taultunleashed logoSoloing heroic encounters non-stop for excellent xp : EverQuest 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

Soloing heroic encounters non-stop for excellent xp : EverQuest 2 Submissions

Posted: July 6th, 2005, 3:19 pm

monyetman
monyetman's Reps:
Perhaps someone has already mentioned this, just thought i would in case.

For an interesting, fun and very rewarding soloing grind, enter the Trial of Harclave (solo) quest in Sundered Splitpaw. On lighting all 8 braziers and clicking the ark of harclave, you will become uber uber uber uber buffed (will roughly triple life and power, slightly more) and have massive haste as well as being healed for 450 hp eveyr few seconds. At this point, the zone becomes filled with blue, white and yellow heroic encounters. If you don't completely finish the quest, leave, and come back, you can do the whole thing again for about 30% xp a go with almost no risk. It's some of the most fun and intensely worthwhile xping i've done since about level 13 soloing heroic ^^ mobs in wailing caves for ¬6% each. As I'm typing this, my brigand is being beat on by two yellow heroic encounters in windowed eq2 and is still on full life.

ps. I already had premium membership, but this was before the xunleased/tault merger. do i still have it regardless?

Posted: July 6th, 2005, 6:57 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Yes, you should still have prem access, if not, talk to Admin.
Also, yes, we already know of this exploit.

Posted: July 7th, 2005, 5:00 am

tazman076

Total Posts: 169
tazman076's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
There is a lock out timer on failure. Well i'm not sure if its triggered by killing the named or what triggers the lock out. I went afk after killing the spore king but before finishing the zone. Was locked out for the same amount of time as when i finished it all

Posted: July 7th, 2005, 3:52 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
I died while doing this quest from a fall, after getting the buff, but before killing the king and I had a 3+ hour lockout timer. So the timer is set before the King- its likely triggered by getting the buff. I've noticed the new expansion seems to have scaling lockouts- the more of the zone you complete, the longer your lockout...

Posted: July 7th, 2005, 5:03 pm

psouza4
psouza4's Reps:
20 minute timer if you DO NOT get the ark
4 hour timer if you DO get the ark

These timers start the moment you zone in, so if you spend 45 minutes in there, get the ark, then die, your lockout timer will be 3 hours, 15 minutes.

And this is pretty much common sense, even though they nerfed it some this morning. But if you already had premie access, you should still have it.. someone go ring an admin!

Posted: July 7th, 2005, 5:10 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Priv msg sent on your problem :)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online