taultunleashed logoTradeskill Secret : EverQuest 2 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

Tradeskill Secret : EverQuest 2 Submissions

Posted: January 12th, 2007, 12:59 pm

bgh122
bgh122's Reps:
Are you tired of running out of power when tradeskilling and then suddenly messing up that coveted piece of armour that cost half your saving to buy materials for? Well here is a way to avoid this nuisance:

1) Make sure you have a high power regen drink, preferably near max for your level.

2) Remove all items and clothing before starting

3) Realize that moves with a negative consequence use no energy where as the moves that are purely regenerative use your energy. This means that a (hypothetical) move that does +9.00 progress but -3.00 durability will use no energy and thus can be used when your energy is low, these are to be spammed whenever possible (preferably the moves that have a + for durability and a low - for progress).

This works because drinks restore an 'absolute' amount of power, in other words they restore a number per tick i.e. a 72 regen per tick drink will always restore 72 energy 'per tick' (this is assumed to be 2 seconds). However tradeskill moves consume a percentage of energy. In this theory your total energy will be lowered by the removal of items but your energy regen (from the drink) will remain the same, thus the percentages will be lessened and hence moves cost less.

This method is not a sure-fire way of completing a perfect item, but in practice it makes a massive difference. ((benchmarked)) an armourer using the method can pump out a continuous line of pristine armour whereas a same level armourer not using the method will need to either sacrifice quality of produce or rest between items.

Posted: January 12th, 2007, 3:56 pm

nearlight
nearlight's Reps:
this has been posted before on the forums

Posted: January 12th, 2007, 9:23 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can you link me nearlight :)

Posted: January 13th, 2007, 3:15 pm

un0riginal

Total Posts: 123
un0riginal's Reps: 28
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Tault_admin (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Can you link me nearlight :)

I'll have a look for you, I have seen this on many different boards, nevermind on here.

Posted: January 13th, 2007, 3:16 pm

seph55
seph55's Reps:
i was doing that once and when i failed to counter something it killed me that's why i wear statless armor when i craft

Posted: January 13th, 2007, 3:23 pm

un0riginal

Total Posts: 123
un0riginal's Reps: 28
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
One quick google later ..... Check at bottom

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online