taultunleashed logoSmall guide for ranger soloing lvl42-50 : EverQuest 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 9 posts ] 
blue large dot

Small guide for ranger soloing lvl42-50 : EverQuest 2 Submissions

Posted: August 8th, 2005, 6:57 am

tault_ebrias2
tault_ebrias2's Reps:
First you have to get to the best area with the right mobs for your level to solo. I found for the ranger its the best to solo in Everfrost. There are Snowleopards, which are easy to solo (kite) with a Ranger. You can fairly easy solo lvl 45/46 Heroic++ Leopard with a lvl 42 Ranger. There are only a few things you have to pay attention to.

First set up a hotbar with your main bow skills which are mainly for the damage output. That are:

1. Culling the Herd(43.6) ,use Sniping Shot when you don`t have it yet
2. Sharp Shot(44.4), use Flaming Shot when you don`t have it yet
3 Leg Shot(44), use Entrap when you don`t have it yet
4. Triple Fire (42.6), use Triple Shot when you don`t have it yet
5. Maesyns Shot (its a level 40 trait)

Then set up the second damage skills:

1. Tear(44.8), use Rip when you don`t have it yet
2. Blazing Thrust(43), use Lightning Strike when you don`t have it yet
3. Deadly Reminder
4. Survival of the Fittest
5. Pick off
6. Lucky Strike

Last, set up the Buffs:

1. Dance of Leaves(46), use Adroit when you don`t have it yet
2. Take Aim
3. Veil of the Forest
4. Honed Reflexes
5. Feral Instinct
6. Primal Reflexes

Please be sure you have as many of the buffs up when fighting!

You have to equip the Polished Granite Tomahawk while fighting. This will give you nearly an endless damage shield so that the mob can`t hit you.Additionally you will get very much additional Mana over the fight. Sometimes i leave a fight with no mana lost. On the second weapon slot i would suggest equiping an imbued Weapon for additional direct damage.
On the ranged slot i suggest an imbued Longbow or cedar longbow. Longbow because for me it seems that its procing more than a short bow.

As Armor use the Legendary Efreeti Boots for additonal mana recovering.Additionally buy a bloodstone ring of agility and a bloodstone ring of strength for extra buffs.

As poison you should use a legendary one. You also should bring up the red debuff poison, which stacks with the damage poison!

As arrows you should buy cheap iron hunting arrows(6cp), because they work together with the red debuff poison which reduces migitation vs. slashing damage und the iron hunting arrows produce this slashing damage.

Well, now go to the leopards. The kiting area you have to use is the flat area in front of the leopards, right and left from the exit of the Icy mountain. Use this area and you won`t get any adds when you pay attention.

Always pull the leopards with Culling the Herd, because it slows the mob and bite a big chunk of health out of it. The next attack you should use is leg shot to slow down the mob for additional time. Use leg shot only when you have mass of mana or when you recognize that the mob begins to run faster, that will save you a lot of mana.
Always run backwards, faced to the mob so you can make damage with ranged attack too! This gives you more chance to get some procs.

While your bow combat combat abilities load up you should use you heroic opportunities and this all while running away from the mob! Always keep running when you don`t want to die.
Hit Lucky Strike, then use Pick off and after that Blazing Thrust, Survival of the Fittest or Deadly Reminder. I always use all my bow combat abilties before i use my HO wheel.

I you get an add, keep fighting your mob and run to the other end of the flat kiting area, then the mob will loose aggro!

I hope i didn`t forget anything in my guide. But i can add things later.

This way you will gain about 1yellow bubble per hour.

Have fun!

Posted: August 8th, 2005, 1:53 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
normaly I'd say 'pfft, so what', but with the advent of SE, theres a good chance a player might be picking up a new class already in t5. Thus, IMHO a 'quick start' guide to playing a given class in t5 for people who havent done the other 40 levels is of some use. Dunno if its worth premium or not....maybe flush it out some, with some more strats with the intended audience being sombody just picking up a high lvl ranger without ever playing one before (so a quick overview of what the various spell trees are, what stacks with what, etc) and itd be worth prem. IMHO. But what do I know =]

Posted: August 8th, 2005, 2:16 pm

tault_ebrias
tault_ebrias's Reps:
Thanks for your respone. I didn`t think of that before. I really think the best is when i flush it out some in the way you said! Thanks.

Posted: August 8th, 2005, 11:33 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Not a bad little guide, and Discoduck raises a good point with SE. Though i don't understand why you want 2 accounts.

Posted: August 9th, 2005, 1:06 am

tault_ebrias
tault_ebrias's Reps:
Tault_nazeroth (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Not a bad little guide, and Discoduck raises a good point with SE. Though i don't understand why you want 2 accounts.

Whats meant with "SE"? I want a second account because i got another eq2 account from a friend and you need a license for each account :?

Posted: August 9th, 2005, 3:31 am

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
station exchange. its sonys new authorized system (special servers) which allows you to buy and sell, among other things, characters. Level 50 (or close to) toons are the best sellers, meaning there are people buying and playing lvl 50s who have no idea how to play that class, not having done the previous 49 levels. This is where you guide would prove useful.

Posted: August 9th, 2005, 12:03 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
So worth a premium guys?

Posted: August 9th, 2005, 12:57 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
He said he would do an expanded version (if I read him correctly). If/when he does so, then yes, IMHO.

Posted: August 9th, 2005, 8:43 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Yes, chuck some more meaningful info in there. Maybe like a list and description of the main lvl50 spells that char would use, and i don't mean a list C&P'ed off another site.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online