taultunleashed logoHow to lvl up Transmuting Cheaply : EverQuest 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 7 posts ] 
blue large dot

How to lvl up Transmuting Cheaply : EverQuest 2 Submissions

Posted: January 17th, 2007, 4:49 pm

lead2gold
lead2gold's Reps:
Alright As I sure you all know, when EoF was released it added two secondary tradeskill classes. While both these new classes have the potential to make a ton of plat, the only way to lvl them up is to "transmute" treasured items which ends up costing people hundreds of plat just to get up to skill 350.
If you don't want to have to spend this heres what you can do. Make a new character for the Newbie Isle. Wizard will work best for this since they can kill very quickly and can pull from quite a long range. Lvling this new toon up to lvl 4 and then disable combat exp. Using your shared bank you can move several bags over to this toon to collect loot in.
Now head down to the beach (the one without the ship) and kill the lvl 2-4 crabs. These drop a huge number of armor pieces that are all able to transmuted. Once you have filled several bags, put all the bags into the shared bank and switch back to your main toon where you can use all these items to raise your skill without spending a copper. Currently there is a bug in the system that allows you to get skill ups even off grey items. So even though the items are for lvl 2-4s you can use this to skill all the way up to skill lvl 325.

Happy Transmuting! 8)

Posted: January 18th, 2007, 7:22 am

newbsnacks
newbsnacks's Reps:
Hmm, i thought that after skill 100 you were required to actually craft adornments for skill ups of 101-350. Have you personally done this?

Posted: January 18th, 2007, 7:51 am

fjimmy123
fjimmy123's Reps:
after 100 you have to craft only way to lvl and the gray stuff wont give you skill up either.

Posted: January 18th, 2007, 9:48 am

apoc69
apoc69's Reps:
It's not a 'bug'. And it's been known. I've been farming the newbie isle for some time. Grey recipes having given skill ups it just takes longer.

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/ ... ge.id=1929

Actually I've found some other areas better then the newbie isle. If your high enough go do all the low level quests in EoF, i.e. BBM, GFay, and Steamfont. You end up with a minimum of 50+ items from those quests. Most are no-trade.

Posted: January 22nd, 2007, 9:26 am

dandersen
dandersen's Reps:
you do NOT get any skillups on transmuting when transmuting items after 100/350.. (no matter what u transmute)
its great tactic for 0-100 tho :)

Posted: January 26th, 2007, 4:27 am

mcslut

Total Posts: 27
mcslut's Reps: 0
And after u hit 100 u can sell all the fragments and powders for even more than treasure items itself ;)

Btw: u dont have to be lvl 350 transmuter to be able to break down lvl 70 items. Skill 325 is more than enough (i know bcoz i am there)

Posted: January 26th, 2007, 1:38 pm

dandersen
dandersen's Reps:
lol what server u playing on? 5g each treasured item at those levels.. and they sell for 1s :))

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online