taultunleashed logoAnother Gardening problem. : FFXI General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 8 posts ] 
blue large dot

Another Gardening problem. : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: March 24th, 2008, 10:15 am

novio
novio's Reps:
I know you have to keep track on moogle responses since you need to build up elemental strenght. ( talking about ore gardening )

as many guides say something like this: "If you get a “Growing Well” message, continue to examine on the same day as you have been (i.e. if you inspected on firesday and got the “Growing well” message, examine next firesday)
If the plant starts out with a “Doing well” Message. Continue to check on the same elemental day (i.e. Fire for Fire ore) to build up the elemental strength. But If it goes from a “Growing Well” to a “Doing well” you have to much elemental strength. In this case you will have to check on the day the element is weak to (ie fire__water) This will tune down the elemental strength of the Crystal. Do this for one check and on the next inspection check on the elemental day (i.e. Fire__Water__Fire) anc continue to until you get a “Growing Well” Message again. "

well i just tried it and my result looks like this:

Pot 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Day
1 x x x x o o x x x o
2 x o o x x x o o o x
3 o x x o o x x o o o
4 x o x o x o x x o o
5 o o o o x o o x o x
6 x o o x x o x o o o

x = doing well o = growing well

it seems to change from x to o with no reason ( i always checked on neutral days like earthsday for fire ores) so actually i'm not changing the elemental strenght.. but why does it change from x to o and then back to x? am i doing something wrong? and if i check them twice in a row the 2nd response is sometimes not the same as the first, why is that? >_<

thanks for your help ; ;

Posted: March 25th, 2008, 12:07 pm

kagami
kagami's Reps:
Ummu...I'm not really sure what to tell you, but I was told that if you wanted a plant to grow well you had to check it every day or so or else it'll die.

I never knew that you could check a plant and raise it's elemental strength if you were getting ores I always thought it just depended on the crystals you used.

There might be more than what most know about gardening. x.x;

Sorry for being no help.

Posted: March 25th, 2008, 12:52 pm

novio
novio's Reps:
well yea you have to pay attention on the moogle responses but either i'm doing something wrong or i didnt get the point >_>. However it sounds easier that it is, thats the only thing i need to know to complete my gardening knowledge so i'm really hoping for an good answer ; ; but thank you though^^

Posted: March 25th, 2008, 2:44 pm

pyrolol

Total Posts: 795
pyrolol's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
You have to check it every RL day (twice is better) or it will die; but you have (almost) 3 of each FFXI day in that.

Don't take whatever guide you're following as truth, nobody really knows exactly how much strength you need. This guy is just posting something that seems to have worked for him in the past. Nobody has ever done an accurate study of this stuff.

I think I'm right in saying you possibly shouldn't check on neutral days if you can help it though. Ditto with multi-checking.

Posted: March 26th, 2008, 3:06 am

novio
novio's Reps:
ok so i just need to check them twice a day ( in a row? ) and never on neutral days ( so always either strong or weak ?) o.o

Posted: March 26th, 2008, 8:59 am

pyrolol

Total Posts: 795
pyrolol's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
No. For all we know the best results could be obtained by checking every 28 minutes (29 if there's only one person in the zone with a name beginning with 'r'), and if you run anticlockwise around the pots 7 times before harvesting.

The point is, nobody actually *knows* anything. They're just trying stuff out, seeing what happens, and providing vague advice based on this. I am posting what I have read about gardening, the person who wrote your guide is posting (for the most part; virtually no-one does original research that produces scientifically justifyable results) what he has read.

Look at crafting, it's much simpler, and has been studied in much much greater detail, and afaik people still don't know exactly how it works.

Posted: March 26th, 2008, 11:56 am

novio
novio's Reps:
cool cool ^^ thanks for all the responses
i guess i just have to test it a few times.

btw ^^ how often do you check on weak/strong days?

Posted: March 27th, 2008, 10:13 am

acnyc2k6

Total Posts: 15
acnyc2k6's Reps: 0
lol. just check it once a day and done. i never really bother with all that elemental strength and stuff, its all like lottery to me. i have harvest 2 sappings from a plant just "doing well", happened on ores too.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online