taultunleashed logo0-45 Culinary : FFXI General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

0-45 Culinary : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: June 4th, 2004, 11:47 pm

psychologikal
psychologikal's Reps:
A source for massive statistical buffs that spells and items simply cannot do, I urge anyone wanting to synth from ruling this skill out as part of their setup.

Edit: I merely chose these items, as they are both the most efficient, and cost saving/profit building methods, in which you continue to gain skill. There are still a few bugs I am attempting to work outta this guide, as I did not write the guide in its entireity. I am at about 30 skill so far, and it is fairly accurate, so far. Any input is aprecciated. Enjoy!

Skill 0-3:
4x Carrot Broth: (Water Crystal + 4 SanDorian Carrots)

Note: Water crystals are 300 Gil per stack, or 25 gil per, on average.
Carrots are cheap if you buy from regional markets who own Sarutabaruta, typically Windurst, which is good, since you can get synth help at the culinary guild. a stack of 12 will usually be 450-500 gil in the AH, so there is minimal loss and possible profit.

Update: skill 3-7 recipe

Skill 3-6/7:
Hard Boiled Egg:(Fire Crystal + Bird/Lizard Egg + Distilled Water)

Note: Submitted from fellow GSN readers, The Hard-boiled egg is very useful as an aid to magic users, as it raises your inherent magical abilities. Relatively low-cost to make and easy to kill crows or lizards for supplies, this recipe is an ideal choice for both skill gains and a small, quick profit.

Skill 6/7-11:
2x Sliced Sardine:(Wind Crystal + Bastore Sardine)

Note: The Bastore sardine is about 55 gil at the fishing guild shop in Windy. Wind crystals are about 1k-2k, depending on luck and economy. Sliced sardines sell for about 64 gil, so 128 gil per successful synth attempt. advanced image synthesis is highly recommended from levels 3-7. Per successful attempt, you have about 15 Gil negative profit.

Skill 11-20:
4xSelbina Butter:(Ice crystal + Rock Salt + Selbina Milk)

Note: Selbina milk costs about 40 gil at vendors in Selbina and SanDoria, although noticeably more at the culinary guild shop in Windy. Rock salt costs about 10 gil each in Sandoria, & Ice crystal stacks are 1,200 Gil. However, this only produces 4 sticks of Selbina butter, which sell unusually well in AH, but not well at all to vendors. This level is where you will experience your largest loss in gil, but it is still negligible as compared to other crafting skills.

Skill 20-26/28:
12xInsect balls: (Earth Crystal + Little Worm + Distilled Water + Millicorn)

Note: The Earth crystals are valued at 25 gil each (300 for 12), Little Worms sell constantly for 3 gil each at the Catalyst shop in Windy Waters, and the restaurant there also sells distilled water for 10 gil each – both are unending supply and don’t change price. The Million corn is subject to price change so is best bought in SanDoria. If you need it in Windy, check the culinary guild for decent (although overpriced) corn. You make about 300% profit from selling this recipe, so no loss should be involved, even profit should be expected.

Skill 26-29:
Pineapple Juice:(Water Crystal + 2 Kazham Pineapples)

If you buy the Kazham pineapples in Kazham or other vendors you will save a lot of gil, and pineapple juice will again sell for more than it costs. You could passively make this up as you level, making juice for your mages if you’re not keen on power-levelling your cooking skill. Minimal loss or profit should be expected.

Skill 29-31:
12xSardine balls:(Earth crystal + hare meat + Horo flour + Distilled water)

Note:Horo Flour can be bought cheapest from the vendor near Waters/port zone border, or at the AH. Cheap and easy to make, but not as "good" as insect paste, so sales will be slow. sells for profit often at AH.

Skill 31-34/35:
12xMeat Balls:( Earth Crystal + Hare meat + SanDorian Flour+ Distilled Water)

Note:A little more expensive than Sardine balls, and equal in chances of profit. they sell just as well in AH, and SanDorian flour can be found also in the Culinarian guild, Windy.

Skill 34/35-39:
6xPetfood Delta:(Earth Crystal + Rye Flour + Landcrab meat + Distilled water +Bird egg)

Note:One of my favorite recipes, this can be a significant moneymaker (especially with high fame & Charisma). Shop around different AH's for the best prices on stacks of land crab meat & bird eggs, you will get 6 , each around 100 gil, depending on the buyer, and your fame/charisma.

Skill 39-40:
Meat Mithkabob:(Fire Crystal + Cockatrice meat + Wild Onion + Mhuara garlic + Kazham pepper)

Note:Congratulations, you can now reliably make Meat Mithkabobs.The big monster breakfast can be made as early as 30, although it’s safest not to make them until 39ish – since they’re so costly to make a failed synthesis can hurt. These are often a goal for many Culinarians, because of their massive advantage in combat.^^

Skill 40-43:
Pie dough:(Water crystal + Selbina butter + Rocksalt + Sandorian Flower)

Note: This is a marginal moneymaker, about breaking even, but profits are more likely if you make your own Butter.

Skill 43-45+:
Apple Pie:(Fire crystal + Pie Dough + Maple sugar + Cinnamon stick + Lizard egg + Fairy apple)
Another great plateau of cooking skill, pies are loved by mages, and sell very well at both AH and Bazaar. Skill in carpenting for the syrup and gardening for the apples could, theoretically, add a huge level of profit to this venture, as well as making the dough.

There are many possible ways of going about raising past 45, but since I have not yet done it I can’t offer solid advice. As I go, I will add more ^^

All synthesizing skills will begin requiring equally-high secondary-even tertiary skills to both increase skill levels, and make more unique items. This pairing begins around level 20, and becomes a nearly exclusive requirement (for profit) by the time you reach skill 60. It is an effective way to motivate people to become well-rounded individuals, and reap the truly amazing awards.

Credit goes to Duuude007 game-secrets

Posted: August 3rd, 2004, 4:50 pm

lostsoul
lostsoul's Reps:
Skill 29-31:
12xSardine balls:(Earth crystal + hare meat + Horo flour + Distilled water)

***Really is Bastore Sardine, not hare meat***

My addition to this. I used this guide all the way to 45.

Skill 43-45+:
Apple Pie:(Fire crystal + Pie Dough + Maple sugar + Cinnamon stick + Lizard egg + Fairy apple)
Another great plateau of cooking skill, pies are loved by mages, and sell very well at both AH and Bazaar. Skill in carpenting for the syrup and gardening for the apples could, theoretically, add a huge level of profit to this venture, as well as making the dough.
***Will take you to 48. Then substitute Lizard Egg with Bird Egg and goto 49 or 50***

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online