40 am

ampoet
ampoet's Reps:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Theoretically, you put it on a much higher level and sneak past those mobs that you wouldn't be able to kill, then get the harclave buff and suddenly you can kill anything. Thus getting much higher level loot.
Problem is, since combat revamp the high level mobs can still quite easily kill you even with the harclave buff.
So its useless.

Wow, ok that makes sense then. I had no idea there were classes that coudlnt do Harclave, I'm a Warlock and have been doing it since 40 or so and I'm 48 now and have zero trouble with any mobs.

Posted: November 8th, 2005, 4:14 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
Think your still not fully getting it: I don't know if any classes existed that couldn't do it at all, but the point is that you could choose the hardest setting (which, for many classes was imposible to get past the entry mobs to get to the buff) invis past them till you got the buff, then pretty much let the buff do all the killing. It still required common sense re. not overpulling, but with a minimum amount of caution, any class could do it on very hard, once they got to the buff.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online