taultunleashed logoShadowman/Treant Exploit -- This works : EverQuest 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 9 posts ] 
blue large dot

Shadowman/Treant Exploit -- This works : EverQuest 2 Submissions

Posted: September 5th, 2005, 5:28 pm

eyedol66
eyedol66's Reps:
Correctly performing this will yield no re-pop times on the Shadowman group you just killed. Unlimited Shadowmen. I completed Lore and Legend Shadowman quest in about a half an hour after I started it and completed the Shadowman Language quest shortly after.

The Shadowman that guard the Obleisk of Lost Souls entrance in various zones. I have confirmed this works in Commonlands and Zek.

Requirements:

The Shadowman group of 2-3 must contain a pet. If there is no pet this will not work.

Atleast 5% damage must be done to pet but the pet MUST NOT be killed.

How it's done:

If you are at level where you can get experience killing shadowmen do the following. Since shadowmen are not linked you can pull each group individually.

Pull the first 2 groups, pet or not, kill them all, making sure you leave a group still not aggro with a pet in it.

Aggro the 3rd group. Kill them all EXCEPT the pet. Do atleast 5% damage to pet. Once the Shadowmen are dead with the PET STILL AGRO. The person the pet is attacking must run away but DO NOT YELL as I have not confirmed if it changes anything. If there are other group members they can remain behind.

Once the person that has the pet Agro gets out of range where the encounter breaks the pet will instantly POOF.

Result:

Upon pet POOF the shadowman group instantly respawns and one or more of them will contain pets again.

Rinse and Repeat until the other 2 group encounters spawn.

Example of how this can be done at levels where they are grey, say you are trying to complete Lore and Legend Quest and need an update or you want to farm the Directives to get the Language (Did both myself)

Find a Shadowman Group in one of zones with Obleisk entrance.

Kill all Shadowmen leaving any pets agro on yourself. Do atleast 5% damage to each of the pets

Once shadowmen are dead. Run away from camp.

Once encounter breaks, same as above, the groups contiaining a pet you did not kill instantly respawn.

Understand the following if it's not already clear: If the group does not contain a pet and you kill the shadowmen they will be on regular repop timer. If group has a pet that you DO NOT KILL, and have done atleast 5% damage to, when you run away that group will instantly repop and the pet will still be there

Theory

Since the encounter does not break due to pet and the pet has to regenerate back at 100% and causes instant respawn I believe there might be other areas of game where pets are involved that you can run away in similar fashion and get instant repop.

This can be used to farm xp, loot, whatever.

Have Fun!

Also confirmed this works with Treants in Zek that have the "brittle tender" pets.

Following same process as above you can get instant respawn

9/04 - Confirmed this still works in both areas for Shadowmen AND confirmed it still works with Treants in Zek. The pet(s) in all instances must take damge, works for me every time. In Zek today I was within site of spawn location and it took about 3-5 seconds from time pet Poofed till I saw repop.

Sent PM to Nazeroth. He got it to work once so that means it can be done. The only other thing I can recommend trying is do it same way as I do.

1. Kill first group, do not aggro others
2. Kill second group, do not aggro others
3. Perform process above for 3rd group with pet. Run away.

4. Last group should have respawned by time you get back to camp

Last edited by Guest on September 6th, 2005, 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: September 5th, 2005, 11:41 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Mate i've tryed the shadowmen in CL like 6 times now. Once i got the last group to repop instantly (but the pet didn't go 'poof!' like you describe), after that it didn't work. All 6 times i had the pet below half of its life.

Posted: September 6th, 2005, 2:43 am

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
You've given a very through writeup, and swear it works. Naz has tried and failed to follow your walkthrough. PM one of us, let us know what server/toon you play, we'll set up a time to meet you in game and you can demonstrate, perhaps? If it works, I'd say its worth premium. But as it stands, we are unable to confirm it, or reproduce it.

Posted: September 6th, 2005, 3:02 am

Tault_nazeroth

premium
I could be doing something wrong maybe, though i've followed everything as accurately as i can.If anyone else cares to give it a go that'd be great.

Posted: September 6th, 2005, 5:17 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
I'll give it a go tonight. Just have to find the shadowmen in CL...

Posted: September 7th, 2005, 12:11 am

Tault_nazeroth

premium
Just get off the Nek Forest griffon and head south-west. Their in between a rock and the extreme west wall. Along the wall, their between nek forest zone gate and the yaping maze.

Posted: September 14th, 2005, 11:45 am

tinydiabla
tinydiabla's Reps:
You dont need to have a pet up.

Just dont kill the last mob.. run a good distance. You'll have same result. Without a pet up there is one less mob you can kill, but still doable.. This is old info, imo.. Only addition is method to use a pet for repop.

http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=22543&highlight=

Posted: September 14th, 2005, 2:25 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
So yay or nay?

Posted: September 15th, 2005, 12:09 am

Tault_nazeroth

premium
Nay, the exploit may work from time to time but its extremely random. Also, we know about this sort of stuff already.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online